Chapter 188 (Vol 2) – Opportunities
3.3k 2 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ling Tian went to the Yun residence. He preferred to walk while listening to the conversations and whispers of the people about what had supposedly happened the day before.

"Did you know?"

"Knew what?"

"That the heavens were enraged by all the evil acts that the Ming and Ze families had committed, and so they sent a God to finish them off!"

"But someone I know said there were several Gods!"

"No!"

"My father told me that a God had descended and destroyed all the demonic beasts that entered the city with one wave of his hand."

"Did he wipe out all the demonic beasts in a second?"

"Yeah, that's right!"

"That same God also killed all the members of the Ming family and the Ze family!"

"Then could it really have been a true God?"

"What I say is true! My father was one of the few guards who managed to survive the attack of the demon beasts inside the city and he watched everything from afar!"

"It is true! They even say that later another God came down and both Gods fought and then disappeared..."

"My friend said that! Both Gods flew in the skies and started attacking each other!"

"They say that one God killed the other God and then disappeared!"

"There are rumors that this God is possibly still among us..."

"It can be. Maybe that God stayed here to oversee our actions."

"The Ming family really deserved it."

"Yes! The Ze family too."

"Especially their young masters who were so arrogant!"

"The wrath of the heavens took care of them."

"Now that Ming Zeng and Ze Yu have died, we will have a chance with the Ice Goddess and the others!"

"You idiot! Do you think you'd still have a chance with our Ice Goddess? She's a Legend rank! She wouldn't look at someone as weak as you!"

"Once I reach Emperor rank, I'll declare myself to her and promise to reach Legend rank like her too! It won't take me long!"

"Then I will train hard too! I feel that in a few weeks I can reach King rank!"

"Yes as well as no. The Ice Goddess would freeze you to the bone in a second."

"Hey! There are rumors that the Goddess Long also showed a power comparable to the Legend rank when she was fighting an unknown fierce demon beast!"

"They even say that Goddess Zhang was not far behind either. She showed a power comparable to or even greater than Emperor rank!"

"So could we say that the Goddesses Long and Zhang also reached the Legend rank?"

"It's true! I was there and saw it with my own eyes! Goddess Long looked so beautiful and perfect when she faced all those demonic beasts without getting a scratch! And when that last demon beast came, she and about two men there faced it together!"

"I think those two guys are from the Tang family..."

"Yeah, one is Tang Jingtian and the other one is Mu Shen. They say that these two along with Goddess Long Yuyin showed an almost amazing power as Legend ranks!"

"So we have several Legends ranks now?"

"I remember now! No wonder those names were familiar to me! These two are brothers of the Goddesses Mu and Tang!"

"You're right!"

"But they say Goddess Mu already has someone in her heart! They saw her walking along with a man holding hands a while ago as they went in a group to the Tang residence!"

"What?!"

"That must not be true!"

"So someone managed to win the heart of one of the five Goddesses of the city? Who was that bastard?!"

"We have to find him to beat him up!"

"Goddess Mu Shuiruo is my favorite! I won't let anyone take her away from me! If she's not for me, then she's no one else's!"

"Look for that lucky bastard who took Goddess Mu Shuiruo from us!"

Ling Tian had an ironic expression to the comments of most young men.

It seems that the sudden increase of strength and power in the 'Goddesses' of Star City, as well as the disappearance of the Ming and Ze families, took a great weight off all the young people, filling them with conviction and hope again before these Goddesses.

He quickly arrived at the residence of the Yun family.

"Hey you, stop!"

One of the two guards who were guarding the main entrance of the Yun family residence, instantly stopped Ling Tian.

The other guard also stared at Ling Tian. Both men were in the King rank.

"What do you want?" The guard fiercely interrogated Ling Tian.

"I am here to see Mengxin." Ling Tian replied weakly as he looked at this guy without being bothered by his behavior.

"Ha? You want to see the young Lady? Who do you think you are?! Get out if you don't want to be kicked out of here!" The guard barked fiercely as he looked down on Ling Tian with disdain.

Yun Mengxin was now a Legend rank! That's why they cannot allow anyone to bother her! Unless they are the patriarchs, ancestors, or the Lord of the City, they would allow access to that person freely.

The guard thought that Ling Tian was one of those young men who had come before to declare their love for Yun Mengxin or to try to talk to the patriarch to get closer to the young lady.

Ling Tian did not move from his place and looked weakly at this man. He understood that, on the one hand, this guard was only doing his job, therefore Ling Tian did not want to make things worse. But even so, he still gave him a mocking and defiant look.

"Don't bother, she's coming." Ling Tian responded weakly as he noticed Yun Mengxin approaching quickly.

Ling Tian did not have to use his spiritual sense, as his heart was beating happily and faster.

This meant that Yun Mengxin was approaching him. His special connection with her was happily shaking.

"Huh?" The guard frowned at what Ling Tian said, but decided to do his job better and make this young man retire.

"Stop there."

The moment the guard was about to extend his hand to take care of Ling Tian, a cold, direct voice was heard behind them.

The guard froze on the spot and quickly turned around. The other guard also became alarmed and turned to look inside.

"Do you need anything, young Lady?" Both guards straightened up firmly and asked respectfully when they saw Yun Mengxin behind them.

"Let him pass." Yun Mengxin spoke with an icy voice that sent shivers down the spine of both guards.

"Yes!" Both guards nodded and moved aside to let Ling Tian pass.

Ling Tian never stopped looking at Yun Mengxin and had that happy, loving look. He walked towards her without caring about the guards' previous behavior.

However, Yun Mengxin did care about the problem when she had noticed with her spiritual sense the guard's treatment of Ling Tian: "I will deal with you later. From now on, none of you can refuse him entry!"

Yun Mengxin's cold voice and expression made both guards nervous, especially the guard who had treated Ling Tian badly.

One could say that Yun Mengxin's condition was above the whole Yun family!

With the shaking in their bodies, both guards quickly nodded without refusing.

69