Interlude- the Aftermath
630 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A crisp slap was heard in the Student Council room as Sona slapped Rias, an expression of anger on her face as her glasses slipped to the end of her nose. “Why, Rias?! Why did you let him die?! He was a self-confirmed pervert, you could have tempted him into it with your bodies but instead you let someone with his power get killed, when you could have easily got him into your peerage or even, stop it and indebted him to you!”

Rias held her face in shock. “You-you slapped me!” She yelled in anger and shock. No one had ever hit her even when she was destroying the house using the Power of Destruction. 

Soma fixed her glasses, glaring at Rias. “That is what you are focused on right now, that I slapped you?! Rias, we have enslaved the successor to the entire three faction’s ancestors. The Original Demons and the Archangel’s alone would be an issue because of the angels but if he has the Darkness’s power…” Sona shivered at the thought. The stories that they had heard of the power that the Darkness held and what she could do, brought dread to Sona.

Rias let off a naive, smug smile, as if everything was going her way. “But Sona, now that he is our pawn, we control him. I can easily get him to release us from servanthood by dangling my boobs in front of him. If that doesn’t work, after he beats Riser, I can just kill him or tell my brother to kill him, you know that that sis-con would do anything for me.” 

Sona squinted her eyes behind her glasses. “Rias, he killed people who were able to get close to the Darkness corpse, which should have devoured them, do you really think that we could kill him or even your brother? You do know that your Power of Destruction is from one of the 4 Original Demon’s, right? He might not be at their level, but I am sure that he has immunity to his own abilities, not unlike yourself.”

“But…” Rias began to say, before her eyes turned into pinpricks and her face contorted in fear. “There are no buts, Rias. You lied to me and used me.  You could have, at the very least, asked me my opinion before you went and allowed his murder!” Sona yelling at the end. “Now, we are stuck as his servants because you wanted to manipulate me and someone that you could have easily seduced into your peerage.”
Rias looked down at the floor in regret. “I’m sorry, Sona.”

Sona scoffed, “You saying sorry doesn’t change anything, Rias.” Sona walked past Rias, sitting down in the Student Council President seat. “Leave now, Rias.” Sona said, anger clear in her voice.

Rias eyes watered and she walked to the door, her head down, and her shoulders squared in sadness. Through her manipulative ways, she had lost the respect and love of her friend, someone that she had known since childhood. She closed the door, her face wrought with grief.

As the door closed, Sona put her shaking hands onto her desk and took a deep shaky breath. ‘How was she going to do this?’ She thought in fear at Issei and anger at Rias. 

She went over all that Issei had said in her head, picking up on something that Issei had said or rather, hadn’t said.

She wiped her eyes, fixed her glasses, set her face and put her hand on a magic circle paper on her desk. She infused the paper with magic, summoning a chibi version of her sister.

“Sonaaaa~, have you finally realized the truth that is our Ecchi Ecchi, sibling bond!”, a perky, peppy voice said.

Sona sighed in disappointment, muttering, “Every time.”, before clearing her throat. “Serafall, we need to talk about the Fallen leader, Kokabiel.” This would be her way to ensure that Issei didn’t come to hate her.

8