[2] Tenacity
252 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Lumi's PoV)

While walking out of the overly extravagant restaurant, I couldn't help but curse at my bad luck.

'I should've just ignored the calls. Now I'm probably the laughingstock of my class.' I took the keys from my jacket and unlocked my car, navigating through the crowded parking lot.

Cars of all kinds sat in the parking lot, some costing several thousand to several hundred thousand.

After I stopped next to a black pickup truck, I unlocked the door and slid into the driver's seat.

'Damn, I forgot to bring food back!' I was more upset with myself than the others at this point, especially because I wasn't one to hold grudges.

I manually lowered the window and placed an arm on the door as I drove with one hand, enjoying the wind blowing in from outside.

Turning on the music, I switched it to a familiar station and started to hum along with the music.

...

(Lincoln PoV)

"That damned shit! Find him now! If I don't break his legs and make him beg for mercy, I won't be reconciled." Lincoln said as he paced back and forth angrily.

"We found him sir, I sent one of the men to follow him after he left just in case." A man wearing a suit said, with an earpiece in his ear as he communicated with the people tailing Lumi.

...

(Lumi's PoV)

I smiled faintly as I saw the familiar scenery of my apartment draw near.

I turned into the near empty parking lot and turned off my truck, reaching over to grab my bag I used for work.

'Maybe something good will happen and I'll that promoted...' Opening the door, I got out and turned to grab my bag when someone slammed into me!

"He-hey!" I staggered, nearly losing my balance in the process, however before I could say anything else, another man appeared.

Against one, it would be a miracle if I won, but against two, it was just a simple beat down on my part!

I turned to run, however one of the men drew something that reflected the light and threw it at my bag.

Feeling a thump, I looked down and saw a blade, several inches long protruding from my bag.

"You won't like where the next one ends up." The one who threw the knife smiled viciously.

"Why are you here? Is it because of Lincoln?" I asked, using the simple process of deduction to know who ordered this.

"Either you break your leg, or we break them both for you and then we hand you over to our young sir." The other man spoke, who was thinner than the other man, but still quite muscular.

"I choose..." I hesitated as I didn't want to break a leg, but I also didn't want a new hole opening up anywhere on my body.

"To live." I rushed headlong towards the two, the bag repurposed as a makeshift club with a knife protruding at the tip.

The two men wore shocked expressions as they dodged back and stepped back hurriedly as the bag kept chasing them.

"Damn! Why is he so crazy?! He's just a regular person!" The other man growled as he tried to deflect the impromptu weapon.

"If you didn't give him a freaking weapon, would we be this miserable?!" He shouted again as a thin laceration caused blood to drip from his arm.

The knife wielding guy deflected the bag and stepped into range, just as I delivered a devastating blow to the waist.

With a strangled yelp, he rolled away and curled up on the ground with sweat beading on his face.

Seeing his companion's miserable situation, the unarmed guy took a deep breath and ran.

Towards... me?

As soon as he got close, I swung the bag, however he grabbed the strap and yanked it forward, trying to make me release my grip.

What ended up happening was both of us tumbled to the ground, and a dull ache started to spread from my lower back.

The man pushed himself to his feet and his eyes were filled with dread. His hands which had been on me a few seconds prior were stained in blood.

I felt a sliver of coldness spread throughout my body and I looked down, a pained grunt escaping my lips.

'Oh shit!' Blood pooled beneath me as the handle of a knife buried in my side reflected a bit of moonlight.

"H-hey! N-no, it wasn't my fault! It's you! This is all your fault!" The man wiped his bloody hands in his shirt and ran back to a black sedan and drove off in a hurry.

'It's bleeding a lot, but it isn't that bad, I can still call the ambulance and th-' Hearing footsteps, I looked to the side and saw the wounded man walking over with an apparent limp.

'Well fuck. Maybe he'll also get an emotional breakdown and lea-' Along with a sharp pain, a wearing heat forced itself into my body, just below my heart.

Coughing up a bit of blood, I looked at the man who gazed back with rage filled eyes, which slowly turned to fear as the reality of what he did set in.

He turned, but before he left, he patted my body down and grabbed my phone and slammed it against the ground.

'Damn, this sucks. I truly don't want to die, but it's all but assured.' My eyes which could only stare at the stars started to dim with each passing second, as every second spelled closer to my doom.

"I w-what to live!" I struggled to yell as I somehow found the strength to flip over and crawl over to my phone.

Ignoring the pieces of glass that pierced my skin, I tried to turn on my phone, however the screen remained blank.

'I think the world must hate me now...' I sighed as the last bits of strength slowly faded away.

My eyes started to droop, each eyelid feeling as if they were supporting mountains. The urge to sleep grew stronger as seconds dragged on.

"If I could live again..." A horrible cough nearly caused the blade in my chest to pierce my heart.

"I'd do as I pleased, consequences and everyone be d-damned."

I reached a blood covered hand to the sky and felt the cool night air blow past my skin.

"So you're prepared to die then?" A voice I wasn't familiar with, but I was certain I had heard it before.

"H-Hana? Wait, how are you he-" I couldn't continue as I saw her beautiful blue eyes and dark black hair.

"You don't have that much time left, conserve your energy. Do you wish to survive?" She asked, crouching next to me without minding the blood that clung to her expensive heels.

"I don't want to die..." The surroundings grew darker, however Hana seemed to come into focus.

Her cherry red lips were full and beautiful. Her skin was flawless and pale. Her body figure was superb, having both amazing proportions.

Her eyes were probably what entranced me the most. They were blue, however it seemed to grow darker as she smiled faintly at me.

"Then survive. Even as you suffer a fate worse than death, survive!" Her eyes which were a darker than normal color turned red and her fangs, I assumed they were elongated and she lowered her face to my neck.

Holding me in her embrace, she gently moved me as if I were fragile, and to her I probably was.

I could smell her, a combination of scents that nearly made my heart rate increase despite losing so much blood.

I felt a cool wet appendage slid along my neck and I shivered. I could faintly feel a cool breath by my neck.

Along with the sound of skin breaking, a wave of pleasure spread from my neck to the rest of my body, however that quickly morphed into something horrible!

Pain, as if I were being disintegrated at the smallest units that made up my body before being reformed, endlessly.

I finally understood why she didn't say live, but survive. One could only hope to have enough tenacity and will to survive, or they'd probably lose themselves to the pain.

 

10