Chapter 81 – Feelings of the Heart
5.1k 10 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Wyvern arrived instantly in front of her, piercing her body with its claws.

Slash!

The cut never reached Yun Mengxin.

Yun Mengxin witnessed a sword splitting the demon beast in half, like a tofu.

And then, she saw him.

The person who had unconsciously longed for him to appear, to save her.

The man who had managed to move her heart.

He was there, standing in front of her, after having killed that demon beast.

BADUMP!

Her heart was beating again intensely, as if this were the most wonderful thing that had ever happened to her.

Ling Tian watched Yun Mengxin weakly. A slight indifference radiated from his face. No one knew what was going on in his head.

The moment Ling Tian went to a specific place his instincts told him, he flew quickly over his sword.

On the way, he unconsciously released his spiritual sense to scan his surroundings and surprisingly found himself in such a situation.

Ling Tian witnessed how Yun Mengxin was being chased by a Wyvern who was in the Sixth Stage of Chi Gathering. Yun Mengxin was only in the Fifth Stage, so it was obvious that she was at a disadvantage against such a demonic beast.

Ling Tian had only hesitated for a moment, as his instincts told him that he had to go quickly to the place they were prompting him, so when he observed Yun Mengxin's dangerous situation, he hesitated for a second.

Ling Tian had apologized, but it was not an apology to Yun Mengxin; it was an apology to himself.

He was sure that where he was going, there was something waiting for him. He did not know what that was, but he was sure that it would help him a great deal in his current situation...

Most likely, he could lift his heavenly seal, making all his cultivation return...

Ling Tian could have sent his sword to kill the Wyvern but, the moment he decided to help Yun Mengxin to save her from her inevitable death, the call to his soul disappeared completely.

With no other choice, Ling Tian flew quickly to where Yun Mengxin was, as she was far away from where he was. His reach of spiritual sense, for some strange reason, had always been much stronger than any common cultivator in his respective scenario.

By the time he arrived, the Wyvern was less than a meter away from reaching Yun Mengxin, so he cut that demon beast in half, without giving it a chance to live any longer.

That is why, at this moment, Ling Tian kept looking weakly at Yun Mengxin, because he lost the opportunity to get something that would help him in his current situation.

Yun Mengxin looked at his expressionless face, his indifferent look and somehow, she felt bad, as if she had done something wrong and therefore, she disappointed him. Yun Mengxin could not help but feel a pain in her heart.

Ling Tian observed her reaction and said nothing. He slowly closed his eyes as he lifted his head.

'Haah. I shouldn't bother with her, this wasn't her fault... This was my own decision, so my exasperation should be directed at myself. If the same situation arose again and she was in danger, I would certainly still choose to help her...'

Ling Tian thought for a few seconds, when he put his discomfort aside. He couldn't blame Yun Mengxin. He knew she was weaker than the demon beast, so no doubt she would die if he did not help her.

Ling Tian's indifference left when an impassivity returned to him, not allowing the frustration to show.

Ling Tian opened his eyes and looked up at Yun Mengxin.

Yun Mengxin saw his eyes, and she no longer saw any hint of indifference or discomfort. In his eyes she could find softness and concern.

"Hm!"

Yun Mengxin wanted to say something, but suddenly, pain tormented her when the cold invaded her.

Ling Tian noticed her condition and quickly went to treat her, carrying her slim body and walking along the side of a river that was a few steps away from them, because where they were, the place was a mess.

Ling Tian stopped at the edge of a large lake, which seemed to be flowing in another direction. A somewhat massive waterfall could be seen clearly, as its water fell into the lake, generating a strangely soothing sound.

Yun Mengxin felt that the cold intensified even more over time. Every second it seemed as if she would freeze to death.

Ling Tian pulled a blanket from his space ring and placed it on the ground, laying Yun Mengxin on it.

He understood that this woman must have used her inner strength, and as she had not yet stepped on the path of cultivation, therefore, the cold returned to her body, exerting more pain and coldness.

Yun Mengxin's clothes were somewhat torn, due to the fight against the Wyvern, but Ling Tian did not care. The most important thing now was to stabilize the cold in her body.

Ling Tian released his spiritual sense and confirmed that strangely, there was no demonic beast nearby, not even one within reach of his spiritual sense.

"Hey! Don't be overcome by the cold! I know it's much stronger than before, but you must endure it!" Ling Tian tried to keep Yun Mengxin from giving up and falling unconscious.

Yun Mengxin listened to Ling Tian and she still tried to resist the cold.

Ling Tian took a spiritual medicine pill and broke it into pieces. Immediately, he put it in her mouth and placed his fingers on her belly, above her navel.

Ling Tian knew that she was also injured by the impact of the Wyvern, so he first had to heal her inner wound.

Yun Mengxi's face blushed when she felt Ling Tian's hand on her belly, but she did not refuse it. The cold still came over her.

Ling Tian sent his immortal essence into her body, using her Dantian and meridians to exert the healing effect of the medicine pill on her body, healing her internal wounds.

He knew that she was doing her best to resist the cold in her body, so he could not help but look at her affectionately.

Yun Mengxin felt a small warmth that entered her body and expanded within her, but it was still not enough to calm the cold in her.

In less than three minutes, Yun Mengxin's internal wounds healed. Only the cold continued to strongly invade her body.

Ling Tian felt that Yun Mengxin's body was getting colder and colder.

In all this time, Yun Mengxin had never taken her eyes off Ling Tian. She watched his actions and his care. She could see in his eyes concern, love, pity, sympathy, understanding...

Ling Tian sent his immortal strength to stop the cold, but it did not stop.

What should he do?

Ling Tian knew that the best way to stop the cold, was for someone stronger to use their immortal essence and help her stop the cold, but, that did not work on her.

Is this it?

Ling Tian felt a peculiar sensation in the cold of Yun Mengxin.

Ling Tian tried to see if he could send some of his own internal heat and mix it with his immortal essence to stop Yun Mengxin's cold.

Groaning

Yun Mengxin groaned as she felt a very warm and comfortable sensation entering her, so unconsciously, she hugged Ling Tian tightly, wanting to quench the cold in her body.

Ling Tian was slightly surprised by Yun Mengxin's action, but he did not lose his composure. His hand still held Yun Mengxin's belly, trying to calm the cold in her.

Yun Mengxin's mind cleared suddenly, her face was red from not believing she had done such a thing, so she immediately stopped hugging Ling Tian and retracted her hands, letting him continue to heal her.

BADUMP!

BADUMP!

Yun Mengxin did not know that her actions gave Ling Tian a beautiful sight, making his heart beat strongly.

'Is there really no one you like?'

That question came back to his mind.

Ling Tian looked at Yun Mengxin's beautiful face. Standing so close, several centimeters apart, he could clearly see her perfect face, her beautiful eyes, her delicate nose, her fine, exquisite lips...

Advancing slowly, Ling Tian moved his lips forward and connected with the succulent lips of Yun Mengxin.

95