Chapter 130 – Demon Beasts at the Tang Family Residence
3.8k 2 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm really recovering. I feel stronger than I could even face more than ten demon beasts without getting tired." Tang Zhi spoke as she finished drinking the medicinal liquid and settled down on the bed. Her mind could not help but remember that young man who gave her a new life, returning to be with her family.

"Mom, I'm so glad you're recovering." Tang Wanying spoke with tears in her eyes as she watched her mother become healthier over time.

Tang Zhi's body, once thin, was now more nourished and looked strong. The dry hair was now very moisturized and long. Her face returned to her original skin color, even making it shine a little more. Her strength had returned and she could now walk normally and even run for a long time.

Although it had been several days, Tang Zhi's body had managed to recover almost completely, although there were still some traces of discomfort in it.

Tang Zhi found that every time she drank the medicinal liquid, her inner strength seemed to grow more, so she never stopped taking the medicinal liquids Ling Tian had made for her.

"Little Shuiruo decided to go with the others?" Tang Zhi asked about Mu Shuiruo.

They had already received the news that Mu Shuiruo would go with the group and some Tang family guards would be watching her in case she was in danger.

"Mmm. My brother warned me that Sister Shuiruo would go with them to learn how to fight." Tang Wanying emphasized what she had heard.

"My little girl, although I don't want you to go through any danger, the day might come when you have to fight. Why didn't you take advantage of little Shuiruo's going to be you too? I'm sure your daddy, your brother and even your grandpa would take care of you so nothing bad would happen to you." Tang Zhi told Tang Wanying what she thought. The danger always existed today, so she wanted her daughter to have experience in battle in case bad things happened.

"I thought about it, Mom, but I didn't want to leave you alone, so I decided to stay and take care of you." Tang Wanying confessed what she had thought before.

"My girl, although I'm happy to have such loving children, I want you to think of yourself too. I am already better, and in any case, Tang Nan could assist me in whatever I need. Also, you have to think about your future, you won't be able to be with your mother once you get married and have your children." Tang Zhi smiled slyly when she said the last thing.

Tang Wanying's complexion blushed as she heard what her mother had said. Her mind could not help but recall a certain figure.

"M-mom, Sister Shuiruo is already a Great Heaven rank!" Tang Wanying spoke with a stutter, wanting to change the subject.

Tang Zhi smiled even more when she saw her daughter's nervousness, but decided not to bother her anymore: "Really? Little Shuiruo is already so strong now?"

"Yes. My brother told me that she had taken a high level heavenly elixir, so her martial arts power shot up and she managed to reach the rank of Great Heaven." Tang Wanying breathed a sigh when her mother didn't follow through with the previous theme: "Sister Shuiruo is amazing, she even surpassed me in martial arts power."

Tang Wanying was happy for Mu Shuiruo.

Tang Wanying's power was currently a 3-star Heaven rank, so she could be promoted to the Great Heaven rank at any time.

Due to her mother's 'illness', Tang Wanying stopped training and devoted herself mostly to taking care of her mother, so her power was stuck in the 1-star Heaven rank.

Now that her mother had fully recovered, she resumed her training and these days she managed to climb to the 3 stars of her respective rank. Tang Wanying believed that in one or two more days she could enter into the Great Heaven rank.

Tang Wanying had previously gone out with her father and brother to face the demon beasts, so she had some experience in combat.

"It seems little Shuiruo is a genius in the martial arts as well, who knew?" Tang Zhi smiled happily for Mu Shuiruo.

"Once I am recovered, the three of us could go on a trip out of the city together. Then I could teach you some of my moves when facing the demon beasts as well." Tang Zhi spoke again.

Before she fell ill, Tang Zhi's inner martial arts power was in the 3-star King rank. Because she was poisoned, her internal power served as a buffer to prevent the rapid and complete development of the poison, and she was able to hold out much longer in exchange for losing her internal power.

Now her martial arts power had largely recovered and she was in the rank of 1-star Great Heaven. Tang Zhi believed that once she was completely healed, her power would return to the King rank again.

She felt that she could even enter into the Emperor rank!

Tang Zhi was also very skilled at dealing with demon beasts, being far superior to those of her own generation.

Tang Wanying nodded with a happy smile. Her wish was that her mother would make a full recovery.

Boom!

An explosion was heard nearby.

"What happened?!"

Tang Wanying and Tang Zhi were startled and stopped immediately.

Bang!

The door opened suddenly while Tang Nan ran in.

"There are demon beasts near here!"

Tang Nan shouted out clearly what was happening, leaving mother and daughter speechless.

Demon beasts within the city?

Close to where they were?

Tang Nan rushed to support Tang Zhi to run, although Tang Zhi said that there was no need for Tang Nan to still help her.

"The guards are fighting the demon beasts, although most of the demon beasts are in the Black rank, there are quite a few!" Tang Nan reported as they left the room.

Tang Zhi and Tang Wanying were surprised that there were many demon beasts suddenly within the city, and more precisely near the residence of their families.

Once the three people came out and looked out of the house, they were stunned.

More than 30 demon beasts were in front of the Tang family's house, while the guards tried to repel them.

Strangely, there were only a few beasts in the Heaven rank, but most were below that level, mostly between the Silver and Black ranks. Less than ten were of Bronze rank.

Because many guards and martial artists went out with the others, there were only less than 10 martial artists, including Tang Zhi, Tang Wanying and Tang Nan.

The other people were not martial artists, so they were ordinary people without any strength.

Tang Zhi frowned and did not understand why the demon beasts had suddenly appeared within the city, but she had to leave that for later as the demon beasts became more enraged.

"We will have to fight to finish them off. Good thing none of them are in the Great Heaven rank, so it'll be easy to wipe out all those demon beasts." Tang Zhi talked seriously.

Tang Wanying and Tang Nan nodded to what she said while Tang Nan quickly went to find weapons for them.

Tang Nan could only get swords, so they did not have much choice in choosing weapons.

Tang Zhi would fight as well even if she did not fully recover.

If they allowed the demon beasts to survive, they would die as they were outnumbered and the place would be a mess.

Tang Wanying and Tang Zhi tightened their swords while slowly approaching the demon beasts.

66