Post on SummonCentral by Ashley4593
1.6k 16 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So uh. Hi. I’m a first time poster on the forum, and it’s going to be a long one so let me give you a bit of background on me first.

This isn’t my regular account as you can probably tell from all those numbers in the username, and I won’t be using my real name because this is the internet. For now, you can call me Ashley. I hadn’t had any contact with magic outside of fiction before this week, which now that I’m “in the know” kind of blows my mind, it’s not like it’s actually hidden all that well. Anyway, I stumbled across the SummonCentral forums for the first time a few days ago, and to be honest at first it all seemed like some kind of elaborate fantasy roleplay thing? But I looked through some of the introductory threads and the evidence was convincing, so I decided I’d test it out for myself. Here’s a handy tip for all the other newbies out there: READ THE INTRODUCTIONS TO THE END. There’s some important bits at the bottom that would have saved me a whole heap of trouble. But I digress. 

I wasn’t fully convinced anything would happen, but I figured if I was going to go to all the trouble of attempting a summoning circle I should go for something reasonably impressive. Not start out with something small like an imp or a spirit, oh no; I decided I’d skip ahead and start with a Lesser Fae! I had a wish I’d been hoping to have fulfilled for a long time you see, and if everything had gone to plan...

I can already hear the more experienced members of the forum Cringing at that particular decision. Don’t worry.

It gets MUCH worse!

So I had a look through all the different threads on summoning Lesser Fae and picked a summing circle that looked reasonable, bought myself all the ingredients (I still have no idea what the goats cheese was for, but wow that stuff smells) and laid everything out as best I could.

Did I follow the golden rule of triple checking I’d gotten everything correct? Clearly, you haven’t picked up on the tone of this post yet.

I couldn’t tell you what the mistake I made with the circle was, but i CAN tell you it somehow changed the summoning target from a Lesser Fae to a full grown Succubus.

Yes, the third most difficult type of demon to summon.

But ah, I can hear you all telling me to back up a step; aren’t I forgetting something? And of course, you’re right! As anyone who has read any of those introductory posts all the way to the end can tell you, your first step in any summoning should be to select a control circle you can connect to your summoning circle, which can divert the thaumic energies away safely and ensure you have control over whatever you summon.

Canny readers will have noticed an issue here.

Those protective circles are described at the end of the introductory posts... but as previously stated, I didn’t read to the end. So, what did I use for my protective circle?

Nothing!

How am I not dead?

No idea!

So. Cards on the table, dropping the coy act: here’s what happened.

I activated my shoddy, completely unshielded summoning circle and for a moment I thought it had worked! It lit up blood red and everything! (Disclaimer: if your summoning circle turns blood red, contact your doctor; you’re likely about to require their services!).

Then I caught fire.

Not “the circle caught fire”. I caught fire.

0/10, would not recommend. The best part of that experience was passing out from the pain, and that took several minutes. Don’t try this at home, kids.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up a few hours later, still alive. At first, I thought my body was covered in burns; every piece of skin on my arms was a bright cherry red, and my fingernails seemed to have been blackened by the fire.

Then I looked down.

Now I left a particular detail out of my little biography back at the start of this post. I’m a Trans woman (she/her), and I’ve known that for years, but I’ve never been confident enough to do anything about it. I’d been planning on using that Fae wish to ease my transition along with a little magic; nothing enormous, just make things more effective than usual.

So you can understand my shock when I looked down to find I had Breasts. The same cherry red as the skin of my arms (and the rest of my body for that matter), and standing to attention in utter defiance of gravity. I was so surprised my tail shot out behind me like something out of a cartoon!

Yes, I have a tail now. And wings. And horns. And hard black nails that could, if you were feeling charitable, be called claws. Not to mention that red skin.

I’d somehow become the very succubus I was attempting (albeit inadvertently) to summon.

So, here we at long last come to the reason for my post. In a way, this is my wish fulfilled; this body is everything I could have dreamed of and more. Unfortunately, it also means leaving my apartment outside of Halloween is... ill-advised. Obviously this isn’t a huge problem at the moment, with COVID and all, but it’s still less than ideal. So there’s two topics I hope to discuss in the replies!

1. Does anyone have any advice on disguising myself so I can leave the house? Both magical and mundane methods welcome!

2. I accidentally turned myself into a succubus by practising Unprotected Summoning. Ask Me Anything!

-This post was archived after reaching the 1,000 reply limit. To view replies in full, click here.-

68