Chapter 11: The End of Naomi?
177 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naomi's vision began to blurr, as she was on the verge of passing out. Her eyes began to glisten with tears, from the traumatic sight of her former friend, as she stood over her preparing to kill her without hesitation. 

"To be honest, there's still a part of me that hates to see you this way, Naomi, but there's just no turning back now. Rest in peace!" said Jaakuna, as she plunged her blade down towards Naomi.

Naomi closed her eyes, as she accepted her fate. Time seemed to be going by in slow motion as her life flashed before her eyes. "I guess this is it.. I really had hoped to get alot further than this, but I guess this was as far as I was meant to go. You really are something, Jaakuna. Always achieving your goals. I couldn't stop you. Maybe you were right. Maybe I'm just too naive." thought Naomi. She began to remember the more pleasant times of being an FBI agent with Jaakuna. She remembered how Jaakuna saved her life countless times in various missions, and how they were the ultimate tag team. She wanted her final thoughts of her former friend to be that of the strong, but kind woman she always respected; not the monster of a woman that stood above her today.

The blade was inches away from piercing Naomi's heart, but just before it did, Jaakuna was suddenly kicked off of Naomi, by a mysterious person. "Ngh.. What the? Who the hell are you?" said Jaakuna as she looked at the new foe.

It was none other than Tokunori-sensei. " Sorry to interrupt, but I won't let you go any further. I had a bad feeling about letting Naomi-san go off to fight, without completing her training, so I decided to stop by. Luckily, Naomi-san was in such a panic that she blurted out the address before coming here." said Tokunori. He looked over at the battered and bruised Naomi ,who had finally completely lost consciousness.  "I take it your Jaakuna. Naomi-san told me all about you. What a horrible thing to do, to someone who has such respect and admiration for you. Even as she mustered up the resolve to stop your selfish ambitions, her heart was breaking in two, at the thought of having to face you." said Tokunori, as he picked her up and put her in a safer location in the corner of the warehouse. 

"Heh heh heh, I don't know who you think you are, but you've got some nerve to try and lecture me. That's between me and her, so I suggest you mind your own business, and worry about yourself, old man. After all, you've just stumbled into the lion's den." said Jaakuna.

"Such arrogance. That will surely be your downfall, young lady. Naomi-san may have lost to you today, but you saw for yourself, did you not. She has gotten extremely powerful. The rate of her growth is astounding. She will surpass you, and defeat you." said Tokunori. 

"Ha ha ha, Then I guess I better finish her off now, huh. You talk as if I'm just gonna let you waltz right out of here with her, after getting in my way. Sorry gramps, but it doesn't work like that. I finish what I start, always!" said Jaakuna as she lunged towards Tokunori. 

Jaakuna attacked Tokunori with a flurry of sword slashes and kicks, only for every single one to be dodged and parried. "Good technique, your movements are swift and precise, and each attack is delivered with intent to kill.  Indeed, I can see why Naomi-san was having trouble with you, however.." said Tokunori as he grabbed Jaakuna's leg in the middle of her kick. " Your unrestrained way of fighting is not without it's gaps." he said as he tossed Jaakuna to the side.

"Damn. Who is he? Not even one attack landed. What's going on? What type of trick is he using?" thought Jaakuna. "Not bad, old man, maybe I can get some entertainment from you after all." Jaakuna pressed a white button on the hilt of her doomsaber, and suddenly a huge gust of wind filled the warehouse. "Try to block this one, if you can!" she said as she swung her saber. Tokunori quickly dodged the blade, as a giant slice instantly formed from the ceiling, and down the wall, nearly slicing the warehouse into two separate halves. "My unrestrained way of fighting has gaps does it? I guess you're right. You'll have one big gap goin straight down the middle, when I'm through with you." laughed Jaakuna.

Tokunori knew that he couldn't risk an all out battle in a location like this, given that Naomi was unable to protect herself. He looked at Naomi in the corner of his eye, as she layed unconscious on the ground. " I have no intention of disrespecting Naomi-san's wishes. You're her friend, so I'll let her be the one to deal with you." said Tokunori.

"Oh, please. Not that nonsense again. Don't make me repeat myself. You're not going anywhere!" said Jaakuna, as she pressed the orange button on the hilt of her saber. A bright flame engulfed the blade of her saber, as she swung it towards Tokunori. As a huge flame attack rushed towards Tokunori, he blitzed out of the way with an incredible speed, while the attack blew a giant scorched hole in the wall. Jaakuna had lost sight of the man, but suddenly located him standing next to Naomi. Tokunori slipped Naomi's arm onto his shoulder, and began to carry her. 

"I feel bad for you. I've only just met you, and I can tell that you're not just some psychopath. There's a deep-seated hatred and darkness that lies in your heart. Naomi-san will be the one to deal with you, I just hope that she can do so with the least amount of suffering." said Tokunori as he prepared to escape with Naomi.

"How long do you plan on spouting all that nonsensical gibberish to yourself? Like you can actually understand me. Don't make me laugh!" said Jaakuna as she rushed towards Tokunori and Naomi. Jaakuna fired another flame attack, but Tokunori blitzed out of sight. "Huh, he disappeared? You can't escape!" she said as her saber glowed with an orange and white aura. She pointed her saber upward, and suddenly the entire warehouse exploded into pieces. She looked around , but Tokunori and Naomi were nowhere to be found.

"Damn it.. They got away. Who was that old man? He obviously knew her. Come to think of it, Naomi did mention that she was trained at some dojo... So that's it then. That must be her sensei, which explains why she was able to get to that level so fast." Jaakuna smirked excitedly, as a drop of sweat trickled down her face at the thought of Naomi getting any stronger. "If that's the way you want it, then fine, I accept the challenge, Naomi. Just don't be shocked when you find that you're not the only one that can get stronger." said Jaakuna with a menacing grin. She gazed up at the sky, as her hair waved in the wind, and her jacket blew open; exposing her ample chest, as she proudly stood with it poked out.  Jaakuna quickly brushed off the frustration of letting her foe escape, and felt a sense of pride at actually having to put forth effort into training herself for Naomi's inevitable new level of strength. Well, a sense of pride mixed with malicious intent, as she began to remember her past and why she chose to take this twisted evil path to begin with.

To be continued:

Next time: Flashback-Good vs Evil, who is the real Jaakuna?

Author's Notes: We get a glimpse of Tokunori sensei's skills. This is the first time in the story, Jaakuna is seen facing anybody stronger and more experienced than herself, besides perhaps her boss, Miakumi.

 

0