V.1-Ch.5: Combat Code
1.4k 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To the west was a buzzing metropolis, it was surrounded with a large wall and a luscious green forest. The trees all around were massive and seemed to hide the city but the sounds of people trading gave away their location.

In the sky right above the city was a 9 pointed star made of 9 different swords. Each sword radiated a powerful sword force as they intertwined to create the 9 pointed stars.

At the front of the gate stood two silver armored men. They each held a lance as they stood guard at a large gate. Along the gate was two coiling golden dragons.

Ye Yuyan was walking along the path to the city gripping his pink bamboo umbrella. To his waist was a bamboo gourd with a satchel.

His shadowy eyes landed on the massive gate. He slowly walked along the path, behind him were carts filled with hey. Along with various shepherds bringing herd, and caravans of food.

They slowly walked together to the gate, Ye Yuyan sidestepped most of them with his agile steps. When he approached the guards and rose the bamboo gourd. It flashed the holy 9-pointed sword star on it and the guards quickly saluted.

"We welcome you, Exorcist!" The guard's said as they bowed to Ye Yuyan. They moved to open the gate and pushed it open using sheer force. With enough space to enter, Ye Yuyan quickly walked in.

"Sire, the Sacrament has recalled all Exorcists. Go to the royal tower for further orders." A guard said to Ye Yuyan as he was walking off.

"Mm, understood." Ye Yuyan nodded as he turned to look at the magnificent black tower at the center of the city.

After he had finished cultivating in the mountains, he started to walk on the path to the Verulyim capital. He had a few encounters with bandits and beasts but none of them could phase him at this point.

On the way, he met a few people from a caravan and they gave him some info on the Verulyim kingdom.

The kingdom had three orders, The Verulyim Sacrament, The Verulyim Code, and The Verulyim Origin. Each confirmed with the conventional way of training, the code was chivalry, the sacrament was sealing, and the origin was blood.

The guards he just saw were low-level members of the Verulyim Code. Ye Yuyan came here to join the Verulyim Code. One needs to be recruited by the nobility to join the Sacrament most times. But if someone has enough achievements they might also be recruited by the order.

One such way would be to return a sealing symbol to the Order. They are granted to wandering exorcists and are created by Fiend Sealers.

Ye Yuyan walked along the stone path as he dodged the various people. He looked around and saw many adorned in cotton and high-quality threads. A few people wore the finest silk and walked around in groups.

Ye Yuyan looked out of place in his black robes, in the western lands the standard was medieval wear. Ye Yuyan's oriental wear attracted some attention of the various groups.

As Ye Yuyan approached the royal tower, he noticed more guards around. He saw a few wandering knights and exorcists.

Then when he finally reached the tower he met an old man in large black armor. On the old man's back was a massive great sword. His body reeked of blood as if it was imprinted on his being. The old man's eyes flashed open as if he examined Ye Yuyan.

"I don't recognize you, who are you?" The old man quizzed as he looked over at Ye Yuyan's satchel. He had noticed the holy symbol on the alcohol gourd.

Ye Yuyan didn't respond and instead closed his eyes. Inside his body, the red lotus bloomed and the single blue leaf released blue essence out of him.

His eyes flashed with a piercing blue light. and the air temperature dropped suddenly. The old man's eyes narrowed, as he reached for his greatsword.

"Demonic power!" The old man laughed as he gripped his great sword defensively.

"My name is Ji Shu, I am a wanderer from the eastern lands. I came across a fallen in a village in the Desolate Range. I expelled the devil and retrieved this gourd from the corpse of the fallen." Ye Yuyan narrated as he carefully probed the old man's responses.

Once Ye Yuyan finished talking he closed his eyes and re-sealed the red lotus. the blue essence returned to the lotus then it wilted and sealed. Ye Yuyan's eyes reopened to their regular shadowy color.

Seeing that Ye Yuyan had deactivated his energy, the old man relaxed. He let go of his grip and motioned to shake Ye Yuyan's hand.

"I thank you for your contributions, we of the noble path must cooperate to protect chivalry!" The old man said amicably as he shook Ye Yuyan's hand. Ye Yuyan responded in turn and shook his hand.

"Without honor what makes us human?" Ye Yuyan responded with a slight smirk. He seemed to radiate the aura of a benevolent immortal, this scene severely contrasted his previous devilishness.

"Indeed, virtue is the difference between beasts and humans. I am Qiu Lu, the order's True Knight. What would you like as a reward?" Qui Lu said not concealing his appreciation of Ye Yuyan.

"I would like to join the Verulyim Code to uphold honor and chivalry." Ye Yuyan instantly responded as he bowed.

"Mm, not often do I see young men of your caliber." Qui Lu said as he stroked his beard.

"Enter the tower and look for Feng Shu. He will show you around and impart the code to you." Qui Lu said as he pushed open the gate to the tower with one hand.

Ye Yuyan bowed kindly once again and then he entered the tower. He walked in and looked around to see massive bookshelves everywhere.

All over were flying books and people jumping around to grab them. He looked up and saw on the ceiling was a gigantic spell circle.

"Anti-gravity magic circle, formed from the blood of a void serpent…." Ye Yuyan mumbled in awe as he looked around. A void serpent was a high-level beast, one that could threaten powerful demon sealers.

"You must be Ji Shu!" A calm voice echoed from behind Ye Yuyan. Ye Yuyan turned around slowly and looked over at the source of the sound.

He saw a young man, in black Neo Victorian clothes. The young man had along his face the tattoo of a snake.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Feng Shu the Arbitrator of the Order appointed by his majesty." Feng Shu said as he did a light bow.

'Arbitrator? Was he appointed to handle the relations between the three orders? If so that is quite a powerful title….' Ye Yuyan calmly analyzed through this man looked young, many high-level experts had very long lives and huge vitalities.

"Since you have chosen to join the Code. I will let you choose 2 combat codes." Feng Shu said as he snapped his fingers and 9-pointed star appeared in the air and directed the star onto Ye Yuyan. Ye Yuyan grabbed it with his right hand and on his palm appeared the holy symbol.

"That symbol will allow you to pick up the books on the first floor. If you want to get to higher floors, you need to accrue achievements." Feng Shu said as he handed Ye Yuyan a black hardcover book. Ye Yuyan took it and put it in his robes.

"For that, you can go to the help desk and get exorcist missions. If you need further instruction you can talk to Qiu Lu. I wish you the best newcomer." Feng Shu laughed as the serpent on his face seemed to come to life and his body completely disappeared.

'To subjugate a void serpent like that, what a monster.' Ye Yuyan couldn't help but feel dread in his hear. With that spell circle and a subjugated void serpent in this tower, Feng Shu can be anywhere instantly. It's no wonder why he became the Arbitrator.

'Well then, they will probably investigate me soon. They shouldn't find any significant info soon.' Ye Yuyan thought as he looked around the room at the flying books.

'Combat Code….' Ye Yuyan mumbled to himself. Combat Code comes in many forms, its purest form is law. Ye Yuyan commands the law of frost through the inscriptions from Illathar's body. Combat Code is about inscribing weapon laws into one's body to command laws.

They come in different grades of 1-9 essences. The first three layers are low-level codes, the second three are mid-level codes, and the last three layers are high-level codes. The more essence a code has the rarer it becomes with 9 layered code reaching a legendary realm.

That kind of code is only owned by extreme experts and legendary beings. But on this floor, the highest-level code was at best 3 essences.

'Sword Code, that's what I need to find.' Ye Yuyan thought with a frown he needs to get strong fast.

11