Chapter 19 – Curiosity (1)
330 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rosette was looking around the magic tool store. Issac lingered around her in case she got lost again.

Issac didn’t believe Rosette when she claimed to not know the boy. It was painfully obvious there was a something going on when the two's gazes held surprise when they met.

Is it normal to be surprised to see a total stranger? No.

Issac purposefully feigned ignorance to see what actions Rosette would take when the reigns are loosened. And like he planned, she disappeared looking for the boy.

He silently followed Rosette from a distance.

Not being able to get close, he wasn't able to hear the ongoing conversation. But he observed from afar how his half-sister and the boy interacted.

‘They didn’t seem close, but both seem to know each other?’

According to the maids in the mansion, Rosette has never left the mansion. Issac then wondered how his secluded half-sister could have a connection with this boy in front of his eyes.

Whenever I feel like I finally have a good grasp of her character, she shows me a completely new side to herself.

What more are you hiding, sweet sister?

His thoughts ended, and he curiously stared at Rosette who was now looking at a product called ‘lamp’ powered by light mana stones with a sharp enthusiasm in her eyes. She was totally taken in by this magic tool.

It was expensive compared to candles which basically did the same function.

“HEEE- Expensive!!!" she exclaimed, as if she wasn't a Duke's daughter with massive amount of money to throw around. Making small mumblings, she mentally calculated the longterm profit and losses from buying a lamp. For example, candles are consumable products whereas a lamp may last up to a year with a small mana stone.

With a small sigh, she gave in to her inner shopaholic whisperings. "One for my study desk in library, one for my room. That’s it.”

She nodded to herself and held two lamps in her arms. She continued walking towards ‘small appliances’ aisle.

According to Issac's detective work, he had a vague grasp of how much allowance Rosette was allocated with. The Duke may be an ignorant and negligent father, but money was if anything the most abundant thing he had.

'Doing his duties as a father' for the Duke was basically giving the young Rosette enough money to keep her alive. Even if she didn't know how to make the best use of the money she received because she was a mere seven-year-old child, it was not a concern as he had 'done his part as a father'.

With that said, Rosette had more than enough money to power the whole mansion with lamps and light bulbs - rather, it wouldn’t even chip the amount of savings given to her budget. 

Instead, the girl was reluctant to spend large amounts of money, even bothering to haggle with some shop owners back when they were shopping for fruits.

‘She has a sense of money.’

It is common for children of noble houses to lose sense of money; not looking at the price tag before buying what they want. 

Let it be dresses, dolls or play toys - their wants come before the price and the ability to afford. Spoilt to the core, they will cry until they get what they want. And usually, they end up getting everything they want this way.

In this sense, Rosette was different.

Knowing Rosette who more-or-less locked herself in the mansion, Issac didn’t expect her to be this energetic going around the town. He was mentally prepared for her to be scared or timid when facing the unfamiliar surrounding.

In situations like these, Issac truly felt Rosette didn’t feel like a normal seven year old.
[A/N: Says a scheming eight-year-old kid]

He felt perplexed looking at Rosette who now happily carried a ‘portable electric fan’ in her hands. 

"Issac I'm done~ BIG HAUL BIG HAUL!!!"

 With a big satisfied grin, Rosette tottered towards the cashier with several appliances in her hands. A short exclamation escaped her lips when she accidentally dropped an insulated bottle. [A/N: A thermos]

Childish moments like these made him rethink his line of thoughts.


A/N:

Hello, Yam here. I'm here to wish Happy December to my readers~! 2020 feels like a long year and there certainly has been a lot of ups and downs since January.

For now, I have decided to reduce my update frequencies to one chapter per week (it will be updated every Tuesday) because my exams are fast approaching and my pile of unfinished work is slowly building up... It just stares at me silently as it grows until I'm covered in cold sweat. Sorry for this extremely short chapter, but the next chapter is considerably longer to make up for it.

Ah right, I also have another story uploaded (shameless plug) and I gave Rosette and Issac some cameo roles in there hahahah. If anyone happens to read it, please know that's not a spoiler/hint... and I'm not smart enough to send cryptic messages to decode. I was just too lazy to come up with more character names lol.

16