Chapter 17: The Demon, Jaakuna, is Born!
98 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jaakuna and Naomi had become legends amongst other psia agents. They were very successful in their careers, and became quite wealthy. They decided it was time to move out of the apartment, and buy their dream houses. While the girls no longer lived together, they still stayed quite close, and remained the ultimate tag team in their missions. However, things would take a turn for the worst, after receiving a call from Okinawa hospital. Jaakuna had just come home from a mission, as her phone began to ring. She instantly recognized that it was from Okinawa hospital, as an extreme feeling of unease overwhelmed her.

"Hello?" said Jaakuna nervously.

"Yes, this is Dr. Oyama. If possible, I would like to speak with you. It's... about your mother." said Dr. Oyama, with a very somber tone.

"Ok.. I'll be there, as soon as I can." said Jaakuna.

Jaakuna arrived at the hospital, and immediately met with Dr. Oyama.

"Look, I won't lie to you. You're mother's condition is getting worse, every day. We've tried everything. She is now on the ventilator, as her lungs no longer function properly. I'm afraid at this rate, she doesn't have much longer." said Dr. Oyama.

"No. I won't accept that! There must be something you can do. What about the lung transplant?" said Jaakuna. 

"Yes, well.. That's what I wanted to talk you about. The only way to save her, would be to perform a lung transplant. However..."

"However, what?" said Jaakuna, in frustration.

"I'm afraid, for a procedure of that magnitude, we would have to fly her out of the country, to ensure the procedure has the best chance of success. Unfortanately, the insurance would not cover this, and would have to be paid out of pocket, in one lump sum." 

"Fine.. I'll pay for it. Just do it!" said Jaakuna. 

"Ms. Warasaki, a procedure like this would cost $200,000 in one payment. Can you really afford that?" said Dr. Oyama.

"You've got to be kidding. How can you expect anyone to pay that all at once? My mother is going to die, you greedy bastards." screamed Jaakuna.

"Now calm down, Ms. Warasaki. I understand your frustration, but.."

"Oh, you'll understand my frustration, alright. I have my connections. You'll make sure you save my mother, or you'll be out of business, I promise you!" said Jaakuna as she walked into her mother's room.

Her mother was unconscious on the ventilator, as Jaakuna held her hand.

"It's not you're time yet, mom. You can't go. You promised me, that you would see me grow up into a successful woman. I'm finally doing it. I'm finally taking a path that I'm proud of, so why can't you be here with me to enjoy it." said Jaakuna, as her eyes filled with regret.

"I can't stand him, but I need his help. If I combine my resources, with Dad's, I'm sure we can make this work. I promise, mom." said Jaakuna, as she left the hospital. 

Jaakuna went to the Onihito headquarters to meet with her father, and was met by Javerius's right hand man, Quan.

"I need to speak with, Javerius Warasaki. He's here isn't he?" said Jaakuna.

"I'm afraid I can't allow you to see the master. He is a very busy man. Clearly you lack manners, young lady. I don't even know who you are." said Quan. 

Jaakuna grabbed Quan, by the collor of his shirt, and pulled him closer to her face. "Well, allow me to introduce myself.  I'm Jaakuna Warasaki, and the last person you'll ever see, if you don't let me see my father." said Jaakuna sternly. 

Quan's eyes opened wide, as he realized she was Javerius's daughter.

"Oh uh, Ms. Jaakuna,  my humblest apologies. I haven't seen you, since you were a little girl. I didn't recognize you. Right this way." said Quan, as sweat dripped off his forehead.

"Now, that's more like it." said Jaakuna, as she released him. 

Quan led Jaakuna to the top of the building, and let her into Javerius's office. 

"Well, well, well. It's unusual for you to come visit your father, Jaakuna. What's brought this on?" said Javerius.

"Look, spare the casual tone with me. You and I aren't like that, and we never will be. However, as much as I hate to admit it, I do need your help." said Jaakuna.

"Oh? After all this time, after claiming to wanting to take your own path, you come at me with favors. You do realize, how weak that makes you look? Truly, disappointing." said Javerius.

"Trust me, if it weren't absolutely necessary, I wouldn't. However, this isn't just for me, this is for mom.  You know, your wife! She needs a lung transplant, but the hospital won't cover her procedure, unless it's all payed in one lump sum. With my job as a PSIA agent, I can't afford that all at once, so I need you to help me deal with this." said Jaakuna.

