Chapter 157 – Shock
3.7k 5 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BOOM!

The dozens of demon beasts exploded instantly, covering the whole place in black blood.

Ze Long felt a chilling and very heavy aura, preventing him from moving his body while trying not to fall on his knees. His arm was frozen in the air, unable to reach Mu Shuiruo again.

All the martial artists who were there, as well as those who were controlling the demonic beasts and the group where Yun Mengxin and the others were, were completely shocked.

Ming Zeng, Ze Rum and Ze Yu, who were closer, could not help but take a few steps backwards when they witnessed what had happened.

More than 200 demon beasts died instantly!

Swoosh!

Two figures suddenly appeared and came down from the sky.

Ling Tian had his right arm around Tang Wanying's waist, embracing her as they fell lightly to the ground.

Yun Mengxin sighed with relief as she saw Ling Tian arrive here.

Long Cheng, as well as the other patriarchs and ancestors of the three great families, were happy.

Tang Zhi was relieved and could breathe easy when she saw that her daughter was well.

"Brother!" Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian wanted to shout for joy, but stopped when they saw Ling Tian's look.

Ling Tian's gaze was completely filled with killing intentions and hatred while watching Ze Long.

Ze Long flew away when he felt a wind blowing against him, and he went several meters away.

Ling Tian landed in front of Mu Shuiruo and Lan Yin.

Mu Shuiruo was on her knees and had her eyes closed while covering Lan Yin with her arms so that she would not be hurt, therefore they had not noticed the change in the situation. It had all happened very quickly.

Ling Tian stopped embracing Tang Wanying and bent down, to watch Mu Shuiruo and Lan Yin.

"Little Shuiruo... Yinyin..." Ling Tian spoke softly, but one could vaguely note that his voice was shaking slightly.

When Mu Shuiruo heard that soft voice calling to her, she opened her eyes in hopes of seeing the person who had hoped to come and save them.

Lan Yin, who had her face buried in Mu Shuiruo's chest as she was being hugged, turned to look around.

"Master!" Lan Yin cried when she saw Ling Tian in front of her, so without hesitation, she jumped up to him, hugging him tightly as her body trembled with fear.

"Big brother..." Mu Shuiruo stared at Ling Tian, who had his eyes closed but was smiling tenderly at her.

Finally, Mu Shuiruo smiled with joy at the sight of Ling Tian.

"My Shuiruo... My Yinyin..." Ling Tian approached Mu Shuiruo and lovingly hugged her with his right arm, while tenderly holding Lan Yin with his left arm.

Mu Shuiruo hugged Ling Tian tightly as she let a tear escape. The fear that had covered her completely faded as she embraced Ling Tian.

Total silence.

No one spoke.

No one said anything.

Everyone was strangely watching Ling Tian's interaction with these two girls.

Tang Wanying, who was standing next to them, was stunned to see Ling Tian and Mu Shuiruo hugging each other.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have left you for long." Ling Tian spoke feeling guilty.

Ling Tian needed to heal Tang Wanying as her life might be at risk due to her injuries, so it took some time for him to return. Although Tang Wanying's confession caught him off guard and he partially forgot what was happening in the center of the city, it still did not take long.

But he never thought things would come to this extent

Lan Yin said nothing, while she hugged Ling Tian more tightly. Her body was shaking.

"Mn... As long as the big brother arrives, no problem." Mu Shuiruo shook her head and spoke again the same words she had spoken to him when they were flying.

"I am so sorry..." Ling Tian whispered and continued to deny with his head, still feeling somewhat guilty.

"Sister, it is I who am to blame." Tang Wanying also felt guilty, since by her, Ling Tian had to leave them alone and go to rescue her.

Mu Shuiruo was a bit startled to hear Tang Wanying, so she opened her eyes and moved her gaze to Tang Wanying.

"Sister, you're fine... That's good." Mu Shuiruo smiled with joy at the sight of Tang Wanying and then denied again with her head: "But sister, it's not your fault, so don't feel bad."

