Chapter 196 (Vol 2) – Would You Stop Looking for Me & Bothering Me by Asking Me to Marry You?
3.3k 8 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I implore you to let this go and forgive us, young master Ling." Zhang Chao immediately spoke up, trying not to make Ling Tian angry so he could kill them all: "I will personally make sure to punish the guilty party severely about this."

Moreover, Ling Tian had come precisely to see the state of his wife and see if he could cure her, but they had only caused him problems so far. Therefore, Zhang Chao did not blame Ling Tian and sought his forgiveness instantly.

Ling Tian nodded weakly to what Zhang Chao said. He had already personally taken care of that guy who was planning to do something to Mu Shuiruo. Although Ling Tian would never let anything happen to Mu Shuiruo, he would still be angry and seek revenge for anyone who tried to lay hands on his women.

"Young Master Ling, please..." Zhang Chao nervously tried to take Ling Tian inside to break the atmosphere as they left this place, and mainly to check on his wife's condition.

Ling Tian stared weakly at Zhang Chao without moving. Not because he was the patriarch of a great family would he be respectful to him.

At this point, he felt a pull on his clothes: "Would you please look at the condition of my mother?" Zhang Xinya asked in a worrying tone, granting an astonishing new look to all the others.

Zhang Xinya's eyes somehow reminded Tang Wanying when she asked him to go and check Tang Zhi's health condition. The love and concern in mentioning their mothers could be clearly reflected in them.

Ling Tian finally nodded slightly to Zhang Xinya.

Zhang Xinya smiled happily and began to lead Ling Tian by herself without letting go of his hand.

Zhang Chao sighed with relief that his daughter had managed to convince Ling Tian. Even he, being the patriarch, had not given him a face, which meant that Ling Tian did not care about rank or status.

"You'd better tell me everything that really happened later if you don't want me to impose a severe punishment on you!" Zhang Chao spoke grimly to the previous guard, causing the latter to quickly nod his head.

Zhang Chao only looked at him one last time and went after Zhang Xinya and Ling Tian.

Everyone there was shocked by what they had witnessed.

Who was this young man?

Even the patriarch himself seemed to be afraid of him!

Would he be one of the three great families remaining?

No... they all knew the three great families currently and only one of them had a direct male descendant.

Could he be from a very important aristocratic family?

What an amazing young man he was if he could even conquer the Goddess Zhang Xinya?!

The women could only see Ling Tian's back disappearing from their sight as they envied Zhang Xinya because Ling Tian was so handsome, so strong, and so cool at this moment.

Zhang Bing watched Zhang Xinya's departure in stupefaction.

What madness!

To think that he had a great advantage over the others!

But now Zhang Bing realized that apparently he never really had a chance with his beloved Goddess. An intense hatred formed inside him as he watched Ling Tian.

People began to return to what they had previously been doing. Some young people helped those lying on the ground, although they were not seriously injured, they were still a little hurt.

Zhang Xinya carried Ling Tian eagerly and worryingly into her mother's bedroom with her hand holding his.

Zhang Chao followed behind them both as he watched his daughter's interaction with this amazing God.

Interestingly, the interior structure of the house was similar to that of the Tang residence, and even a little bit like that of the Yun residence.

It did not take long for them to arrive at their destination.

Zhang Xinya opened the door and entered together with Ling Tian.

Ling Tian instantly observed the bedroom and it looked almost the same as Tang Zhi's room, with only a few variations.

In the middle of the room, there was a bed and in it lay a beautiful but pale woman.

The woman's eyes were completely closed, as if she were just sleeping. Her beauty was clearly appreciated at once, with a beauty comparable to Tang Wanying's mother. No wonder that Zhang Xinya was also so beautiful and is considered a Goddess by the whole Star City. She had inherited it from her mother!

However, her complexion was completely pale, as if exhausted by heavy work, and only now could she rest, but her steady, calm breathing made everyone doubt what had happened to her.

Zhang Chao had the maids who took care of his wife removed, leaving the three of them alone with his wife.

Ling Tian approached the bed and gently took the wrist of Zhang Xinya's mother, releasing his spiritual sense to check on what was happening to her.

After several seconds, Ling Tian released his hand and looked directly at Zhang Ruoyan as he thought of something.

"What is it that my mother has?" Zhang Xinya looked nervously at Ling Tian with her hands shaking against her heart.

Zhang Chao also looked at Ling Tian in hope of knowing what was happening to his wife.

Ling Tian did not answer and then directed his hand to Zhang Ruoyan's forehead, again releasing his spiritual sense but this time, to his soul.

"I imagined it." Ling Tian murmured as he finished checking Zhang Ruoyan's condition.

Zhang Xinya's heart tightened as she heard this, and with tears in her eyes she grabbed Ling Tian's clothes and asked him in a voice that was both trembling and hopeful, "D-do you know what is happening to my mother?"

Zhang Chao also looked pleadingly at Ling Tian.

Ling Tian looked at Zhang Xinya at this moment, realizing that she was like any other normal woman who could even cry for her family. Those same eyes, that same expression and anguish were the same as Tang Wanying's when he discovered the poison in her mother and she asked him to cure her and that she would do whatever he wanted..

Ling Tian could not help but smile a little at Zhang Xinya as he patted her head, and then turned his gaze to Zhang Chao.

"She must have ingested some elixir before she instantly fainted and was left in this state, right?" Ling Tian said slowly.

Zhang Chao and Zhang Xinya nodded instantly as soon as they heard this.

"L-Lord Ling, do you know what happened to my wife?" Zhang Chao asked nervously and changed his name to Ling Tian again.

Ling Tian nodded to Zhang Chao and said, "I imagine that you prepared this elixir yourselves... I need you to bring me all the plants that were used to make it, without missing any!" Taking into account what he saw now and remembering what Yun Mengxin told him, he already knew more or less what Zhang Ruoyan might have.

"Immediately!" Zhang Chao nodded and ran out of the bedroom to get the ingredients of the elixir.

"Ling Tian, do you really know what my mother has?" Zhang Xinya's sad and nervous voice was heard in the bedroom.

"Um." Ling Tian nodded at Zhang Xinya's question. He was 80% sure of what had happened to Zhang Ruoyan.

"Please! I will do anything you ask if you can save my mother! I beg you!" Zhang Xinya's trembling hands could be clearly felt as she kept holding Ling Tian's clothes.

Her eyes were full of tears as she looked hopefully at Ling Tian, as if he were the last light of hope she could cling to.

Ling Tian looked at her for several seconds before saying something that made Zhang Xinya look shocked.

"So... Would you stop looking for me and bothering me by asking me to marry you?"

67