Chapter 2 – Erase The Doctor
1.7k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

"Skull completely replaced.  Any problems with integration?"  Shyla asked as she placed the last titanium plate in her specimen's head.  Tandy watched the data.

"Other then pain being transmitted due to the trauma, the patient has all previous motor controls."  Tandy checked the information again.  "Nothing is interrupted."  Shyla pursed her lips.

"Time to set in the interface.  With its fibre optic cables and silicon components, the interface should integrate more naturally, and without making the nerves sensitive to its presence.  Each nerve will have to be sealed separately, but it will be worth it for my girls."  Tandy smiled as Shyla talked to herself.  She was also included in that statement.  Shyla often referred to her as one of her girls.

"The cord is made up of individual fibre bundles, just like a cable, and each runs to the proper place, while the brain stem coordinates the signals from the rest of the brain.  The brain stem is the interface."  Tandy said in a whisper.

"Yes, but no doctor would put it in those terms directly.  Since we are looking for something else,  we will use those terms.  Setting up the interface guidance and alignment.  Check the alignment on the computer, doctor."  She slotted a device onto the back of her patient's now metal skull.

"Turn adjustment screw A counterclockwise by thirty degrees."  She waited and nodded.  "Excellent.  The program identifies the amount of adjustment necessary to allow for a proper seating of the interface.  Screw B clockwise ten degrees.  That's it.  Let me change perspectives so I can see it being seated."

"How's the view?"  Shyla asked her.

"Quite good.  Side view, with markers, lights for warnings, and an auto stop mode.  Shall I engage the auto stop mode?"  Shyla shook her head.  "Why not?"

"We'll go slowly, and turn the depth meter ninety degrees with each adjustment.  At the last turn, I'll reduce the amount to a miniscule number, and see if the computer can warn me in enough time.  I might need to make adjustments to the system, and on a trial run, I don't want to go for the whole ball of wax."  Shyla explained her reasons, but Tandy believed she just wanted to be the one who either caused her patient to die, or see when he did.  They didn't expect him to survive the initial tests of the interface, but she had twenty other specimens to experiment on, and plenty more to come in the future.

 

 

"It happened just like you thought it would.  His brain couldn't handle the initial engagement of the interface."  Tandy said quietly as Shyla snuggled against her chest.  This was their break time when they would analyze the procedure, and decide how to approach it in the future.  However, this was also an intimate time for them both.  Shyla enjoyed being close to this older woman, while Tandy grew more fond of her day by day.

They couldn't have sex as Shyla's grandfather had eyes on the entire lab, but that didn't stop the girl from getting closer.

"I think it was all the other operations prior to that.  Skull removal without pain meds.  That meant peeling his face away, along with all the facial muscles.  Perhaps we should do the top, sides, and back only next time.  Once that is healed up, then operate and remove the facial bones, replacing them with interconnected titanium ones.  We don't want to use the new scaffolding tech to grow new bone tissues though.  That can cause bone spurs to grow, and what I want is the armor, not the bone."  Shyla groaned.

"I know, baby.  Lots of things to consider.  Like how to run the nerves for the facial muscle groups."  Tandy said quietly, and let the girl rub her face on her chest.  She certainly was a spoiled young woman.

"Small silicone lined channels."  She said quietly.  Tandy smiled.  "We can use the fibre optic cables as transmitter wires from the interface that interacts with the brain stem, and send the information direct, or use the interface.  I'm sure we should use the host's nervous system for basic things like facial muscles, but perhaps work in a backup system.  The removal of the thick skull bone gives us an opportunity to utilize a lot of augments, and new system upgrades.  If the hardware installed is easily replaced with upgraded versions as our technology increases in complexity, previously converted units can be upgraded over time."  She looked up at Tandy.

"What's wrong?"

"He's watching us."  Shyla said in a low voice.  Tandy frowned.

"Our behavior, or our tech?"  Shyla lowered her face again.

"Both.  I protected our systems from intrusion, and found traces of hacking.  They can't get through as I built my systems to be better than his.  However, I need to move it out of here.  Before he sends in a team to take it."  Shyla said sadly.  She really enjoyed her time with Tandy.

"When?"

"A few days is all I have.  The data has already been uploaded offsite via a protected network he isn't aware of.  There is a new lab, with better equipment already there.  Tonight, I'll move the tech that is too sensitive to let him have."  She looked up at her again.  "I'll be back for you in two days."  Tandy lightly stroked her cheek.

"He won't let me go, baby."

"I know, but he doesn't have a choice.  If he becomes my enemy, I'll remove him."

 

 

"She just left, sir."  George nodded, and picked up his phone.

"It's a go."  George waited for the reply.

"Then erase the doctor.  Dismember her first, and put a bullet in her brain.  Let my granddaughter know who her real enemy is."  George nodded, and closed the line.  He closed his eyes for only a few seconds.

"It's time, boys.  Take everything from the lab.  Hold the doctor and put her on the operating table.  Dismember her first, then put a bullet in her head."  They looked at George.

"He knows what this will cause, doesn't he?"  George looked firmly at his man.

"Yes.  It's part of the plan.  No more discussion.  We can't be here when she returns, or she'll kill everyone here.  Me included."

That was one thing George was certain of.  That girl learned many methods of combat, and altered them using her intellect.  She added extensive medical knowledge, along with knowledge of engineering principles, including leverage.  He was a three hundred pound man with combat experience, thick bones, and heavy muscle lining his frame.  She broke his arm during training.

If she returned while they were executing the doctor, she would execute them without a second thought.

 

45