B1 — 17. Fury
205 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kara sat across from Delra, the Vice-President and Colin, the Orange Prime; she frowned at a few reports Delra had given her. “Of course, Augnecia is planning on pushing the Roxium site.  I told you it would happen when all the Primes are gathering here … you didn’t think you could keep a lid on it, did you?  You thought one General could take the place of a Prime...” Kara asked in disgust.

Delra shrugged.  “Absolutely not, but we hoped it would at least keep them at bay for a bit.  If things continue as they are, we’ll have to spread a rumor that one of you are going down there to keep up appearances.”

“How stupid do you think the Deities are?”  Colin asked. “Trying to use the Primes gathering as a means to smoke out the moles is stupid and all of us gathering is stupid.  They already expected it and with your track record there’s a pattern.”

Kara shrugged.  “True, Colin, but it could be a big win for us if we use that against them."

“Tenzen would never allow it,” Colin scoffed.

Leaning back, Kara sighed.  “He won’t, would he. He has that vision of all the Primes being together … the Rainbow Convergence.”  Her voice laced with disdain. She folded her arms. “I have several of my own faction at the site. I don’t want them to be wiped out by the elite Bravert force Augnecia is sending … all it would take is to seed the information that we’re going down there.  They’d likely think it’s a bluff, one of us shows up and decimates the squad. There’s no downside except that it interferes with Tenzen’s vision...”

“What do you expect?”  Delra asked with a shrug.  “Tenzen has wanted a stage like this for years.  When you’re as powerful as he is, why care about the Roxium site when he knows Deity control will only be temporary.  He doesn’t care about the lives there, they’re expendable when he has dozens of more ants to take their place.”

“This is a disaster waiting to happen…”  Colin sighed. “What does he think will happen when he gets all the Primes together?  We’ll all tell funny stories? There hasn’t been a large scale gathering since…” His eyes appraised her.

“I think, thank you, is what you’re going to say,” Kara smirked, but it faded as her passive information mining fed back alarming information.  Her nose twisted in fury as her eyes began to darken, the curse enhancing her base emotions. “That maggot!” She screeched.

Colin’s brow lifted, an appraising gleam lit his eyes.  “Oh, Phantasm messing with you again?”

The Vice-President stayed silent as she dashed out of the room, lightning birthed around her as she used electromagnetism to jet down the halls.  Reception expanding greatly, she found what she was looking for through the digital information she received, she saw the recordings at the same time as the three-dimensional image of the entire base.  Remotely cutting the power to the torture device, she flashed down halls at a blinding speed, most only noticing the whirlwind she left in her wake.

Making it to the torture room within a minute, she ripped the door apart to reveal a shocked Ventre and several of his staff.  Suspended from a device, solely designed to torture espers, hung Helena. Kara gulped reflexively as she saw the state of horror she was in, but something else caught her attention as she’d moved here ... Ventre’s current action.

“Why,” her curse was taking over, she could feel the seething hatred burning within her, “why—is your belt…”

One of Ventre’s men cried out.  “Kara, please, I had nothing…” He stepped forward and the lightning around her struck.  A sharp and blinding flash lit the area as it struck the man, the energy throwing him back into the hallway, now a burning lump of smoldering flesh.  The men and women screamed as the tried to make it to the door, but they didn’t get a foot before arcs of lightning shot from around her, leaving holes in their chests.

“Tell me—why is your belt…”  She couldn’t finish the sentence, a tear sliding down her cheek.  

“Phant...” Ventre yelled.

Kara couldn’t see Ventre, all she saw was a nightmare that twisted her vision as the cursed memories returned.  She only vaguely knew what she was doing, doing to every nightmare before her, the fury she exacted.

The machines dismantle with her magnetic influence, breaking into fundamental pieces as they twisted and churned.  Helena dropped to the floor in a crumpled heap, the needles dislodging from her skin as she hit the tiled floor with a heavy thud.  The water falling into a large grate in the floor behind her. Kara’s face was a mask of wrath as she addressed Ventre, the nightmares before her.  “I’ll eradicate you ... body, mind, soul, history.”

The metal in the room twisted and thin steel wires entangled Ventre’s body, throwing and holding him against the opposite wall.  A large sheet slammed against the room’s door, blocking the exit. The wires held him completely straight against the wall, ribboning his body, only showing tiny threads of clothing.  It slowly shifted his body upside-down.

“Kara, pl...”

A metal slab twisted and closed around Ventre’s mouth, blocking any further words.  Kara’s enraged appearance didn’t shift in the slightest. “No Deity God, Reaper Devil...”  The wires constricted, but only slightly. “It’s hard to describe...” Kara said with ice embedded in each word.  Ventre’s head squirmed as his eyes bulged tears flowing down his cheeks. “It’s best I just show you.” The steel wires began sliding over Ventre’s hands and white skin shot backward as it was shaved away.  “If you hang a body upside down, they’ll stay conscious longer through pain. Interesting fact, don’t you remember?”

Kara’s hair was a tangling mess as it dancing above her head.  “I’ll shave your pathetic.” The wires picked up their pace with a whizzing sound of metal spinning through the air.  Blood started spitting back across the wall as threads dropped to the floor without further use, covered in crimson. Unable to scream, all Ventre could do was shake his head violently.

“Atrocious.”  The wires moved up to his wrists, pieces of sheared white bone mixing with the blood, meat, and muscle shooting backward.

“Arrogant.”  Extending to his forearm, the strands at his feet started.  His boot’s material spitting out as it moved down. The pressure slow and constant.

“Life from reality.”  The cords reached his elbows and ankles, blood started to slide down the wall as pieces of his body started sticking to the steel sheets.  Ventre’s eyelids fluttered as his head convulsed, nostrils flaring. Two steel plates hovered to Kara’s hands and she placed them over the two pieces, electricity sparking into it.  They started glowing orange as they heated.

“I’ll wipe you from every database on the planet.”  The steel lines disappeared around his knees as the last of his arm disappeared and the two steaming metal slabs slammed against his armless sockets, sizzling as they melded with his skin.  Small pools of blood started flowing down his front.

“Kill everyone you’ve ever known and if someone so much as utters your name, they’ll die.”  The strands passed his thighs and started moving back and forth across his stomach, clothes shaving off before the meat.

“I’ll wipe your abhorrent existence from the face of history.”  Blood started expelling from his midsection as the metal dug, creating a cavity.

“You won’t even be seen as an example.”  The metal strings constricted around his crotch and an explosion of blood exuded from between the threads.  “Die, knowing you will be forgotten, erased.”

Ventre died part way through.  Kara’s teeth ground together, shaking with wrath.   She seethed. “Feeble wretch.” White lightning traced itself around her and a colossal bolt of light engulfed Ventre’s whole body.  The thunders cacophony sounded with ear-piercing sharpness as the ground rumbled. When the light cleared all that was left was a smoldering ten foot blackened fissure and soft screams from further inside the building.

Kara was trembling violently as she stared at the hole in disgust for several seconds before steadying herself and glancing over at Helena, a heavy sigh close to her lips as she appraised her work.  The curse … I lost control again...

She looked over at the purple and bruised visage of Helena with compassion.  In a soft voice, she said. “Sleep, Helena. This time—get your strength back.  We’ll talk when you’re rested.” A small spark of energy traced its way from her open hand, snaked around Helena’s head to strike her spine and she fell limp.  Contacting Belesis, she told her what had happened and to get there as soon as possible.

7