Chapter 486 (Vol 2) – I Am Home
1.3k 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Where did Ling Tian go?" When Ling Guosheng came out and did not see Ling Tian, he asked with a worried face.

"Don't worry, cousin." Tang Wanying smiled reassuringly and said, "Our husband won't be long." The other women beside her nodded without concern.

However, Ling Guosheng still could not be calm. His anxious look expressed to everyone that he was really worried about not seeing Ling Tian.

* Lightning... *

"Huh?" A faint, almost imperceptible lightning flashed quickly across the sky above them, drawing everyone's attention.

"What's going on?" Ling Guosheng and Ling Ahlang muttered in stupefaction.

"It seems that really great brother-in-law is angry..." Jiu Ming sighed as she noticed this. She knew the various and many techniques Ling Tian could do, so she was sure that lightning had to do with Ling Tian.

Everyone nodded slightly; how could there be anyone below immortality who could summon lightning easily?

Only Ling Tian could pull off such a scene...

The next moment, Ling Tian appeared calmly near them.

"Ling Tian, where did you go!" Ling Guosheng asked desperately once he saw Ling Tian. He was not surprised that he suddenly appeared, but where had he gone.

Ling Tian smiled faintly and patted Ling Guosheng's shoulder saying indifferently, "I was cleaning an ant nest, nothing to worry about."

Ling Guosheng tilted his head in confusion and thought that maybe Ling Tian had gotten rid of some spies that were in the surroundings.

"That's good, I thought you had done something foolish." Ling Guosheng sighed in relief finally and said. It didn't even cross his mind about the sect they had talked about a few moments ago, after all, that place was far away and there were many powerful Masters there, even he wouldn't be able to fight against all of them alone.

"By the way, who is the other man who was with you a few moments ago?" Ling Tian remembered that besides Ling Gousheng and his son, there was another old man with them.

"He is Wu Dan, a fellow who became a brother to me and has stayed with us, defending this place." Ling Guosheng sighed sadly and said, "He comes from a family of practitioners but he too suffered the attack of various forces and he was left as the only survivor. We then met while wandering for several years and formed a good friendship until we became true brothers."

Ling Tian nodded solemnly, thinking that Ling Guosheng might have some support.

"Li'l brother." Ling Guosheng shot a nostalgic look with a mysterious touch of joy, quickly catching Ling Tian's expression as he said, "Don't you want to see aunt and uncle? Your big sister? The other family members?"

"What do you mean?" Ling Tian frowned, hadn't they previously visited the place where the family graves were? What did his cousin mean by that?

Ling Guosheng smiled and said, "Follow me." At once, he turned around and started walking in a specific direction.

Ling Tian stared at him for a few before he let out his breath and started walking.

"Let's go." Ling Tian turned to look at his wives and the others before he started to follow Ling Guosheng, not before his hands were grabbed by Qing Sha and Lan Yin. The little white fox again jumped to his shoulder.

Yun Mengxin and the others followed as well.

Ling Tian and the group followed Ling Guosheng and Ling Ahlang for several minutes, walking in one direction to a place where vegetation was strangely abundant, a place where it seemed protected and there was no evil influence threatening the beautiful nature.

"This place..." Ling Tian murmured as he felt a slight sense of the past, as if he felt like he was returning home after a long time and being greeted by several pairs of warm and loving arms...

Trees and plants adorned the scene, with the beautiful melodies that the birds sang as they flew or rested on the branches of the trees. Shrubs and plants were planted on the banks of the immense place, giving a wonderful and beautiful sight to the eyes, like a paradise of nature.

What looked like grave slabs, were adorned with various kinds of fresh and glistening flowers on them; several were together, with various ornaments and light but exquisitely carved stones with characters indicating the names. One could even find framed photos above each space, showing different people.

"Here rest all our loved ones." Ling Guosheng spoke with a touch of sadness and nostalgia. He slowly walked over to one of the flower-filled graves and reached out his hand, running his fingers gently over the delicate tombstones and finally taking the picture on it.

"So the tombstones that were out there?" Ling Tian asked in a daze as his gaze slowly scanned the place.

This place was undoubtedly well kept and maintained unlike the previous one where it was ugly and neglected; however, here it could be seen at a glance that it was kept clean, as if it was delicately taken care of every day. It wouldn't be strange to call it a beautiful little paradise, a peaceful place full of tranquility, with a soothing and warm feeling that enveloped his heart...

"That other place was made by the city and secular forces after I begged them for a burial place before I had to hide for a while and go with my Master." Ling Guosheng's gaze turned cold and then sad, before saying with some relief, "Already after a long time when I gained some strength and weight in the secular world, I moved our whole family to this personal place and personally designed and built everything together with my wife. That way I gave them a proper burial, let them rest in this place that belongs to them, all together and united as a family, as we always were in the past..."

Unconsciously, Ling Tian loosened his hands from Lan Yin and Qing Sha as he suddenly stopped in front of some tombstones; his expression became sad and nostalgic, with full of longing as he felt short of breath as he saw what was in front of him.

Crouching down and reaching out his trembling hand slowly, a tear formed in the corner of Ling Tian's eye, "Mom, dad, big sis..." A somewhat hoarse and trembling voice came out of his mouth, showing everyone the state of his heart. His hand was gently touching the delicate portrait of three people on it: his adoptive family!

No one spoke or made any noise other than the gentle breeze of the wind, but they could feel the sad and nostalgic feeling radiating from Ling Tian. Clearly this moment, this place, those portraits were important to Ling Tian.

Ling Tian's gaze rested for a long time on this big painted portrait showing three people; a beautiful and spectacular woman with an appearance of a young housewife in her 30s: 'You, my child, are my one of my two great and only treasures. Remember that Mom will always love you...' A handsome man full of confidence likewise with an appearance of 30 years old: 'Son, remember that even if you don't carry our blood, you will always be my only son, part of our family... Dad will always pray for your good...' And a young woman of about 15-16 years of age who was being hugged by both, a splendid young beauty in development and growth, as well as a playful and clearly happy look: "'My little brother, remember that your big sis will always love you very much, I will always take care of you and be with you, but for that we have to grow up a lot, so you have to grow up and be a great man and I will be a beautiful woman too, someone who will belong only to you...'

This big painted portrait conveyed the purest feeling that this was a truly happy and united family.

The three tombstones were together, full of flower arrangements and more; one could easily notice that the flowers were fresh and recent, showing that this place was taken care of all the time.

And not only those three tombstones were beautiful, the other tombstones were extremely cared for and arranged with various flowers and herbs, being beautifully decorated.

The tear in Ling Tian's eye finally slid down his cheek and he said with a happy and loving smile, "I am home..."

27