"You mean the job, that you gave up my empire for? Ironic, that you would be coming to me, about financial matters now isn't it? Well, unfortanately, I refuse. Natasha is no longer of any use to me. I have more pressing matters to tend to. This is a crucial time, and I can't let anything distract me, that includes Natasha or even you." said Javerius.

"No longer of any use to you? Just what are we to you, besides just some pawns to achieve your goals? Why are you so determined to prove you're the worst scumbag on earth?" said Jaakuna, as she rammed her fists on his desk.

"You can think of me, however you like. As long as Onihito acheive's it's goals, nothing else matters." said Javerius, as he clasped his fingers together.

"Enough, if you don't agree to help mom, I'll kill you right here."  said Jaakuna, furiously.

"Heh, heh, heh.. At least you've learned to be quite assertive, when it comes to getting what you want, but don't bother. You're in the middle of a yakuza faction. I could easily have every member in this building attack you, along with myself. You're strong, but don't be an idiot." said Javerius.

"Tch.. If mom dies, her blood is on your hands! I swear to god, I'll make you pay for this one day, and it'll be when you least expect it. Forget karma, I'll haunt and torture you,  for the rest of your miserable, pathetic life, until I decide to end it." said Jaakuna, as she left the office.

"Hmph..Truly, frightening indeed.  Such a menacing aura. You would've been the perfect successor, Jaakuna. It realy is a shame." said Javerius, as an evil, but proud grin spread across his face. 

The next few days, Jaakuna and Naomi continued their missions. Naomi had noticed that, Jaakuna was much colder and distant than usual. 

"Man, that was a tough one today. Hey, Jaakuna, after work, we should go to the mall today. They just opened up this new store." said Naomi.

"I can't.. I've got some things I gotta take care of."  said Jaakuna.

"Oh, ok. Maybe some other time." said Naomi, as her eyes were filled with a gloomy curiosity, to what was on Jaakuna's mind.

"Yeah.. See ya." said Jaakuna, nonchalantly.

"I wonder what's gotten into her, lately?" said Naomi.

Jaakuna had went to visit her mother every day, since she found out the news about her condition. However, Natasha was still unable to speak, as her condition became worse every day. Jaakuna's heart filled with sorrow and rage, at the site of the person who loved her most, as her condition slowly deteriorated. Jaakuna's mood became fouler and fouler, to the point that, it started to affect her work. Her and Naomi were dealing with a stock exchange attack, and had tracked down a bunch of dangerous cyber criminals. Naturally, they easily apprehended the crew, but upon their interrogation, Jaakuna began to take it too far.

"Gaah!, I swear, that's all I know. We were simply ordered to attack the stock market, in exchange for a huge monetary reward. We were simply hired gun." said the cyber criminal, as his head was being crushed underneath Jaakuna's boot.

"Yeah? And? Who hired you, you piece of scum?" said Jaakuna. 

"I-I don't know... Gaaaah!!" screamed the criminal, as Jaakuna pushed her foot down even harder.

"Don't screw with me, you piece of shit. How do you not know who hired you? I guess you don't really value your life do you?" said Jaakuna, as she pulled out her desert eagle. 

"Heeey, take it easy, Jaakuna. There's no need to go that far. Just arrest him, and we can take it from there." said Naomi, trying to calm Jaakuna down.

"Ha. Don't be so soft. Pieces of trash like this, don't deserve any second chances. If he refuses to cooperate, than I have no further use for him." said Jaakuna, with a soulless look in her eyes, as her finger slowly began to push down on the trigger.

"N-No00! Please stop! I don't wanna die! I swear, I don't know anything!" 

"That's enough!" Naomi said, as she grabbed Jaakuna's hand. "What's gotten into you? This is no way for a PSIA agent to behave." 

"Get your hand off of me, Naomi. Now.." said Jaakuna, as she glared at Naomi, with an intense bloodlusted look.

"Put your gun away, now. The guy's unarmed. What are you trying to prove?  Just calm down!" said Naomi, as she glared into Jaakuna's eyes, with unwavering focus.

"Tch.. Whatever. Do what you want. I couldn't care less." said Jaakuna as she yanked her hand away from Naomi, and put her gun back into her holster. 

Naomi put handcuffs on the frightened criminal, as he breathed heavily from almost losing his life. Naomi looked at Jaakuna, as she stood with her back turned, and arms folded. Naomi's eyes filled with sadness, as she could see her friend was slowly losing her mind, but she didn't know why. Naomi had planned to confront her about it, but for now just focused on arresting the cyber criminals. 

