Idle Talk – Landon
3.3k 15 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If I had to name two of my biggest mistakes in life, it would surely be stripping Arthur of his position and letting Fiona and William get engaged.

William...that bastard, it’s fine if he is neglecting Fiona...but he is also courting another girl.

Fiona, on the other hand, didn’t get angry. She made everything seem to be natural. I even thought she would reprimand Lily. But all she did was give out a few warnings and left them in their own world.

As of now, her full concentration is involved in developing Luxica.

Luxica…

The company has been neither facing profit nor a loss for the past few months. I know someone is embezzling money. But the evidence is what I lack.

“Father!!!”

“I’m in the office.”

Today, I arranged a meeting between Fiona and Duk Arthur. I hope everything went well.

Fiona came into the room and…

*slam*

With her hand on the table, she spoke a single sentence.

“Everything. About. Duke. Arthur. NOW!!”

Huh??...was the meeting a success? Did Fiona, the girl who doesn’t spare a glance at boys, ask about Arthur? God, if you are up there-

“Father! You can pray later, right now I need information about Duke Arthur. All his connections with the outside world, how he got his Duchy. Everything!”

Eh?...why is she speaking like a businesswoman? Where is the maiden I hoped for?!?

“Wh...Why do you need those, Fiona?”

“Look at these.”, she said as she handed out few documents.

“What are the- No way!”

The documents that Fiona handed over had signatures of Marquis Clifford, Count Byron, and Count Capell.

“These were handed to me by Duke Arthur. He informed me that these three were embezzling money from Luxica.”

It’s true...these documents contained the information I wanted.

“But...How did he get these?”

“That’s exactly what I want to know!”, exclaimed Fiona.

Arthur...he was always a scary kid. Seeing past what laid in front is his specialty.

“He also knew about our company’s condition!”

“What?!? This is crazy…”

Fiona tumbled down into the chair with no energy, “Father, I am gonna snatch all the money those three have.”

“Uh-uh, We will do it.”

“Haahh~~ I thought I read Duke Arthur easily but-”

“Haha~ I know. In the end, we always get played by him.”

“And to think that he is younger than me. Additionally, the rumors around him couldn’t be any more of the mark. Incompetent? Spineless? I don’t see any of that on him"

OHH!! Listen up people...my little Fiona is finally praising a boy!!

“I will have all the information we know about him to you by tomorrow morning. So, apart from that how was he?”

“Hmm...He certainly was tall and beautiful. No...he was handsome with sharp features. If William had a soothing aura, Arthur would be like the devil. But-”

“But?”

“It was was too easy to read him.”

“Easy?”

“Yep...I even played with him until he pleaded me to stop.”, Fiona chuckled

I can’t really imagine that boy pleading. Good job, Daughter!! You did something your father failed to do.

“So, how did the deal go with him?”

“Normal...I barely got 10% of the tariffs. I couldn’t do anything after he pulled the documents out. It doesn’t really matter though.”

“I see... Whom will you be sending to Ellen after the deal has been placed? Send someone trustwo-”

Before I could even finish, Fiona pointed to herself

“What?!? Why are you going?”

Don’t tell me... is she interested in him?

“I noticed that I am lacking insight into territory management. Our territory has already been established. I want to see Duke Arthur does his.”

Is there nothing but business in these abnormal children’s heads??

*sigh*

“Are you going to be attending the graduation ceremony? I understand if you want to skip..”

“No~ I am going with Duke Arthur”, Fiona flashed me an innocent smile.

“And he accepted?”

“I don’t know. But he will be coming.”

YEA~~ Finally things are moving in the right direction.

“But why Arthur, Fiona?”

Please tell me it is because you are interested in him.

“William hates Duke Arthur, right? I just can’t wait to see his face on that day.”, Fiona squealed with delight.

*sigh*

Of course, what did I expect? Oh at the same time…

“Fiona, do you know what happened at the palace today?”, she has to know this.

“Hmm? Did something happen?”

“While I was returning home, Lady Hazel informed me that Lily was almost thrown outside of the palace.”

“Seriously? Even with William around?”

“Yeah. It seems that Lily cried after getting the cold shoulder from Duke Arthur and the four idiots wanted Duke Arthur to apologize to her.”

“And?”, she asked with curiosity.

“Of course, Arthur being Arthur, used the lack of Permit for Entry to threaten them.”

“Hahaha~~ Serves them right…*murmur* but what’s up with Arthur? Wasn’t he supposed to be completely infatuated with Lily? Did I change something?*murmur* "

“Did you say something?”

“Nope.”

“Anyways, when are you going to send the documents to Duke Arth-”

*KABOOM*

Just as the sound ended, the ground shook. It was short but powerful enough to knock all the glasses over in the bar beside us.

“Wh…What was that? An Earthquake?”, I shouted to the guards outside.

“No, Father. Earthquake doesn’t happen like this”, Fiona spoke with a serious expression.

And how would she know how the Earthquake happens?

“Duke Landon!!”, one of the guards came bursting into the room.

“What happened?!”

“A huge explosion happened in one of the alleys!!!”

117