Chapter 19: The Envious, Strikes Back!
88 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Urayama

One week had passed, and Ms. Akure was still being held captive, at Kurai Yohei. 

"Good morning, my little prisoner. Miakumi-Sama ordered me to keep you in good health, so I brought you a decent meal. Eat up." said Urayama, with a fake friendly tone. 

"Don't expect, a thank you. I could've sworn one of these meals would have been full of poison." said Ms. Akure.

"Hahaha! As much as I would enjoy that, I'm afraid not. In that pretty little head of yours, holds the secrets to our new weapons, so that makes you a valuable asset to us, you see. You're also the perfect bait, for that bitch, Naomi. So until you've served your usefulness, we'll keep you alive. Don't worry though, once Miakumi-Sama does decide you've served your purpose, I'll take great pleasure in killing you myself." said Urayama. 

"Whatever wicked schemes you guys have planned, you can count me out. I won't take part in it." said Ms. Akure.

"Oh, but you will. You don't have any choice in the matter. Now, then. I'll be back in 30 minutes, and every single scrap of food better be gone from that plate. If not, I'll shove it down your throat, HaHaHaHaHaHa!" laughed Urayama, as she left Ms. Akure's cell. 

"Damn it. Why am I so helpless. All I can do now, is trust Ms. Naomi." said Ms. Akure.

As Urayama was walking through one of the hallways at headquarters, she noticed Jaakuna enter the building. 

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Ms. Arrogance. What, did you feel like gracing us with your presence today, your majesty? What have you been off doing, all by yourself anyway?" said Urayama, in a spiteful tone.

"Out of my way, Urayama. I don't have time for your childish antics today. Where's Miakumi-Sama?" said Jaakuna.

"Hmph. She's away right now. She'll probably be back this evening. All you ever do, is give Miakumi-Sama a quick report, get your mission list, and leave. What, you think your too good to hang around the rest of us?" said Urayama.

"Heh heh heh. That's right. I don't want your idiocy rubbing off on me." laughed Jaakuna.

Urayama angrily grabbed Jaakuna's jacket collar. "Look, Warasaki, I hate you. Everything about you, pisses me off. That smug attitude, that stupid grin, the gall you have to talk to me any kind of way. I literally can't take much more of it. If it weren't for Miakumi-sama, I would have killed you from day one." said Urayama, furiously.

"If you hate me so much, then why don't you do something about it? Miakumi-Sama isn't here. You said so yourself didn't you? Now's your chance. You could say you did it, out of self defense." said Jaakuna, as she goaded on Urayama.

Urayama, just stared at Jaakuna angrily, as she grasped her collar. 

"Well? Nothing? HmHmHmHm.... Please.. Per usual, you're all talk, Urayama. You're pathetic envy towards me, makes me laugh, because we both know there isn't shit; you can do about it.  Now, I suggest you get your hands off of me, or you'll be enjoying a nice, long trip to the afterlife." said Jaakuna. 

Urayama reluctantly let go of Jaakuna's collar. "Tch.. I don't trust you Warasaki. I never have. I don't know what's going through that conniving lil head of yours, but I'll find out what it is." said Urayama.

"Hmph. More empty threats. I'm out of here. I feel like I'm losing brain cells just talking to you. See ya, loser." laughed Jaakuna, as she left the building. 

"Ugh, I swear, I'll kill her one day, without fail. Then, I'll be the number one mercenary around here. I've got to do something, that'll prove to Miakumi-sama, that I'm just as capable as that jerk, Jaakuna." said Urayama. 

One week later, Naomi had taken the last of her medicine, and recovered completely. She took off the bandages around her torso, revealing her voluptuous body. 

"I feel great. Those pills, Dr. Oyama game me, really did the trick. I'm back at 100%." said Naomi, as she stretched. "Now, there's no time to lose. First I need to smoke out this Urayama girl, but what would be the best way to do that? thought Naomi. "Hmm, I could broadcast, that new weapons are being developed at Okinawa lab, on the news. I don't think Jaakuna, would even consider, falling for such an obvious ploy, but Urayama might. It's worth a try." said Naomi, as she suited up, into her favorite outfit.

