Chapter 26: Out the Facility
529 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I think this is the exit,” said Aumo as she looked at the map.

 

“Yep, this is it,” confirmed Guardon.

 

It wasn’t a straightforward path, with some turns here and there, but it didn’t take much to get there. Without a map or knowledge of the layout of the place, it really would take a long time to get somewhere.

 

“Do we just walk up the stairs?” asked LisiA.

 

The room wasn’t exactly fancy, being just a big room with a ton lockers and a huge staircase. Nothing could really be seen from the bottom of the staircase, as it was extremely dark at the top, except for a few blinking green and red lights.

 

“Follow me, I’ll show you how to get out,” said Guardon.

 

Aumo and LisiA followed Guardon up the stairs, and Guardon went towards the wall with the blinking lights and pressed on the green light. A click could be heard and the ceiling above them started opening up, and another short flight of staircases formed in front of them.

 

“After a minute or two this opening will close up and it will become hidden again. Getting in isn’t as simple as you need some special device of some kind like this,” explained Guardon, and he then took out a black rectangular card-like thing that didn’t look like anything special, “You somewhat just have to wave it near the entrance and it will open up.”

 

Guardon then made his way out of the facility, and Aumo and LisiA followed suit.

 

When the three got out, Aumo and LisiA realized that they were at the outskirts of the forest they had passed through a week or so back, but on the other side of the city.

 

“Why is the entrance hidden here?” asked Aumo. It was invisible to the naked eye after it closes, and it was also a decent distance away from the city.

 

“It would be problematic if the reformers attacked the city and immediately got into the base,” said Guardon, “Also, while there are no human spies for the reformers, bandits sometimes will still attempt to raid our facilities for the weapons to defend themselves from the reformers and to attack other people.”

 

“So the ‘recruit practically everyone’ meant that there are still people that the Organization won’t recruit?” inferred LisiA.

 

“That is correct. Anyway, this is the fastest I’ve ever gotten out of the facility. I have a lot more time to get back than before, but it’s still barely enough time. I have to go!” said Guardon, “See you all later! If you’re going through the back door, tell the guard that you are a member of the Organization!”

 

Before Aumo or LisiA said bye, Guardon immediately left to make his way towards the city. 

 

“How much authority do the higher-ups have to make the Head Guard of the city make a mad dash back?” questioned Aumo as she watched Guardon run back.

 

“Head Guard may not really mean much if that is the case then,” replied LisiA, “Though it does seem like a lot of work to be one.”

 

Aumo and LisiA then slowly made their way back, while wondering how the government works in this day and age.

 

“We should probably go check if there is a library or something,” suggested Aumo.

 

The two then slowly made their way back to Yuhsar.

 

------------- 

 

During their way back, Aumo was reminded of the fact that she was wearing a skirt after some wind blew during their walk. She didn’t really pay much mind to it in the facility since nothing really felt out of place, but the breezy feeling was weird.

 

You’ll get used to it…

 

Ria echoed in her head again. Ria sounded like she was having fun. 

 

------------- 

 

Aumo and LisiA eventually made it back to the city and greeted the guards guarding the back gate of the city. Unlike the front gate, there were a lot more people here, probably due to the fact that there weren’t really any cities in the direction that the front gate was facing.

 

LisiA told one of the Guards that they were members of the Organization, and the Guards let them pass through a door that was near the gate into the city, but somewhere that the people that were passing through the gate couldn’t see as there is a risk of them raising complaints.

 

“Where do you think a library would be?” asked Aumo as she entered the city with LisiA.

 

“We have a map,” said LisiA, and she promptly took out the map of the city from her storage. 

 

Upon looking at the map, no library was shown on it. There were some bookstores here and there, but no libraries could be seen.

 

“No libraries?” said Aumo as she looked at the map.

 

“There isn’t even a library icon on the legend,” noted LisiA, “But if I remember correctly, the Guilds in the past had libraries built into their buildings.”

 

“Shall we check?” asked Aumo.

 

They had spent at most 2 getting to the facility, navigating through it, and getting out so there was still a lot of time left. The sun hasn’t set yet, but it is close to as Aumo was used as a dress-up doll for quite some time.

 

“There is still time today. Let’s go,” said LisiA.

 

Going from the back gate of the city to the center of the city was a straight road, but due to the size of the city, it did take quite some time.

 

Upon arrival to the Adventurers Guild, a lot of people could be seen lined up in front of the reception desks inside. 

 

“I’m guessing that this is the usual time that adventurers give in their finished quests,” said Aumo, “But where do we go to ask for the library?”

 

When Aumo and LisiA went in, they looked around for a bit, and then a huge sign on the wall attracted their attention.

 

“LIBRARY”

 

“Well, if there’s anything to learn from that giant sign, that doorway probably is to the library,” said LisiA, “And that most of the rooms are labeled too.”

 

It didn’t really take much to realize that the rooms were labeled, as many of the doorways had signs on them. There were also diagrams that indicated which floors had what, and which rooms were for public use, and which rooms could be rented.

 

“So this is why the building is so big,” said Aumo, “The library takes up all the floors too!”

 

“Time to update our outdated knowledge,” said LisiA.

 

Aumo and LisiA then entered the library.

 

The two of them never were the type to read a lot of books...

 

Status:

 

-----------------------------

Name: Aumo

Core Level:8

XP: 5/300

Status: Normal

HP: 2200/2200

MP: 1200/1200 

MP Stored: 153

-----

Skills: Mana Manipulation, Mana Sight, Mana Sense, Mana Analysis, Levitation, Mana Vibration, Small Fireball, Ice Throw, Air Slash, Body Reinforcement, Body Strengthening

Upgrades: None


I feel like every single game I’ve played these past 2 weeks are pitying me in some way, letting me hit the lowest chances in the gachas. While I’m doing school work, I play Priconne and Arknights in the background, which is probably why I don’t finish them as quickly as I could. That tends to make me rush a bit. I also tend to read translated novels and manga/manhua/manhwa while doing homework. Those take up a lot of time.

 

That aside, I got on today to check if there were any new comments, and there was an extremely long comment from Sviatosha on the previous chapter about how to manage my time and improve my writing. Thinking about it, it would actually work out pretty well so I will try it. Whenever I write a new chapter, I tend to go back to the previous chapters to attempt to keep things consistent, but my time management for these chapters are a bit… bad. That’s a lie, it is horrendous. I will attempt the strategy of writing a little bit everyday, and let’s see if the quality will go up. I already write a lot on a daily basis as I write a lot of broken code for my class. It’s a wonder how I’m passing with a pretty okay score.

 

My eyes are blurring. Send help.

17