That gloomy night, it was a full moon. Jaakuna went to visit her mom, once again at the hospital. "If you can hear me, I'm sorry that it turned out this way, mom. If only I were stronger. If only. Then you wouldn't be suffering like this right now. All that training, and becoming a psia agent, was for nothing if I can't protect the woman who gave me everything I am." said Jaakuna, as she held her Natasha's hand. "I tried mom, I really tried, but I couldn't get the necessary funds for your transplant. This horrible world we live in today, I'll do something to change it, I promise. I'll make sure that poor excuse of a father, pays his part in this too. Thank you. Thank you so much, for everything you've done for me. Soon, I.."

Jaakuna's speech was nearly finished, but suddenly the heart monitoring machine, beeped a continuous straight tone. Natasha had passed away. Instead of breaking into a sob, Jaakuna simply looked at her mother, with a single tear rolling down from her eye. Jaakuna placed her hand on her mother's face. "Goodbye, mom.. Thank you. The sacrifices you made. They weren't for nothing. I'll make sure that they weren't." said Jaakuna, with an eerie calmness. Dr. Oyama and a few nurses were in the room, trying to stabalize Natasha's condition, but it was too late. 

"I'm... Sorry for your loss." said Dr. Oyama, as he placed a hand on Jaakuna's shoulder.

".... I suggest you not touch me." said Jaakuna, with a cold, but calm tone, as she continued to look at her mother's lifeless face.

Dr. Oyama removed his hand, and didn't say anything further, to allow Jaakuna to grieve. Jaakuna decided to take a walk, in the moonlit night, to gather herself. She was in a strange state, one that she couldn't explain. Her chest was boiling with rage and sorrow, but outwardly she could not bring herself to show them. Her face was blank, and her eyes were opened eerily wide, barely blinking; as she paced slowly along the sidewalk. She found a place to sit, on the roof of a large beach house, that was not in use. She sat under the clear starry sky, that was illuminated by the full moon, as she gazed upon the rushing waves of the ocean. The wind blew her hair to the side, as thoughts filled her mind of all the different ways, she could end her father's life. Suddenly, a group of about 10 bikers, circled the large house she was standing on. 

"What's crackin, hot mama, why don't you come down from there, and mess with a real man?" said the lead biker. 

Jaakuna's soulless eyes, slowly shifted towards the biker, and back at the ocean, ignoring them. 

"Hey, you bitch, you better listen to the boss when he's talking to you!"  said one of his lackeys, as the leader put his hand out to put him back in line.

"Ya know, I like a girl with attitude. What's your name, sweet thing?" said the lead biker.

"Beat it.. I'm in a really foul mood, so if you value your life, then get the hell away from me." said Jaakuna, with her emotionless stare.

"Ohhhh.. We got ourselves a fiesty one, fellas. Seems your daddy failed to teach you any manners!" said the learder, as he pulled out a knife. 

"..... Big mistake. Don't you ever mention my father." said Jaakuna, as her eyes opened  extremely wide, and became bloodshot.

Suddenly a cold breeze filled the area, as Jaakuna's hair blew aggresively in the wind. The biker's didn't know what it was, but they could feel the sudden shift of bloodlust in the air, as they started to shiver from the drop in temperature.

"H..Hey! What is this? Wh-What the hell are you?!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!"  screamed the bikers.

It was over in an instant.  Jaakuna had blacked out, for what had to have been only a couple of seconds at best, but she was suddenly kneeling down, in a puddle of blood with dead bodies of the bikers surrounding her. Her breathing was extremely heavy, from exhaustion, as she wondered what had just happened. She heard footsteps approaching her, as she looked up to see a tall and curvaceous woman, approaching her, as her spiky brown hair blew in the wind.

"Truly.. magnificent. Such raw, destructive power. I take it, that was your true identity, Jaakuna Warasaki." said the woman. 

"And who the hell are you? What do you mean true identity?" said Jaakuna.

"Heh, heh, heh.  My name is Miakumi. You'll come to understand everything, in due time. You see, I've had my eye on you for quite some time now. You're Javerius's daughter, aren't you?" said Miakumi.

" You know my father? So you're a member of the yakuza, then?" said Jaakuna.

"No. Afraid not. In fact, you could say, I'm an enemy of the yakuza. I'm currently putting together a group of my own. Someone of your caliber, would be a great fit. What do you say, Jaakuna Warasaki?"  said Miakumi.