Mu Shuiruo did not blame her, making Tang Wanying feel a little less guilty.

Ling Tian waved his left arm to position Lan Yin in front of him, next to Mu Shuiruo.

"Does it hurt a lot?" Ling Tian's trembling but soft voice was heard again as he delicately touched both Mu Shuiruo's swollen cheek and Lan Yin's wounded forehead.

Both Mu Shuiruo and Lan Yin denied with their heads as they watched Ling Tian who still had his eyes closed.

The others who were nearby noticed that Ling Tian's voice was soft and full of worry as he spoke to the two girls, but at the same time, they felt a thick, sinister sensation begin to increase with each passing second.

Ling Tian moved his hand and a small bottle appeared. He opened it, dipped his fingers in a substance, and then passed them gently over Mu Shuiruo's cheek and Lan Yin's forehead.

The injured parts of both girls began to heal almost instantly.

"Wow, it doesn't hurt anymore, Master!" Lan Yin's happy expression returned when she touched her forehead.

Mu Shuiruo also touched her own cheek and was surprised to discover that she no longer felt pain.

"Yinyin... you're going to sleep for a while, okay? Then I'll play with you all you want." Ling Tian spoke softly to Lan Yin and, without waiting for her to respond, Ling Tian extended his hand and with his fingers, touched the acupuncture points of Chi on Lan Yin's face, making her close her eyes and faint instantly.

Ling Tian did not let Lan Yin fall to the ground, so he held her with his arms and then entrusted her to Mu Shuiruo.

Mu Shuiruo held Lan Yin in her arms. Lan Yin's breathing was steady, as if she were only sleeping.

"Little Shuiruo, if you don't like what you're about to see... you'd better close your eyes and cover your ears until it's all over." Ling Tian stood up and never stopped smiling at Mu Shuiruo.

Although Ling Tian did not want Mu Shuiruo to witness what he was about to do, he knew that he could not always care for and protect Mu Shuiruo from the adversities she would face in her life. But Lan Yin was still a little girl, so he would keep Lan Yin from facing all these things for a while as she matured a little.

Mu Shuiruo nodded with confusion in her face, understanding his words somewhat.

Ling Tian walked a few steps toward Yun Mengxin and grabbed her wrist, checking her body.

Although Yun Mengxin could create ice because of her special physique, it could still harm her if she tried to force her limits too much when she was just beginning on the path of cultivation.

"You don't have to feel that way." Yun Mengxin extended her other arm and touched Ling Tian's cheek. She was clearly feeling the guilt in him.

Ling Tian smiled and nodded gratefully at Yun Mengxin, feeling the support she was conveying directly to his heart.

Yun Mengxin was worried about him as well, for in all this time, Ling Tian had not opened his eyes and felt an intense killing intent within him.

"It seems that being on top and having no problems, has made me naive..."

This time, Ling Tian whispered in a flat, somber voice, making even the Lord of the City and the others feel a slight chill as they listened to him.

They had been paying attention to Ling Tian all this time, and he had never opened his eyes, which puzzled them.

However, the moment Ling Tian turned around to go to Ze Long who was still lying a few meters away, they were afraid when Ling Tian slowly opened his eyes to see Ze Long.

Ling Tian's eyes, which were once deep jet black as if they were a shiny black pearl, were now a dark color with no luster, devoid of any emotion in them. It was as if they were looking into the very void of darkness, into an abyss, making the souls of those who were seeing it tremble.

Ling Tian walked towards Ze Long, who could not get up because of the pressure that Ling Tian never stopped putting on him, and immediately, he formed a blade with his immortal essence and cut off Ze Long's arm.

"AH!!!"

Ze Long screamed when he felt the pain of losing his arm.

Ling Tian walked up to him and then lifted him off the ground by holding his neck while making Ze Long look into his eyes.

70