Age Eleven – Rivelle
36 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Elicia Perid -

“We're finally back Celeste!” I said.

Unlike when we first entered, there were a few magic creatures that bothered us on our way back. We didn't have any problems since Aunt Merea took care of them but it was odd that I couldn't spot any shadow wolves among the ones that attacked us.

We went through a straight line past the forest and made it back to the tower's entrance. It was already dark out by the time we exited the tower, which explained why we didn't come across anybody near the entrance.

“Let's take her back to the Loeth Residence first.” Aunt Merea said.

“Alright, aunt Merea. Come on Celeste, we're taking you home, unless you want to stay here.” I turned around to face Celeste. She was looking down and her hands were on her stomach.

Silent, she never spoke on the way back. She was always reserved but this time she was extra quiet. Was she scared? Or was she worried about Urie?

Speaking of Urie, where was he? Maybe he got back earlier than us? That boy better be sorry if he did, he left us alone and went back by himself.

“Huh? Who are they?” There were some people at the fountain who spotted us and started approaching.

“Celeste! Where were you? We were worried sick!” A lady with long blonde hair jumped at Celeste and embraced her.

Hmm? Her eyes were familiar.

“Were you with Urie?” She asked.

“Yes...” Celeste answered with a soft voice.

Urie? She must be... his mother? Beautiful. Maybe when Urie grows up, he'll be as pretty as her. Just kidding. Wait, he didn't go home yet?

“Merea, you haven't seen Urie?” Urie's mother turned to look at aunt Merea.

“I looked around just in case but he wasn't there.”

Hearing my aunt's answer, Urie's mother stood up. “Celeste, stay with Patty. Merea, we're going to the academy.” She declared, and ran in the direction of the academy. My aunt followed her.

Her expression frightened me, more so than our encounter with the shadow wolf. What was at the academy?

A maid came up to us and asked us to come along with her. Celeste refused, however, and insisted on following Urie's mother to the academy. I was curious as well. Why go to the academy this late at night? The maid was hesitant but still went along with us as we began to walk.

We made it to the academy a few minutes later. The giant iron gate was closed, the guards also weren't around as it was nighttime. I couldn't see Urie's mother around or my aunt. Did they go in?

“It's not locked. ” I checked the gates.

They weren't locked, aunt Merea must have closed it after they entered. I tried to push on one panel of the gate to open it but it was too heavy.

“Celeste, come help me open it. You too!” I asked Celeste and the maid to help push open the gate.

Wasn't this maid an adult? She only contributed as much strength as I did. We only managed to make a small opening with the three of us. At least it was wide enough to for us to squeeze through.

“We shouldn't be doing this, young miss, let's go home.”

I ignored the pleas of the maid and continued to walk with Celeste to the academy building.

- Celeste Varethe -

[My child, I'm sorry we didn't make it in time. ]

Urie, he disappeared. Where did he go?

[Just as I received you on this side, he got sent to the other side. I called a friend before we got cut off, so don't despair, he will take care of the boy.]

Will he come back? Can I go back?

[….]

Please tell me, whatever it is, I just need an answer.

[I'm not sure, we can't do anything from here. He has to figure out a way from the other side. And I... I can't bring you back.]

It's okay. I just wanted to know. Thank you.

[I'm sorry my child. You should be safe now, just wait for a while, someone will come. I have to leave now, I will see you again...]

She left. The voice of the gentle woman sounded clear this time.

“Cele...” Who? Someone was rubbing my back.

“Celeste, time to go home.” Elicia?

I opened my eyes and Elicia was smiling at me. She looked tired. Was I asleep?

“Aunt Merea, what about the rock drake outside?” Elicia said.

“It's safe to go out, I took care of it.” There was a tall woman who looked exactly like Elicia... Oh, I remember, the lady from the academy.

Elicia took my hand and we left the room together with her aunt.

It was bright. We have to walk the whole way back but at least we don't have to worry about monsters attacking us. Looks like the huge rock monster was gone.

Nothing was disturbing us as we went through the barren area. Although, it looked like there were a lot more holes and small rocks than when we first walked past here.

I was nervous about coming to the forest. This was where those monsters with sharp teeth attacked us. Surprisingly though, it looked like everything but those things appeared when we entered. Elicia and me stood behind as her aunt took care of all the monsters.

Elicia was shaking at first, but after seeing how her aunt beat down all the monsters with her rock-covered hands, she became calmer. She even started to cheer on her aunt.

