Chapter 140 – Courageously Facing Danger
4k 7 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

GROAR!

The demon beast roared fiercely, completely scaring everyone on the battlefield.

All the martial artists felt chills as the roar entered their bodies, making them tremble. Fear reigned in the place.

Long Cheng, as well as Long Heng and Tang Nu, and three other Emperor ranks who were the strongest in the place, were completely wounded and could not stand. All their forces were completely drained as they tried to eliminate the demon horde.

The other martial artists were below the King rank.

The demon beast began to slowly approach the group of Tang Jingtian and Mu Shen, completely frightening those nearby.

In an instant, the beast suddenly changed direction and began to kill a large group of martial artists who were running desperately who were also close.

Its speed surprised everyone when it quickly reached this group and killed them instantly. Some martial artists who were of King rank unfortunately died instantly.

The last people who joined Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian's group were completely filled with fear. They were closer to the demon beast

"We must fight! Neither the Lord of the City nor the Emperor ranks can continue!" Mu Shen shouted in a slightly trembling but brave voice, not hesitating to run.

If they ran, the demon beast would kill everyone else nearby or chase them. It would only prolong their suffering. Besides, his sister Mu Shuiruo, as well as Tang Jingtian, Long Yuyin, and his beloved Hu Wenxin, were tired as well. He couldn't abandon them.

Tang Jingtian felt the same way, not hesitating to abandon the people he knew.

Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian did not hesitate to protect the people who remained, as they were all tired. However, the people they had protected did not take Mu Shen's request seriously and fled, leaving only 10 people in the place.

Eight men fled, followed by two women. They ran as fast as they could without turning back.

Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian were a little disappointed, but then they understood it on the other side too.

In the face of imminent death, each would seek their own survival. It would not be surprising if everyone abandoned even those they were close to.

"Wenxin! Take my sister and escape! Brother Jingtian and I will face the demon beast!" Mu Shen ordered them to leave as they watched the demon beast quickly approach them. He wanted Mu Shuiruo and Hu Wenxin to be safe.

Tang Jingtian nodded to what Mu Shen said without hesitation as he turned to see Long Yuyin: "Sister Yuyin, if you can't fight anymore, you can go with Sister Shuiruo and the others. We'll try to contain the demon beast!"

Long Yuyin had begun to get along with Tang Jingtian and Mu Shen these days, so she did not bother to be called a sister. The two of them were Ling Tian's brothers, so she would try to get along with them too. However, she was still ignoring the other men who approached her.

Long Yuyin stood heavy and prepared. She approached Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian as she held her daggers tightly.

The three did not know if Ling Tian would appear. He could be dealing with some strong demon beast, so it would not be unusual for him not to arrive now. He might even be helping the other family groups.

"Mu Shen! I won't abandon you! I'd rather die with you!" Hu Wenxin, who was Mu Shen's beloved, came over and took his hand: "Besides, you saved me again! I wouldn't abandon you now! You even saved my sisters Xie and Ling'er!"

Both women behind Hu Wenxin nodded without hesitation at what she said, looking appreciatively at Mu Shen. They would have almost died if it had not been for Mu Shen who helped them.

Mu Shen was moved to hear the words of Hu Wenxin. He truly had a woman who loved him and would rather die beside him than escape. Every man would feel immense love for someone who loves them equally.

Similarly, just when Tang Jingtian wanted to talk, a woman behind him came up to him and took his hand: "I won't leave you either! Big brother Jingtian saved me too! Besides, big brother didn't ask me to be his lover! If I'm going to die, I'd rather die with the man I love!"

"Qing'er..." Tang Jingtian muttered at the sight of Yu Qing's determined expression and the blush on her pale, battle-weary face. She was the woman he liked and had begun to relate more deeply to her these days.

Though Yu Qing's eyes showed fear and dread, one could still see a look of determination without any trace of falsity. She was serious about not abandoning them as well. The blush covered her face because at this point she was expressing her feelings.

"The young master saved us!"

"So we can't be bad people and leave him in times of need!"

"We and Sister Qing'er won't run away either!"

The two women behind Yu Qing told Tang Jingtian, as their bodies shook with fear, but they did not hesitate to stay.

Tang Jingtian was surprised by this, so he couldn't help but hold Yu Qing's hand tightly, trying to make her feel safe: "How can I die if I haven't become your man yet? We'll kill this demon beast and get out of this!"

Tang Jingtian promised Yu Qing as he boldly stole a quick kiss and then took his sword.

Yu Qing blushed completely.

Long Yuyin saw this and was envious of Yu Qing. At this time she wanted to relate to Ling Tian in this way too.

Mu Shuiruo wanted to help, but she knew her limits, so she could not help now. The only solution was not to hinder her two brothers and sister Yuyin.

"Don't interfere anyway!"

"If you can run, go!"

However, both Tang Jingtian and Mu Shen decided it was better for them to leave. They didn't want them to get hurt by being around.

Long Yuyin, Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian, were the only Great Heaven ranks in the group.

ROAR!

The demon beast roared fiercely and charged in their direction.

The Lord of the City, as well as the patriarch of the Tang family, were worried to see where the demon beast was heading.

Seeing that the women behind them did not wish to move either, the three advanced toward the demon beast to leave the girls out of the fight.

Clank!

Mu Shen barely managed to block the attack with his sword, preventing the claws on the front paw almost from piercing his chest.

Long Yuyin played with her daggers and quickly tore the skin of the demon beast, managing to create a few small wounds in it.

The demon beast roared in anger and used its tails to attack.

Clank!

Clank!

Clank!

Tang Jingtian managed to block two double-tailed attacks with his sword. Mu Shen reacted quickly and also managed to block a tail strike on its way to Long Yuyin. The demon beast had only used 3 of its 5 tails to attack.

GROAR!

The demon beast moved its claws in the direction of Long Yuyin.

Long Yuyin quickly positioned both daggers to defend herself, taking the full impact heavily.

However, all three were sent flying by the enormous force exerted by the demon beast.

The martial artists were surprised to see these three. They knew that all three were Great Heaven ranks! And yet they managed to defend themselves completely from a demon beast that easily killed several King ranks in a few seconds!

The one-day training with Ling Tian allowed them to learn more, as well as to react in time and make decisions on the spot. Their experience in battle was somewhat sharpened, so they could barely hold out against this demonic beast.

Long Yuyin, Tang Jingtian, and Mu Shen tried to get up quickly with their bodies aching. They gasped heavily as they tried to keep their balance.

The three quickly looked into each other's eyes and nodded in understanding.

They knew that with their current strength they could not do much damage to this demon beast, so now they would execute the technique Ling Tian taught them.

Until now they had not used it due to the fact that the sequel would make them very tired to the point of not being able to move for a long time but, looking at the current situation, it was the right time.

The three of them started to execute the technique "Celestial Energy Mastery".

67