Chapter-5
3.5k 3 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Has your memory perhaps improved, your highness?”

“You think so?”, I answered Sebastian’s question while sipping tea in the library.

“I am certain, sir. Not only did you manage to manage to find out the Empress’s face the other day, but the amount of books you are going through per day is also nothing to scoff at.”

“...”, I couldn’t say anything in return to his statement.

“I could almost say that you only need a glance to memorize something.”

The old man’s intuition is crazy. 

He is spot on. From the moment I saw mother’s final smile, I am able to remember everything. Each and every moment is getting stored as a picture in my head.

Photographic Memory.

Is the conclusion I landed upon. It is more useful than I thought, remembering everything at a glance will be very helpful for the future.

“You say some crazy things, Sebastian. Anyways, where are the records of Mother’s projects?”

That’s right. I am now spending my time in the library searching for the various project’s mother started. 

I am going to continue them.

“I apologize, your highness. Records of her majesty’s projects are only accessible by the Emperor and the Current Empress.”

“Ughh…”, This is problematic, my relationship with the Emperor is completely broken and I can’t really ask the Empress this soon.

Oh...That is right, the couple got married last week. It has been over a month since the last conversation. Three days ago, Williams and Diana got crowned as the prince and princess.

William made a strong impression by staying confident throughout the ceremony. Diana on the other hand… let’s just say that she made a warm impression on everyone. She did bite her tongue multiple times during the ceremony, most of the old nobles looked at her with warm eyes.

The Empress on the other was accepted easily. It’s probably due to the reason of having royal blood in her. The same can be said for the kids.

Coming back to the topic on hand,

“Do you have any idea on how to receive them, Sebastian?”

“It’s going to be difficult, Your highness. Leaving your mind aside, your actual age is insufficient.”

“Ahhh…Age.”

Sebastian was spot on, I am far too young and naive. I am gonna have to be proficient in my studies and need to have a lot of connections to take over mother’s projects.

I shouldn’t rush. This concerns the people of the Empire. One wrong step will cause devastating effects.

“Oh well… I am sure that I will get opportunities to view those files.”

“It is as you say, sire”

*tap**tap*

“Your highness, the Emperor is requesting an audience with you”, said the knight that came in.

I couldn’t help but grin at the perfect timings.

“My my, Your Highness...Are you perhaps a prophet?”

“Oh come on, Sebastian...The only thing I have right now is this memory of mine.”

Now then Mother...let me continue what you couldn’t.

Holding the necklace, I made my way to the Emperor’s throne room.

****

“His Highness, the crown prince, Arthur…”

“Cut the crap and let me in.”

“Hai!!...”, the startled knight opened the doors hastily.

I have to control myself...If it is the throne room, the prime minister will be here.

A couple of similar thoughts later, I made my way into the throne room. As I thought, the prime minister was here, and

The kids? What’s happening?

“Greetings, Empress Camilla. It has been a long time, Prime minister Landon Hastings”

The Empress nodded her head with a gentle smile on her face.

Seeing her now, nobody could have remotely imagined her being intimidated by a ten-year-old.

“It does have been a long time, your highness.”

This man, Landon Haddington, despite his age, he is not only the Prime Minister of the Empire but also holds the position “Duke of Hastings”.

He holds power second only to the Emperor and the Empress. If I am gonna have to be successful, I shouldn’t get on the bad side of this man.

“So, what am I needed for?”

Eh?

All their faces turned dark at my question. 

“Is something wrong?”, I got no response again.

I looked at Sebastian for help, but he shook his head sideways. He too doesn’t have a clue of what’s going on.

The Emperor then opened his mouth,

“Arthur, I want you to give up the position of the Crown Prince.”

Hmmm...

117