Chapter 154 – Inner Heart Confession (1)
3.7k 7 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uhm!"

A painful groan was heard.

Tang Wanying felt a lot of pain in her body. She clearly felt that someone was carrying her, so she felt afraid.

Tang Wanying was very afraid to open her eyes and see what she feared most. She would rather have died for those demon beasts than fall into the hands of those men.

"Don't worry, you're fine now."

A soft, familiar voice inexplicably soothed Tang Wanying's soul.

She knew that voice!

Opening her eyes fearfully and with some heaviness because she felt weak, Tang Wanying saw vaguely a figure before her eyes.

The figure became clearer and clearer until she saw the person who was carrying her.

"You..." Tang Wanying muttered in surprise, still with pain in her body.

The person who was carrying her was Ling Tian!

But how could it be him?

Wasn't he out on the battlefield helping others?

Putting those questions aside, Tang Wanying rejoiced that she had not fallen into the hands of Ming Zeng.

But soon, she felt shame at knowing the position she was being carried in.

Ling Tian was carrying her in his arms princess style!

Tang Wanying wanted him to lower her, but as she tried to move, the pain kept coming back.

"Do you want me to pull you down?" Ling Tian noticed her behavior and asked her.

Tang Wanying nodded weakly with what little strength she could muster.

Ling Tian smiled and moved Tang Wanying's body slightly so that she could take a good look around.

Tang Wanying was surprised when she saw that they were flying!

"Do you really want me to put you down now?" Ling Tian asked again with a playful smile.

Ling Tian was sitting on his sword, while he carried Tang Wanying's weak body in his arms.

However, Tang Wanying calmed down and became calm again as before. She did not even answer Ling Tian's question. Besides, she couldn't speak, even if she wanted to, because she was so hurt and tired.

Ling Tian smiled wryly as he took out a bottle from his space ring that contained medicinal liquid.

"Drink this, it will cure you right away." Ling Tian used his hand to position her white legs well over him and then, with his free hand, he brought the bottle containing the medicinal liquid to Tang Wanying's mouth, hoping that she would drink it.

Tang Wanying stared at him, not opening her lips to take the medicine.

Ling Tian rolled his eyes as he watched the cold look he kept getting from Tang Wanying even though she was in very bad shape.

"If you don't take it, I'll give it to you by mouth." Ling Tian threatened her with an evil smile.

Ling Tian wanted her to drink the medicinal liquid to heal her body, as he was very worried about her. He had already cleaned the blood from her mouth, so her internal and external wounds needed to be healed. If he did not heal her body, Tang Wanying might have hidden wounds later.

Though Tang Wanying's coldness increased further, Ling Tian could see an imperceptible blush appear on her beautiful face.

Finally, Tang Wanying opened her lips a bit, letting Ling Tian know that she would drink the medicinal liquid.

Ling Tian smiled triumphantly and began to gently give her the medicinal liquid.

Tang Wanying felt a comforting warmth all over her body soon after she had drunk the medicinal liquid.

Was it a spiritual elixir?

Tang Wanying could not help but wonder if Ling Tian had given her a spiritual elixir, as spiritual elixirs would be the only ones that could quickly heal one's body almost instantly.

After a few minutes, Tang Wanying felt much better.

"Thank you..." Tang Wanying whispered and avoided looking Ling Tian directly in the eyes.

"Um." Ling Tian nodded with a soft smile, but then shook his head and said, "But I'm the one who has to thank you."

Tang Wanying felt confused and turned to see Ling Tian.

Ling Tian was smiling tenderly at her, as if she were someone important to him. His gaze clearly showed a feeling of gratitude, with no falsehood in his eyes.

"I thank you for thinking of wanting to take risks, even to the point of wanting to sacrifice yourself to save others." Ling Tian gently said, "I know you thought of having the demon beasts chase you to save others, but, in doing so, you saved Yinyin too, for which I thank you with all my heart."

Ling Tia smiled honestly at Tang Wanying.

Ling Tian deduced from what he had vaguely heard Tang Zhi scream, that Tang Wanying had attracted the demon beasts to chase her, and thus save Lan Yin, Tang Zhi and Tang Nan.

He had expanded his spiritual sense and noticed that Tang Wanying had gone a long way, escaping the demon beasts and the guys who controlled them.

Now they were very far from the city centre and the Tang family residence, so it was a complete surprise to Ling Tian that Tang Wanying could endure so much and run such a long distance even though she was being chased by the demon beasts without being able to rest at any time.

Ling Tian was able to arrive in time to save Tan Wanying before the demon beasts killed her.

"Mmm, you don't have to..." Tang Wanying shook her head slightly and whispered.

Ling Tian smiled softly and shook his head slightly at the slight indifference Tang Wanying still showed towards him, but he did not bother with her.

Whoever saved someone in his family will have his respect and favor, therefore, Ling Tian would be completely grateful.

He had a trauma due to the killing of his family in the past, as well as the killing of some very close female friends who helped him a lot when he started on the path of cultivation, so now he didn't want to lose the people close to him.

"You may hate me, because I'm very clear that you don't like me, although the truth is, I don't know what I did to upset you, but... Yinyin is my family, so I would be depressed and crazy if anything happened to her." Ling Tian spoke again, making Tang Wanying look him in the eye: "You have my respect, my gratitude, and my favor, so if one day you need my help, and I am still around, I will help you in whatever way you want. That's a promise."

Ling Tian smiled politely at Tang Wanying.

Not everyone decides to take risks or even sacrifice themselves for the sake of others. Only good-hearted and honorable people would prefer to suffer and take on the pain of others, so that others may be at peace and ease.

Most people would prefer to save themselves even at the expense of others, no matter if they are people close to them or even their own blood relatives.

Ling Tian had witnessed this many times, so he was sure that Tang Wanying was not someone who was selfish and would even prefer to sacrifice her own happiness and life so that others would be fine.

Tang Wanying stared at Ling Tian's honest expression. Her heart began to beat strongly the more she saw him, and above all, she saw his sincere smile and eyes that captivated her soul.

Tang Wanying slowly raised her hand and gently caressed Ling Tian's cheek while she whispered: "I don't hate you..."

While saying that, Tang Wanying raised her head and slowly but boldly directed her exquisite lips to Ling Tian's lips, to finally kiss him.

67