Chapter 496 (Vol 2) – He Is Gone
1.3k 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ling Tian gazed somewhat sadly at Ling Guosheng before hugging him somewhat tightly, not being able to help himself from starting to tremble as he hugged him.

"I-I'm the one who should really be thanking you... all of you..." Ling Tian's voice strangely began to tremble, stuttering slightly at first as he tried to steady himself. Ling Tian added a little more strength to his embrace and said, "I-I really am grateful to all of you, to my mother, my father, my big sister, to you, to everyone else for accepting me even though I'm not one of you. You all loved me with everything you had and gave me the most valuable and precious thing I could have gotten when I was just a child: the love and warmth of a family. Y-you will always be on my mind and in my heart...really th-thank y-you so much..." The voice at the end trembled evidently and a tear formed in the corner of his eye as he took a somewhat shaky breath.

"You really haven't changed..." Ling Guosheng's smile grew much wider, closing his eyes and holding Ling Tian with his remaining strength, this person who in the past always followed him everywhere and they spent a lot of time together, playing or doing many more things, "Silly boy, we always loved you and saw you as one of our own, we would even give our lives for you without hesitation. On behalf of our family and my offspring, I thank you for making this wish for peace and tranquility become real. Remember that there will always be a place in this family for you, remember that we will always love you and that we will watch over you from heaven wherever you are, my li'l brother..." His voice gradually weakened, sounding like a whisper at the end.

Finally, Ling Tian's tear rolled down his cheek, feeling Ling Guosheng's weight increase on his own body. He gently fell to his knees while still embracing Ling Guosheng; Ling Tian never let him go and on the contrary, he hugged him tighter.

Yun Mengxin and the women looked sadly at this moment, Lan Yin and Qing Sha was crying while Hao Zhentian and his martial brothers closed their eyes in respect and praying, showing a sad expression as well. Ling Ahlang and Wu Dan looked sad, but with a touch of relief at the same time, as if they thought it was for the best.

Ling Guosheng's life essence had come to an end...

"Thank you very much..." Ling Tian whispered several times, thanking and hugging the limp body of his dear departed cousin tighter. He didn't want to let him go, he wanted everything to be like before and to feel at home like when he was a child, happy and carefree.

He had just found a survivor of his family after a long, long time, but unfortunately he had to say goodbye to him that very day.

The last surviving member of his family was gone...

Ling Tian lasted a while longer like this, hugging Ling Guosheng tightly before letting him go and gently laying him down on the ground. Ling Guosheng wore a smiling, blissful expression, with traces of tears that carried happiness and gratitude.

"You did so much for the family, now you can rest in peace, my big brother..." Ling Tian whispered while arranging Ling Guosheng's clothes and removing all traces of impurity on his body.

Ling Tian instantly understood that Ling Guosheng must have endured a lot and was already at the end of the arrow; only love and perseverance for their family kept him standing to continue protecting them as far as he could, not giving up and wanting to do everything he could to take care of them. That expression full of relief and gratitude on his face showed that he had truly gone without worries and regrets. Ling Guosheng could rest in peace at last...

Ling Ahlang embraced his father's limp body, saying goodbye for the last time before parting. He was aware that at any moment his father would leave since they had talked about it before, therefore, he was still able to keep the strength to say goodbye to him at this time...

Ling Tian waved his hand and the ground in one place shifted, creating a large and somewhat deep hole in the cemetery where the family members lay, specifically where Ling Guosheng's parents and siblings were buried.

Flowers and grass grew again after casting a spell on Ling Guosheng's body and his place, giving him a personal and proper burial along with the entire family.

"Big Sis, father, mother, family..." Ling Tian looked at the place where he stood, looking at all the tombstones and knowing that now the whole family was reunited in heaven, "Now you are all together and can rest in peace. I have already taken care of the troubles of this world and you need not be worried... you are free to rest in peace..." He whispered with a soft, loving smile.

The next moment, a gentle breeze that carried a warmth and mysterious feeling enveloped Ling Tian, as if embracing him before disappearing.

Ling Tian took a deep breath before opening his eyes. He was grateful to have found someone from his family and be able to say goodbye to him at least.

