Chapter 29: A New Recruit? The Agent of Greed.
63 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, after the battle with Jaleesa, Naomi decided to do surveillance on Blair, from the camera feed. It was yet again, just another normal day at work for Blair, revealing nothing suspicious. "Well, seems like I'll have to go to plan B, afterall. While she's at work, I'll install, hidden cameras in her home, as well." she said, as she hopped in her car, and headed to Blair's house. It was a rather large home, as expected, of a manager of one of the biggest software companies in Japan. Naomi began setting up the nano-sized cameras in places that would be virtually impossible to find. "Ok, that should do it. Now to head back home, before Blair gets off." she said, as she headed back home. 

Elsewhere, at Kurai Yohei's headquarters, Jaleesa had confronted Miakumi, about the current situation. "It seems, Naomi, has got her eye on Blair Nanimora, Miakumi-sama. She's got her under surveilance, as we speak." said Jaleesa.

"I see. No matter. She won't be able to stop what's about to transpire, either way." said Miakumi, confidently. "Worry not, Jaleesa. Leave Blair to me." she said.

That evening, Blair came home, and hopped onto her computer to check numbers for the company. "(Hmm. Profits for Okinawa-software, are up by 120%, this quarter. Good, but it's still not enough. If I'm gonna be promoted, I'll have to get it up alot higher than that.)" thought Blair. 

Naomi had been watching Blair, the entire time from the camera feed, from her home. "She's just been doing work, on her computer this whole time. First a 8 hr shift, at work, and she just goes straight to more work at home. She's quite a workaholic."  said Naomi, sitting on her bed, watching the camera feed. 

"Hmph, I won't stop, until the whole company is mine. I'll do whatever it takes. Cyber-tech is in the way though. Seems like no matter what I do, they still somehow manage to ring in a bigger profit." said Blair, frustrated. 

"I may be able to help you with that." said, a familiar voice, in the background.

"W-who's there?!" said Blair, startled.

"T-that's.. Miakumi!! Nothing popped up on any of the camera's, not even the ones, I put on the outside of the house. Where did she come from?" said Naomi, as she started to sweat. "S-should, I intervene? No.. I need to find out more, about her. I would probably just be jumping in to my death, if I tried anything now." said Naomi.

"Sorry, to startle you, at this hour, but I couldn't help, but notice your dilemna, Blair Nanimora. I've come to offer you, a proposition." said Miakumi.

"You've got some nerve, breaking into my house, talking about a proposition. It's peculiar, how you were able to get in, without setting off any alarms. Give me one good reason, I shouldn't call the police, on you." she said, with her finger over a panic button, underneath her desk.

"Hear my proposition out until the end, and if you're not satisfied, you can do whatever you like." said Miakumi.

Blair's eye's narrowed, before she relaxed her body a bit, and took her finger away from the panic button. "Fine... Talk." she said.

"What if I told you, I could not only get you the top position, as CEO of the Okinawa software company, but also eliminate all of your competition as well?" said Miakumi.

"What?! That's crazy talk." said Blair.

"It's the truth. You see, I've founded my own organization. We're slowly, but surely taking control of Japan. Many of the big-name corporations, have already fallen under our control." said Miakumi.

"Is that right? So what kind of organization is this? How are you achieving this?" said Blair.

"My organization is known as Kurai Yohei, a mercenary organization. " she said.

"A mercenary organization?! I see.. I was wondering why certain companies stock value, had suddenly started to spike, out of the blue. So you're responsible, huh? Interesting.. And? What's in it for you?" said Blair.

"You're very talented Blair, when it comes to your business-oriented background. You've got certain skills, that no one at the organization currently has. I want you to join, and in exchange, you'll be one of the most powerful women in the world." 

Blair just sat there with her arms crossed, and thought for a minute. "Sounds dangerous. I'll admit, you're proposition, sounds rather intriguing, but I dedicated alot of hard work to get where I'm at. If this goes wrong, my entire career, as well as my life would be over. Why should I risk that?" she said.

"We've been working under the radar for years now, and no one has even been able to touch us. In fact, you would be even more secure, than you are now. Afterall, our mercenary agents, possess powers, that no ordinary person could possibly hope to touch." said Miakumi, as she walked over to the window, looking outside.

"What? Powers?" said, Blair confused.

"It'll be easier, if I just showed you." said Miakumi, as she placed her hand over Blair's head.

"W-what is this feeling? I feel amazing." said Blair.

"Try lifting that couch." said Miakumi.

"Incredible. It's as if it weighs nothing at all." said Blair, astonished at her new strength.

