29 – Loom 3
764 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 weeks left.

"You had something to do with it, didn't you?" Sara pinches my arm. I shake my head.

"I… What you are talking about?"

"I gained a skill after I talked to you that day. You don't learn skills that easily, so don't lie to me. How? Is it some kind of prince power?"

I rub my head. Her face is right in front of mine.

"Come on. I'm a member of the team, tell me, please?"

She's trying the cute approach now.

Anne happens to walk over and looks surprised. "Oh, what's happening."

"I got a skill when I woke up. I am asking whether the Prince here, got anything to do with it. You know about it, Anne?'

Anne rubs her chin, "Oh ya, did you like, have a moment with the prince last night?"

Sara's eyes immediately widen. "Yes! Yes! That's exactly it. You had it too?"

"Yup. I got a skill the next day too."

Sara then looked at me. "See! There's something. Is it a skill? Tell us?"

I shrug. But then I sit both the girls down. "Fine… I'll tell you."

"Uhuh."

"I can't give you any skill. But, I can, under certain circumstances, when our… uh… relationship hits certain "milestones", trigger you to pick up a skill. I have no idea what those skills are until it happens."

Sara and Anne goes, "Ooooooo…"

"So… does that answer your question? It's not really a skill, I think."

"Hey it is still quite cool." Sara nods. "So… who did you give skills to so far?"

"Both of you, and Adam."

"Wow." Sara looks amazed and then suddenly she looks at me quizzically, "Does that mean, all this while you have been nice to us, because you want this to happen?"

I sigh. "See. This is why I did not want to tell you. I have no way of proving what I did is…"

Sara cut me off. "No no. I think it's a good thing. It's a mutually beneficial skill. I get treated nicely and get skills, and you get good help. I like this skill. It's not selfish."

"Uh…" I was more worried about being accused of being emotionally manipulative, but girls in this world don't care about that? Is it because they live entirely in a world where skills are common so they don't see it that way? Huh.

Strange.

Anne nods. "Yeah. If you got a skill like that you should tell me. I'll help you make the most out of our people."

I nod. I guess common sense works differently here. "Okay."

Thankfully, thats the end of it. The two ladies stop harassing me on the topic and we turn back to practice.

Later, as I walk around town, I spot Rene petting a small cat, and feeding it food. Curious, I decide to stalk her.

"Ahhh who's the cute little kitty." Rene offers the cat some bread. The cat's rather skinny and looks like a baby. So its a kitten. Ah well, kitties are cute after all.

So, is this meant to be some secret backstory of this conflicted character with incredible sword fighting powers?

The kitten nibbles at the bread, and it scratches her. Then it runs away with the bread.

"Ow." There's no scar or blood, but I think that would hurt. "Hey come back cute kitty…"

The kitty didn't come back.

Rene stands there, her posture a little saggy, and she turns, and sees me standing about four steps away.

And she jolts in surprise, her sword coming out instantly, out of instinct.

Thankfully, I am still a distance away from her, so her sword didn't hurt me at all.

"Oh my god how long have you been watching-" She burps out, her hand still holding on to her sword.

"Huh. Pointing a sword at your lord…"

Which causes her face frown, then shock and horror at the realisation of what she did, and instantly kneels down, and sheaths her sword. "I… My apologies Prince Carlos. I mean no harm. It is just my sword instinct when I am… surprised."

"Is this why you got expelled?"

"No." She responds instantly. Well, now I ruled one out.

"Heh. Do you know the consequences of drawing your sword against your superior officer, outside of training?"

Her head goes lower, touching the floor. "...Yes."

I wait for a good 10 seconds. Then a few choices appear before me

[Enslave her - Gain a sexual partner. Rene's affection will be locked at 0%. If others find out the rest of the girls will lose 20% affection]

[Free her - Future affection gains doubled]

[Kill her - Gain title [Ruthless]. Enhances attack damage.]

[Lightly punish her - Nothing]

Ah, I don't intend to enslave or kill or punishing anyone at the moment. "Well, Rene, I don't feel like punishing you, so, I'll forget this, please stand up."

"...Thank you for your mercy, Prince Carlos." She says, kneeling. After a second, she looks up and starts to stand.

"Seems like you are enjoying your patrols…"

"...ah." She didn't know what to say. I can understand that. If you nearly accidentally get yourself killed, and the person then teases you like that, how would you react? The conversation tone just shifts too much.

"Good form, though."

She didn't respond. I think she looks a bit shaken that she might have just died, had I been a bit more… cruel. Ah, I think I should leave her alone and talk to her next time.

"Anyway, go home and get some rest. See you around."

[2 skillpoints gained!]

Yay levels.


Affection summary

  • Anne - 83%, Blue, Rank 4, Level 8, Prince’s Adjutant
  • Adam - 64%, Yellow, Rank 4, Level 9, Soldier
  • Sara - 48%, Green, Rank 4, Level 7, Ranger
  • Lani - 29%, Yellow, Rank 5, Level 3, Elementalist
  • Reese - 30%, Red, Rank 3, Level 12 Brawler
  • Marty - 18% Yellow. Rank 4, Level 6 Heavy Arm,
  • Rene Rozario - 0% White, Rank 5, Level 15 Exiled Knight

Skill summary

Level 6 Prince (+)

  • Level 1 - Eye of affection
  • Level 3 - Crafter of gifts (+)
  • Level 3 - The power of love (+)
  • New skill - Level 1 Prince’s Titles.

Level 2 Healer (+)

  • Level 2 - Heal (+)
  • New skill - Level 1 Remove status effects

Decided to boost my passive support skill, and level up my healer level.

 
15