His wives came over and held his hands, conveying him warm feelings full of love and loving smiles full of support and understanding. Qing Sha and Lan Yin as usual approached and hugged both sides of Ling Tian's waist, clinging and feeling secure and happy as they embraced him.

Ling Tian smiled softly and then patted both little girls' heads.

"Thank you for supporting my cousin and protecting these people. You are free to go wherever you want, there is no threat that will harm this family anymore, you can do whatever you want." Ling Tian looked at Wu Dan and said, he was also grateful to him.

Wu Dan looked at him for a few seconds before shaking his head and said, "Thank you, Senior, but I will stay until the last day of my life. Guosheng helped me when I needed it most and I will support him until the last breath of my life, even though he is no longer here." His gaze full of resolve and gratitude said it all.

Ling Tian nodded gently before turning to look at Ling Ahlang.

"Even though I helped you increase in strength, you still have the choice whether to move on or live as a normal person because you no longer need to worry about threats. If you train the cultivation methods I will gave you, you will live for many years, but if you don't, your life expectancy will be greatly reduced and you will slowly lose your strength." Ling Tian said to Ling Ahlang.

Earlier when he helped him break through an ancient method, Ling Ahlang would have to try harder to move on, or else he could stop cultivating and live a worldly life and together with his family. Ling Tian wasn't going to let him live for hundreds of years if Ling Ahlang didn't want to; that would only be eternal suffering.

"My father always wanted all of us to live happily and without worries about the world of practitioners, so I will live and respect his last will." Ling Ahlang replied after thinking about it and immediately cupped his fists together, bowing to Ling Tian and said, "This little one thanks you, Uncle Tian. Thank you for fulfilling my father's wish and bringing peace and quiet to the family."

Ling Tian smiled softly, nodding his head at Ling Ahlang's decision.

"By the way, wouldn't you like to see the family legacy? My father would be fine with me for you taking them..."

"No need, you can keep them or get rid of them." Ling Tian shook his head. The family legacy which were immortal weapons according to Ling Guosheng could hardly reach the level of immortality. Such weapons would not help him much, after all, Ling Tian had collected high level immortal weapons, even ranking at the peak and touching divinity according to the Immortal realm.

Ling Ahlang nodded compressively. An Immortal like Ling Tian might not have any interest in weak weapons.

"You will leave right, uncle?"

Before Ling Tian said anything, Ling Ahlang asked curiously.

Ling Tian raised his eyebrow and then nodded slowly, "Yes, sorry for leaving you here and leaving quickly. But I have some people who need me in my world and they are very important to me, they are also my family and I won't let anything bad happen to them." His disciples were important to him and he didn't want to lose them, besides, Ling Tian also wanted to stay in this world for a while; living as mere mortals brought him a unique and peaceful touch, changing his sense of vision and making him more temperate, with more intelligence and wisdom.

"Don't worry, uncle. I wish you much luck and success wherever you go, I will pray for you and the others for the heavens to protect you." Ling Ahlang shook his head and delivered his good wishes for them.

"I entrust this place to you very much, please take care of them..." Ling Tian spoke, gently touching one of the tombstones in the place. Here rested his entire family, so he didn't want anything bad to happen to the place.

Ling Ahlang nodded firmly, promising to take care of this special place.

"Let's go..."

Just as Ling Tian nodded to the others and they would go back to get the others to leave that world, he instantly stopped and an expression full of confusion and surprise at the same time formed on his face.

"What's wrong?" Long Yuyin asked curiously while her sisters looked at Ling Tian as well.

Ling Tian blinked several times as he took a deep breath, then turned to look in one direction and released his spirit sense towards such a place.

His breathing stopped as his spirit sense completely scanned the place, a space where there were a few beautiful flowers that shone a silvery color from the sunlight and gave off a subtle yet mysterious scent... 

 

How's everyone doing? It's been a long time since I updated, I know, but I really didn't have much time to do it due to my service load. :(

Well, by now I'm getting used to it and I know how it is, some weeks I'll have weekends off and others I won't, so the posting schedule will vary. I'll try to upload at least one chapter per day so you guys don't get desperate, hehe.

Right now I'm still at work, so I'll upload the chapters I have saved in my cell phone.

26