"And that's only scratching the surface, of what you can do. The current mercenary agents who work for me are able to achieve feats, like dodging bullets, punching through steel beams, leaping over tall buildings, move faster than the eye can see. Of course, you'll need me, to help teach you how to control and hone your newfound strength. So what do you say? Do we have a deal?" said Miakumi.

"Interesting. Alright, Miakumi. We have a deal. I'm in." said Blair, grinning excitedly.

"Perfect. Here's my card.. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you." she said, vanishing in a purple mist.

"D-damn it. S-she just.. vanished?" said Naomi, frustrated. "This is bad. Just, what is she? I don't even know what to make of this. She teleports? She can manifest powers in people? Who is this woman? Is she even human?" said Naomi, as she began to sweat profusely. "It's all beginning to make sense now. I was wondering why, Jaakuna became so much stronger after she went missing." she said.

The next day, Blair had decided to go to Kurai Yohei's headquarters. "Welcome Blair. So nice of you to join us. I've already informed one of our top agents, Jaleesa, of your arrival. She should be here shortly. She'll show you the ropes." said Miakumi, as she sat at her desk.

"I see. So, what exactly would my role in all of this be, if I may ask?" asked Blair.

"Well ordinarily, most recruits start off as foot soldiers, but there have been certain exceptions, when it comes to particularly gifted individuals. I'll be honest, I can tell you have a rather high level and unusual amount of talent, when I unlocked your potential yesterday. I don't think you'll have any issue at all, integrating as a full-fledged agent. In fact, I'd like you to be our treasurer." said Miakumi.

"Heh.. I see. Well, thank-you. Seems you have a good eye, Miakumi. Or should I say, Miakumi-sama. I guess, I'll go wait for this Jaleesa." said Blair.

"She should be here in a minute. You can have a seat outside." said Miakumi.

As Blair waited, Jaleesa finally entered into the headquarters.

"Sup.. Nice to finally meet you, Blair. I'm Jaleesa, the lustful." said Jaleesa.

"Likewise, I'm Blair. Hate to be nosey, but what's with the title?" said Blair.

"Heh, well. You see, when Miakumi-sama unlocks your powers, your strength, speed, and reflexes are multiplied many times over, but so is your most dominant negative trait. " said Jaleesa.

"What?! She didn't mention, that little detail." said Blair.

"Don't worry about it. If anything, it'll help guide you, and drive you to your purpose. In fact, I've never felt more alive, ever since Miakumi-sama found me." said Jaleesa.

"I see. Well.. So what's first, then?" said Blair.

"First, we'll take a little tour, of the headquarters." said Jaleesa, as they walked around. "This is the training area. Equipped with a weight room, sparring section, and agility course. While it is important to develop all of your skills, to avoid unnecessary weaknesses, it's perfectly fine if you naturally gravitate to a certain style. For instance, My agility and fighting prowess, are only slightly above average when compared to the other agents, but my physical strength is uncontested. You'll have to find, what you're natural talent is, and hone that to the max." said Jaleesa.

"I see.. Makes sense. I took a few taekwondo classes as a kid, but nothing beyond that, so my knowledge is a bit limited." said Blair.

"Well, hey.. It's something to go off of, at least. Don't sweat it. We'll find your niche." she said.

"So, I take it your the top agent around here." said Blair.

"Actually, I'm ranked number 2. Jaakuna is the top agent, but she's well... Probably not someone, you would want showing you the ropes.."  she said, as she chuckled.

"Hmm.. Why not?" said Blair.

"Well, how should I put it, when describing that woman. I'll admit, she is currently the most deadly out of us. Her physical strength is close to mine, and she's a much more refined and faster fighter, but.. She's not exactly a team player. Sooo, I'll be helping you along the way." said Jaleesa.

"Oh, a lone wolf, huh? I see. So, Miakumi-sama, mentioned something about me being the treasurer of the organization, since I'm a businesswoman, so what exactly is your role?" said Blair.

"Most of my missions, consist of manipulating and taking out CEOs, so that we can take control of their businesses as we see fit. A rather fun job, since I get to use my alluring figure and seductive personality to get the job done." she said.

"Hmm.. Interesting. So everybody, has a rather big role to play. I'm actually looking forward to this. Who knew such an opportunity would present itself." said Blair.

"Well, I like your enthusiasm. I'm sure we'll get paired together on a mission soon, and I'll show you a good time. For now though, we need to get you in tip top shape, if you're gonna be a full-fledged mercenary agent. I'm sure you already guessed this, but you and I are gonna have a little sparring match." said Jaleesa.

"Oh.. shit.. Straight to the nitty gritty, huh? Fine, I'm looking forward to testing these abilities of mine." said Blair, excitedly. 

It seems another Mercenary agent has joined the team, as there plans for world domination continue to progress. 

To be continued:

Next time: What are you?

 

 

 

 

 

0