Chapter 152 – The Desperate Escape of Tang Wanying
3.8k 9 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roar!

A fierce roar alerted Tang Wanying to jump aside.

Crunch

A demon beast in the Great Heaven rank had opened its enormous mouth and threw a bite at where Tang Wanying had been a few moments ago.

Splat

"Mn!" Tang Wanying groaned in some pain when she hit a wall to avoid being bitten by the demon beast.

However, she continued to run, attracting the demon beasts.

Tang Wanying did not know what to do, she only planned to run until she could run no more, hoping to keep the demon beasts away from her mother, her aunt, and Lan Yin so that they would be safe.

She knew what she was doing was suicide. But she would choose to sacrifice herself for her own family if she had to.

Tang Wanying had the slightest hope that the martial artists would return quickly, and thus realize the demonic beasts within the city.

Tang Wanying was getting tired very quickly over time. The incessant attack and chase of the demon beasts put a lot of pressure on her.

"Ming Zeng! You're really despicable!" Tang Wanying shouted in anger when she turned to look behind her and saw Ming Zeng, who was chasing her behind the demon beasts as well.

Tang Wanying had the feeling that Ming Zeng's attack was not to kill them, but perhaps to capture them.

'The Ming family would most likely want to hold us hostage and accept their conditions, at least my father would surrender if we were captured. But if I were to surrender now, I would most likely be killed by the demon beasts...' Tang Wanying thought while she continued to run with all her energy, jumping over small walls and entering narrow places where the demon beasts would find it difficult to move as long as she could gain time and get as far away as possible.

Ting!

Ting!

Ting!

Ting!

The rumbling sound of bells rang throughout the Star City, indicating that people were taking refuge in their basements.

"If you stop running the demon beasts will not do anything to you anymore! I promise!" Ming Zeng shouted from afar. He was getting tired of running just to capture Tang Wanying.

"You're so despicable that you even wanted to kill a little girl! Your promises are worthless!" Tang Wanying responded in response when she remembered that Ming Zeng wanted to kill Lan Yin, so the disgust and hatred passed over her face when she saw Ming Zeng.

"Surrender Wanying! I really won't do anything to you! But if you keep refusing, I'll make sure to enjoy your body once I capture you! I know that you are a pure and virgin woman yet!" Ming Zeng shouted from afar, as he was losing his patience when anger and exasperation began to manifest in him.

A sinister smile formed on his face when he thought of enjoying the body of a virgin woman like Tang Wanying.

Tang Wanying did not respond, as she continued running.

"Shit! Give up already!" Ming Zeng got angrier and angrier. His plan was starting to drag on more and more.

He was the one who had been controlling the demon beasts on his own, with the aim of capturing Tang Wanying and her mother, and then using them as hostages and making the others surrender.

Ming Zeng knew that the Tang patriarch would do anything not to have his family killed, so he would threaten them and ensure control over the Star City.

So once he arrived in the city, he quickly went to his family's area and began to control 15 demonic beasts, which was the limit he could control on his own.

Then he went to the Tang family's residence without wasting any time. Ming Zeng felt that it would be easy to capture both women, as they had fought before and were sure to be hurt and tired.

And especially with the certainty that this guy in the Divine rank would not be in the Star City, Ming Zeng thought that there would be no problem, as Ling Tian would be out of the city helping the other families, which was the safest thing to do.

However, Ming Zeng did not know that there was a small variable that could jeopardize his plan, so when he noticed that a small girl was easily killing the demon beasts with one or two cuts from her sword, Ming Zeng became enraged and thought that he should get rid of the girl first.

Ming Zeng knew that the girl could only kill the demon beasts thanks to the sharp sword she had, so without hesitation, Ming Zeng decided to hurry things up and take care of the girl, so that he could take the sword away from her.

Although his sword broke when it came into contact with the other sword, Ming Zeng still managed to hit that girl and steal her sword. Ming Zeng was pleased to have such a sharp sword, even though it was slightly shorter than his own swords.

However, Ming Zeng still felt that faint chill running through his body, making him tremble with fear.

Ming Zeng shook his head to get rid of the bad feeling and tried to capture Tang Wanying.

Gasp

Tang Wanying was already reaching her limits.

In all this time, Tang Wanying was able to harm several demon beasts when she had a chance. She even managed to miraculously kill two demon beasts.

There were only 6 demon beasts left.

"Keep still!"

A hooded man suddenly appeared several meters in front of the road where Tang Wanying was running.

Tang Wanying was startled and changed her direction to the side, surprisingly eluding the onslaught of a demon beast that she had not noticed.

Plop!

Tang Wanying lost her balance and fell heavily to the ground.

However, Tang Wanying rose quickly, despite being completely exhausted and with much pain in her body.

Tang Wanying continued running towards another exit, only to find another man with a similar hood at the end of the path, preventing her escape.

ROAR!

A demon beast roared at her and showed its great fangs.

Slash!

Crack!

Tang Wanying hit the head of the demon beast hard with her sword, managing to kill it, but unfortunately, her sword broke.

The five remaining demon beasts stopped around her, while Ming Zeng and the hooded men approached her.

The demon beasts were greatly disturbed, as they continued to roar fiercely.

"I told you Wanying. It is your fault for continuing to run. Now you will face the consequences of defying me!" Ming Zeng smiled sinisterly as he looked at the sensuous form of Tang Wanying's body.

Tang Wanying gasped heavily while she looked around.

"In your dreams! I'd rather die than have you sully me!" Tang Wanying shouted with fury at the sight of Ming Zeng. She'd rather kill herself than let this guy rape her.

ROAR!

The demon beasts roared more often.

"Damn it! Help me control these damn things!" Ming Zeng ordered the hooded men, as he tried to pull out some papers with patterns inscribed on them.

"Yes!" The hooded men began to infuse their inner energy into the talismans in order to appease the demonic beasts.

Ming Zeng ran to capture Tang Wanying. A sinister smile could be seen on his face.

Tang Wanying was already prepared, so to see Ming Zeng's action she took the handle of her broken sword and threw it towards the nearest demon beast.

Although she could kill herself with the remaining edge of the blade, Tang Wanying knew that there were techniques that could keep her life safe, so she decided to die in the claws of the demon beasts instead. That way, she would die instantly and not suffer at the hands of other bastards.

ROAR!

The demon beast was more upset when it felt the blow of the sword, so it rebelled against the orders of those who were controlling it. The demon beast charged at Tang Wanying.

Tang Wanying had noticed that over time, the demon beasts seemed to get more out of control, so she thought that Ming Zeng was losing control.

BAM!

PUM!

"Courgh!"

The demon beast struck Tang Wanying's body ferociously, sending her flying and hitting a small wall nearby.

Tang Wanying spat out blood while she tried to recover her breath.

Tang Wanying felt her body break into a thousand pieces. She had never suffered in such a way.

ROAR!

Fwoosh

The demon beast roared again and made its way toward Tang Wanying, revealing its enormous fauces with the intention of biting her.

Tang Wanying opened her eyes with difficulty only to realize that the demon beast was heading towards her.

"Stop him!" Ming Zeng shouted angrily as he saw that his hostage would die.

"I'm so sorry..." Tang Wanying whispered weakly as she remembered her family and the people she knew. She felt a sadness at no longer being with them while she closed her eyes and waited for her death to come.

Swoosh!

BOOM!

The demon beasts exploded instantly, while the remaining shockwave sent Ming Zeng and the others flying, causing them to hit the nearby walls.

Ming Zeng barely managed to see a person appear in front of Tang Wanying, then extended his arms and carried her, disappearing from the place.

66