Chapter 156 – Hang In There With All Your Might
3.8k 8 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The demon beasts pounced on the group, making everyone tense due to the pressure emitted by the same demon beasts.

Fwoosh

At that moment, an intense cold originated in the place and enveloped everyone in the group.

Crash!

Everyone, absolutely everyone, watched in shock as ice appeared under them and spread out as it enveloped them forming walls of ice around them.

Gasp

Yun Mengxin gasped heavily while sitting weakly on the floor. She was the one who had created all this ice to protect the group. Yun Mengxin did not yet have enough Chi energy to wrap the group as Ling Tian did to save them all by flying in the air, so she decided to create the blocks and walls of ice to protect herself.

However, Yun Mengxin had to use most of her energy to create these ice walls.

"Sister! Are you all right?!" Zhang Xinya asked with concern when she saw Yun Mengxin stagger. She knew that Yun Mengxin could form ice from nothing, so she was not surprised this time.

Mu Shuiruo and Long Yuyin were also worried when they saw Yun Mengxin's face was a little pale.

Yun Mengxin swallowed some spiritual power pills to regain her worn-out Chi.

The others who were not around to witness Yun Mengxin fight the final demon beast alone were surprised to see this phenomenon before their eyes.

Ming Xian, Ze Rum, Ze Yu and Ze Long, were surprised to observe this change of situation.

Ze Yu watched Yun Mengxin fervently. Somehow, he felt that these ice walls were made exclusively by the "Ice Goddess" herself.

Boom!

Bam!

Splat!

Crack!

Boom!

The demon beasts began ramming the ice walls, trying to break them down so they could reach their targets.

Some small cracks began to show.

The ice could not withstand so many incessant attacks by dozens of demon beasts.

Yun Mengxin knew that the ice she created could endure for quite some time, but she did not know approximately how long. There were dozens of demon beasts between the Sixth and Seventh Stages of Chi Gathering, which undoubtedly added tremendous attack weight. The other demonic beasts were below the Sixth Stage of Chi Gathering.

"We have to see the opportunity to endure somehow until Lord Ling comes. At least he could make us fly again so that no one dies, in case he couldn't fight all these demon beasts." Long Cheng spoke once he analyzed the situation. He knew the ice wouldn't last forever.

17 people were gathered, watching as the demon beasts struck and tried to destroy the walls of ice that protected them.

"We'll have to use that technique again." Tang Jingtian spoke.

"I think so. We should at least hang in until Brother Tian arrives." Mu Shen said as he watched the very crushing of the demon beasts trying to break the ice: "I hope it won't take long..."

The two of them knew the ice would break in a few minutes.

The only ones who could fight were:

Yun Mengxin, Zhang Xinya, Long Yuyin, Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian.

The Lord of the City, as well as the other patriarchs and ancestors of each great family, were still wounded and had not rested long enough to replenish all their previously spent inner energy.

They could fight with difficulty, but could barely stand against the demonic beasts in the Great Heaven rank despite that they were between the King and Emperor ranks.

Tang Zhi and Tang Nan were still recovering after running so much.

Tang Zhi was surprised to notice the different aura in her son, as if he had the capital to stand against all these demon beasts for a while.

"Big sister, will my Master come to help us?" Lan Yin asked Mu Shuiruo in a worried, sad voice.

"Of course, Yinyin." Mu Shuiruo smiled and hugged Lan Yin more tightly as she said softly, "The big brother went to rescue Sister Wanying."

Mu Shuiruo knew that Ling Tian had left Lan Yin with the Tang family, so she must have known Tang Wanying.

"Mm." Lan Yin nodded, "Big sister Wanying is very good to me too. I don't want anything bad to happen to her."

"You'll see that big brother will rescue her and then come to help us, don't worry Yinyin." Mu Shuiruo gently caressed the cheek of Lan Yin, gently treating the noticeable blow on her face to heal it.

"I do not want my Master to be angry with me for losing the sword he gave me." Lan Yin said again as a tear of sadness ran down her cheek. Ming Zeng had taken her sword, so she feared that Ling Tian would chide her for losing her sword.

"Big brother is not like that, he will never chide Yinyin." Mu Shuiruo tenderly embraced Lan Yin.

Yun Mengxin, who stood beside them while she tried to regain her energy, looked curiously at Lan Yin, who was the disciple of Ling Tian. She was surprised to see that Lan Yin was very pretty. Yun Mengxin knew that Lan Yin would grow into a very beautiful woman.