I couldn't walk any longer, my feet were hurting and I was hungry. My head was also hurting from the brightness inside. Urie wasn't here to help me this time so I didn't bother Elicia or her aunt.

I felt relieved when we managed to finally make it to the exit. Thank goodness it was dark outside. How long were we in the tower?

“We're finally back Celeste!” Elicia shouted.

“Let's take her back to the Loeth Residence first.” Her Aunt said.

“Alright, aunt Merea, come on Celeste we're taking you home. Unless you want to stay here.”

What will I say to auntie Rivelle? My stomach hurts...

“Huh? Who are they?” Elicia asked.

“Celeste! Where were you? We were worried sick!” She's here? What should I say? I don't know...

“Were you with Urie?” Her embrace was tight. It hurt a little.

“Yes...” I lowered my head as I answered.

Will she hate me? I didn't manage to stop Urie back then.

“Merea, you haven't seen Urie?” She asked Elicia's aunt.

She isn't mad? I raised my head to look at her face.

“I looked around just in case but he wasn't there.”

She was mad, her face was scary. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

“I'm sor—“ I tried to apologize, but my voice wouldn't leave my throat.

“Celeste, stay with Patty. Merea, we're going to the academy.”

I loosened my grip on my clothes as auntie Rivelle released me from her arms and stood up. She left with Elicia's aunt and headed to the academy's direction.

“Young miss, let's go home. The young lady from the Perid house should also come with us.” Patty said.

Auntie Rivelle wasn't mad. She had the same expression as my papa that night.

“No. I will also go to the academy.” I insisted.

- Elicia Perid -

BOOM!

A loud sound stopped us in our tracks. Coming from above, a part of the building fell down. We were startled. Fortunately, we weren't at the spot where it landed.

“I can't bring him back! I don't know how!” Someone was shouting from the debris.

When the dust cleared, I saw an infuriating face. White hair, a scruffy beard, and yellow, beady eyes. It was the headmaster! He was at the academy!?

“Bring him back now!!! Bring back my dear little Urie!”

Someone jumped down from the part of the academy missing a wall and landed on the ground with a strong gust of wind, it was Urie's mother.

“I told you, I can't! You crazy little girl! Stop pushing me!” The headmaster shouted. He was half-buried in the pile of debris.

“You three, stay back!“ Aunt Merea also jumped down from the building, her hand latched onto the academy's wall, and was dragging along the surface to slow down her fall.

With my aunt's shout, the headmaster spotted us and a malicious smile appeared on his face. He freed himself from the wreckage and dashed towards us. He was fast! How could an old man move so fast!?

[That's enough out of you lizard.]

The moment I heard the voice in my head, an explosion of wind appeared before us but only blew back the headmaster. He slammed through the academy's wall and fell silent, maybe he was knocked unconscious.

The wind gathered before us and formed a green glowing doll, similar to the one made of clay that I had.

“Sylvestris! Where is my son!?” Urie's mother yelled at the floating doll.

[Don't worry about him, he's safe, probably.]

I recognized the apathetic manner of speaking. Right, the green guy.

“Don't give me that! Bring him back! Bring back my son!” She was frantic.

[I can't, at least not at the moment. I'm sorry.]

She bit her lower lip as the expression she had changed once again. Urie's mother dropped down onto the ground and broke down crying.

Celeste ran towards her. This time, it was her that hugged Urie's mother as she wept.

Aunt Merea went over to the hole in the wall to check on the headmaster while the green doll in front just floated in silence.

There was something I gleaned from the events that were unfolding in front of me. That grey-haired boy, Urie, wasn't he coming back?

- Celeste Varethe -

“Sylvestris! Where is my son!?”

[Don't worry about him, he's safe, probably.]

“Don't give me that! Bring him back! Bring back my son!”

[I can't, at least not at the moment. I'm sorry.]

Papa, was he like this after I disappeared? What about mama? If Urie went to the other side, then he could meet my parents and tell them I'm fine.

It hurt. Not my stomach. My chest hurt.

It felt incredibly stuffy, and it was hard to breathe.

I ran. I ran to her as fast as I could. I placed my arms around her and held her as tight as I could.

“Auntie, he's fine!” I yelled.

She wasn't listening, she kept crying. I needed to get her to listen to me.

There was one thing...

“Mo...Mother... Mother!”

She kept asking me to call her this since I moved into the house.

1