Naomi went to the news broadcast station, and began to put her plan into action. "Hello, I'm detective Naomi. I've got a rather unusual request, but I need you to broadcast a message for me, regarding the recent fiasco at Okinawa lab. I need you to broadcast that new weapons are in the process of development, and will be given to 100 trained soldiers in order to combat the mercenary group, Kurai Yohei. This will be a lie of course, but I'm hoping that this will bring some of them out of hiding." 

"Hm, that sounds risky. Normally, I'd hate to broadcast anything that would cause such an uproar, but if it's a favor for the famous detective Naomi-san, I can't refuse. I have full trust in you, and I hope this helps in solving your case. said the manager of Okinawa news.

"Thank you so much. This will definitely be a great help. Don't worry, I have everything under control. Okinawa research facility, has been completely evacuated, so this won't put anyone in danger." said Naomi.

That afternoon, Jaakuna was relaxing in her mansion, as she turned on the news to keep tabs on what was going on. 

"This just in, despite the recent sabotage at Okinawa research facility, it seems they've moved forward and are developing new weapons to combat the recent threat. A team of 100 highly trained combat soldiers, are being armed with these weapons, and will be deployed to neutralize the suspects." said the news anchor.

"What? Is this some kind of joke? There's no way they've managed to develop that many weapons, when I completely destroyed their databanks, not to mention; that scientist lady is being held captive. Even if, by some miracle, they did manage all this, why would they broadcast it? This is obviously some desperate ploy. I'm dissapointed, Naomi. Do you really think, I'll fall for such a blatant trap? I expected more, from you.. Unless.." said Jaakuna, as she began to piece together what was going on. "Of course.. Naomi's not aiming for me. This is all to rescue that damned scientist. If that idiot, Urayama,  sees this, there's no telling what she'd do. I should contact Miakumi, but then again, this could actually play in my favor. If Naomi manages to eliminate that airhead, Urayama, for me; then that's one less headache to deal with, in the long run. I think I'll go ahead, and let this play out, heh heh heh. she said, as a conniving grin ran across her face.

At Kurai Yohei's headquarters, Urayama was witnessing the fake news, that Naomi had the station broadcast. 

"W-What? It can't be! The whole reason we captured Ms. Akure, was to prevent a situation like this from happening. Damn it! said Urayama, as she rushed to Ms. Akare's cell. "Ok, talk! What kind of weapons is the research lab producing, to counter ours? " said Urayama, in frustration. 

"What? I don't know what you're talking about." said Ms. Akure.

"Don't play dumb, with me! Just a moment ago, I saw on the news, that new weapons were being produced, and that they would be given to a team of 100 soldiers." said Urayama, as she banged on Ms. Akure's cell bars.

"I had no idea about that. It's true we were planning to develop more weapons, but I was captured, before we could make any real progress. I guess.. they managed to find a way after all, if what you're saying is true. It serves you right!" said Ms. Akure.

"Damn, this could ruin everything. I've got to tell Miakumi-sama. No, wait.. This is my chance to prove myself to her. I'll infiltrate Okinawa research facility, and destroy all of their progress. Better yet, I'll just blow up the entire lab. After all, this is all happening cuz that damned Jaakuna, didn't follow through with her job all the way. If I finish what she started, I'm sure Miakumi-sama will recognize my talent." thought Urayama, as she popped her knuckles. 

Ms. Akure looked at Urayama, as the hotheaded girl managed to calm herself down. "What could this mean? Did the research lab, really manage to perfect new weapons without me, and without databanks to the original weapons? Something doesn't add up." thought Ms. Akure.

"Ok, change of plans, Ms. Akure. Come midnight, you and I, are gonna pay a little visit to your research facility." said Urayama.

"What? What are you planning, and why bring me?" said Ms. Akure.

"I'll admit, I don't have the same infiltration skills as Jaakuna, but regardless, I'll do this my way.  Instead of hacking my way through, I'll just bring you so you can give me the access codes. You better cooperate, or I'll kill every single person there, got it?" said Urayama, impatiently.

"Damn you! Fine.. I'll do it. Just.. Please don't hurt any of the other researchers." said Ms. Akure.

"Heh heh heh. That's all depending on how you behave. Now then, I'm gonna make a few preparations, and I'll be back for you, little Ms. Akure. It was so stupid of them to broadcast such information. I'm glad they did, for it will be their undoing." said Urayama. 

To be continued:

Next time: The hunt for Urayama!

 

 

 

 

 

0