Crack

Crack

Crack

ROAR!

The cracks constantly expanded to the surrounding area as the demon beasts continued to attack.

"Brother Shen, you'll have to cover the back. I will cover the left side while Sister Yuyin will defend the right side." Tang Jingtian spoke, indicating the plan they had in mind.

Only the three of them could increase their striking power and hold out for a few seconds.

Yun Mengxin would be in charge of the front, as she was the strongest. Zhang Xinya would slay as many demon beasts as she could with her spear, helping to decrease the pressure on any of them

Crack

The cracks covered all the ice completely, indicating that the next attack horde would completely destroy the ice.

Tang Jingtian, Mu Shen and Long Yuyin did not wait for the ice to break and executed the special technique.

Their power shot up to the King rank at the top.

Again, they concentrated more and managed to get into the Emperor rank.

The others were astonished to see such an event, but quickly discarded those thoughts and concentrated on the current situation.

CRACK!

BOOM!

The ice walls broke and the demonic beasts began to enter.

ROAR!

"HA!"

Tang Jingtian and Mu Shen shouted loudly, as each tried to hold back two or three demon beasts at a time.

Long Yuyin likewise defended herself with her daggers, bearing the weight of the demon beasts that lunged at her, while Zhang Xinya quickly killed the demon beasts with her spear, forming an amazing team with Long Yuyin.

Slash!

Slash!

Slash!

Yun Mengxin cut and killed several demon beasts instantly, preventing them from getting through.

Yun Mengxin stayed close to Mu Shuiruo and Lan Yin, as Mu Shuiruo was looking after Lan Yin who didn't have her sword and was still tired.

ROAR!

The demon beasts began to pile up more towards them, as they killed each other to be the first to arrive.

"Shit!"

"Look out!"

"Dodge!"

Long Cheng and the patriarchs, along with their ancestors, moved about and tried to dodge the demonic beasts as much as they could with their present strength.

"Die!"

A hooded man managed to approach them, heading in the direction of Mu Shuiruo and Lan Yin.

Slash!

Yun Mengxin without hesitation, killed this man when she saw that he wanted to kill Mu Shuiruo and Lan Yin. She didn't care about killing anyone and kept scanning her surroundings for anything.

ROAR!

Several demon beasts in the Seventh Stage of Chi Gathering, and a demon beast in the Eighth Stage, came into range near them.

"NOW!"

Mu Shen screamed as he felt the pressure of the new demon beasts.

Tang Jingtian and Long Yuyin took their willpower to the limit, managing to reach the third stage of the great mastery of the technique "Celestial Energy Mastery" again.

Their power was now almost equivalent to the Legend rank!

The three of them faced the demonic beasts directly in the Seventh Stage of Chi Gathering.

Yun Mengxin directly confronted the demon beast in Eighth Stage of Chi Gathering.

"Shuiruo!"

An excited voice was heard clearly in between the battle, so they could not help but see quickly where Mu Shuiruo was.

Ze Long, who had not left and hid among the demon beasts, suddenly arrived next to Mu Shuiruo, as he tried to grab her with his hands and carry her away.

The others could not move, as they would break the formation and all would die, so they hoped that Mu Shuiruo could hold on for a while.

"Don't touch the big sister!" Lan Yin screamed when she tried to hit Ze Long's hand. She stood in front of Mu Shuiruo.

Ze Long was angry with this girl, even though she was very beautiful, Ze Long was in a hurry and wanted to take Mu Shuiruo away.

Hit!

Ze Long fiercely slapped Lan Yin's face, causing her to take a few steps back, but she did not move.

"Yinyin!" Mu Shuiruo cried out when her heart ached at seeing Lan Yin being beaten.

Ze Long became desperate when he couldn't move this girl, so he threw his fist to hit her again.

Hit!

This time, the blow fell on Mu Shuiruo's cheek, swelling her instantly.

Mu Shuiruo had moved quickly to protect Lan Yin, so she ended up taking the punch.

"Sister!"

Long Yuyin and Zhang Xinya cried out in anger when they saw Mu Shuiruo being beaten by Ze Long. Yun Mengxin got angry and rushed to kill the demon beast she was dealing with to go directly to kill Ze Long.

Ze Long was upset because he accidentally hit Mu Shuiruo, so he tried to hurry.

At the moment Ze Long wanted to pull Mu Shuiruo's hair because he was already getting desperate, a horrible, sinister, overwhelming pressure fell on the place, instantly exploding all the demon beasts.

66