Chapter 180 (Vol 2) – Spirit Roots (1)
3.7k 1 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you willing to sacrifice your inner strength to start over from scratch?"

This question took everyone by surprise, especially Long Yuyin, Mu Shen and Tang Jingtian. Mu Shuiruo was not taken by surprise because Ling Tian had previously told her that he would give her a lot of strength. As long as he is Ling Tian, Mu Shuiruo will not refuse.

It wasn't long before everyone nodded with firm determination in their faces.

Start from scratch to be strong like Ling Tian?

So yes!

They knew this was a price to pay, but they would gladly do it!

Nothing would come easy and free!

"Good." Ling Tian nodded with a slight smile.

"First of all, I need to tell you that you cannot tell anyone what I will impart to you, not one word!" Ling Tian looked at them with a serious expression.

They all nodded quickly as they sweated nervously, knowing that Ling Tian's secret or whatever he will tell them, they will know right away.

Ling Tian saw the expression of the three and approved.

"I am a cultivator..."

Several seconds later, Ling Tian began to speak slowly.

A cultivator?

What is that?

It didn't take long for all of them to get their answers.

"A cultivator is someone who has embarked on a long and confrontational journey, while continuing to cultivate in order to become stronger over time. It's a bit like you martial artists, but we pursue the peak of Martial Dao, building up our strength and overcoming life's tribulations."

Ling Tian proceeded to explain to them the basics of cultivation and all that goes with it as well as the Chi spirit and related things, whether good or bad, causing them all to be surprised the more they listened.

"We pursue Immortality and even Divinity..." Ling Tian spoke solemnly, frowning at the latter as he was not sure if there really was another higher world beyond the Immortal World.

Despite being one of the most powerful Immortals in the Immortal World, no one knew if there really was another world beyond, or even if there were several realms stronger than the legendary Supreme realm of the Immortal World.

And much less was it known whether there really was Divinity or True Gods beyond existence.

Long Yuyin, Mu Shuiruo, Mu Shen, and Tang Jingtian, were astounded to hear all this from Ling Tian.

It was like the legends!

As if they were Gods themselves!

"You gather the energy within your bodies to increase your strength, while we, the cultivators, gather the Chi spirit of the world, being stronger than you at the same Stage. Also our strength is classified as your rank, but in a different way."

Ling Tian observed that disbelief clearly remained in them, so he decided not to overwhelm them with so much information.

"Once you reach a certain limit, your strength and powers will improve over time, as you continue to cultivate more. You can even do more incredible things that others could not." Ling Tian slowly explained.

"Brother, to reach the level you are at, how long would it take us to reach it? "Tang Jingtian asked curiously as he reflected on what Ling Tian said.

If the cultivation is almost similar to the inner energy they gather, wouldn't it take them several years to get back to the rank they are in now, or even longer?

How long will it take them to reach the same level as Ling Tian?

But if Ling Tian is the same age as them, then how did he become stronger than them?

Ling Tian thought for a few seconds while calculating the average time, and then answered, "If you cultivate hard from now on, it will take you at least 30 years at least to reach my level."

Ling Tian knew that in this small world, as much as they could reach, it would be to the stage of the Establishment of the Foundation, and that by hard work. The Chi spirit of this lower plane was very, very scarce.

30 years?!

That's a lot!

"Remember that 30 years for the cultivators passes in the blink of an eye. Even 100 years is as if only a few years have passed in itself."

This was all new to them, no wonder they thought it was a long time, since they would live an average of 200 years if they didn't get in the way of cultivation, so Ling Tian told them about the view of years and so on.

"But there are people who can reach that level even in half that time." Ling Tian turned to see Mu Shuiruo. Everyone turned to see Mu Shuiruo too.

"There are some people who have special Spirit Roots, managing to advance even faster than the average cultivator ... shortening the time of cultivation to increase their power."

Mu Shuiruo didn't understand what Ling Tian meant by spirit roots. Ling Tian meant her? She looked at Ling Tian in confusion.

The moment Ling Tian checked Mu Shuiruo's pulse as they flew through the air after he rescued her when everyone was fighting outside the Star City, he discovered a complete spirit root in her body. The night before, Ling Tian checked it when Mu Shuiruo slept with him and checked her pulse.

Spirit Roots give great advantages to cultivators. The first and most recognized is the speed of cultivation that stands out. If it would take the average cultivator more than 30 years to reach the stage of Foundation Establishment, then it would take the cultivator with spirit roots an average of 15 years or less.

It should be noted that while the spirit roots are amazing, they are still one level below the special physical ones.

If we compare Yun Mengxin and Lan Yin's special physique with Mu Shuiruo, the first two would reach the Foundation Establishment stage in less than 10 years on this lower plane, while Mu Shuiruo would reach the same level in a minimum average of 15 years. The others without spirit roots would take more than 30 years.

Obviously all of this without the help of external factors, such as Immortal Crystals, Spiritual Crystals, Spiritual Pills and Inheritances or Legacies that contain Spiritual Energy, cultivating only with the Chi spirit of the environment!

One could say that special physicists are themselves the final evolution or development of the spirit roots!

The second advantage of having a spirit root, is the affinity with the element that exists in nature.

In the time of battle, cultivators could even increase the potency of their power by combining their attacking techniques with the affinity of the natural element in their bodies towards nature, and even extracting power from nature itself to increase their strength, as well as making use of the natural element in themselves or in the environment around them to do various things.

The 5 known Spirit Roots are:

Water, Wood, Fire, Earth and Metal.

There are 3 Special Spirit Roots, which are when the spirit roots mutate or evolve, greatly improving the benefits of cultivating and above all, transforming the body into a special physical one:

Ice, Wind and Lightning.

In this case, Yun Mengxin has the affinity with Ice because of her natural affinity with Water, while Lan Yin could somehow interact with Wind once she reaches a high realm.

And now, Ling Tian knew what spirit root Mu Shuiruo has.

Earth Spirit Root

72