"Heh, heh, heh, heh. Not interested. I don't know what your beef is with my pops, but I plan to do things my way. You've got guts, approaching me randomly like this. You just happened to catch me on the wrong night." said Jaakuna, as she lunged forward, to attack Miakumi. Suddenly, just before her kick could connect, Miakumi vanished and was suddenly seen sitting casually on one of the bodies that Jaakuna killed. 

"What? I lost sight of her? I know I timed that attack perfectly, and yet, somehow I couldn't react. What's going on?" said Jaakuna, as she looked at Miakumi.

"You look confused. Don't be. As strong as you are, you still have much room to grow. Join me, Jaakuna, and I can unlock your true potential. Nothing will be able to stand in your way, not even Javerius." said Miakumi.

"And why should I trust you? Give me one good reason." said Jaakuna.

"I think someone of your intellect, can tell that I'm far more powerful than you. I will teach you everything I know. Besides, if you act on your own against Javerius as you are now, you would likely lose your life. Deep in your heart, as much as you don't want to accept that, you know I'm telling the truth. You have nothing to lose. Join me, Jaakuna, and be a member of Kurai Yohei. Together we can put a stop to this madness. Or do you want to continue to live in a world, where cursed filth like these bikers and your father continue to stay on top." said Miakumi, as she kicked one of the dead bodies to the side.

Jaakuna thought for a moment, as her eyes gazed in the sky. She knew how strong, Javerius was, and was not foolish enough to attack him head on. She also considered, the possibility, that Javerius would try to kidnap her, or even attempt to assassinate her, after the way she threatened him. While Jaakuna was not keen on the idea of working under a stranger, she saw merit to the woman's proposal. Suddenly a menacing grin appeared, on Jaakuna's face, as she began to chuckle, followed by a full on laugh.

"HmHmHmHmHm. Hahahahahaha! Interesting. Ok, Miakumi. You've piqued my interest. I'll join your group, on one condition. Javerius is my prey, and mine alone. No one touches him, but me." said Jaakuna.

"Very well, I can accomodate that condition. So we have a deal then. Here's my card. I'll be in close contact with you very soon. Jaakuna Warasaki." said Miakumi, as she tossed her card, with the location and contact info to Jaakuna. Miakumi slowly walked away into the darkness of the night, until she vanished completely.

"Hmph. I guess, I'll play along for now. Just you wait, dad. I'm coming for you!" 

The next day, Naomi, had received word, that Jaakuna was quitting the PSIA.. She went to the locker room, where she found Jaakuna packing her stuff.

"Jaakuna, why are you quitting? I thought it was your dream to be a PSIA agent. You're the best one here, why would you throw that all away?" said Naomi, as she tried to talk Jaakuna out of leaving.

"It's all so clear to me now, Naomi. There really is no point, in protecting this cursed society we live in today, at least not the way it is now." said Jaakuna, as she threw on her bookbag.

"Wh-what are you saying?" said Naomi.

"You're too naïve. One day you'll learn, just as I did, how cruel this world can be, and the only way to survive is to be even crueler." said Jaakuna.

"What's happened to you? It's like I don't even know you anymore." said Naomi.

"You're wrong. You simply never did truly know me. The girl that you're picturing in your head, was simply the version of me that was clinging to a delusion. She doesn't exist. Goodbye, Naomi.. You'll likely never see me again, so don't concern yourself with me any longer." said Jaakuna as she exited the building.

Naomi was heartbroken, at the sudden departure of her best friend. She felt what Jaakuna was saying, was true, and that she never really did know or understand her friend. The evil and hatred that had been put in her heart, by her father, and the passing of her mother, was even further twisted by the sinister Miakumi. Jaakuna had become a ruthless demon, no longer in touch with her humanity, as she joined Kurai Yohei. 

Five and a half years later in the present time. Jaakuna was still standing at the warehouse she blew up, after her battle with Naomi and Tokunori. The resurfaced memories of her past, began to make her angry, but also pleased her at how far she had come. 

"To think I would become this powerful, compared to how I was then. Soon, there will be no need to keep, Miakumi and the others around. I'm so very close, I can almost smell the sweet aroma of revenge. Hurricane Jaakuna, is coming dad, and I'll wipe you along with your entire legacy off the face of the earth. It's a new era, now. My era! HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!" laughed Jaakuna, as she endulged in her evil laughter as it got louder and louder, as thoughts of her approaching the final victory, filled her head.

To be continued:

Next time: Naomi's Plan..

 

Author's note:

This conclude's the flashback saga for Jaakuna's backstory, so I decided to do a double length chapter. Next chapter, continues forward through the present time.

 

 

 

 

0