Chapter 30: What are you?
50 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That afternoon, on Blair's first day at the organization, Blair and Jaleesa were preparing for a sparring session, in the training room.

"Alright, Blair. Time to see what you're made of." said Jaleesa, as she gestured her hands forward ,for Blair to come.

"Sure, but go easy on me. This is my first day, afterall." said Blair, sarcastically, as she lunged in for a jump-kick. Jaleesa grabbed Blair's leg, as she kicked, and gave a quick spin, before tossing her away. Blair caught herself, and landed on her feet. Jaleesa followed up, with a quick-succession of punches and kicks, as Blair avoided most of the blows. Blair eventually found herself knocked against a wall, by Jaleesa's last kick. 

"Good. Your reflexes are on point, but your attacks are pretty linear." said Jaleesa, posing her leg.

"Hmm.. I see. Then, how about this?" she said, as she vanished out of sight, and attempted a spin-kick to Jaleesa's head. Jaleesa ducked in the nick of time, and went for her own round-house kick, as Blair ducked under it. As the two continued to spar, Jaleesa went for another quick-succession of punches, before a large right hook. "(It's just as I thought, she has a habit, of firing off a rapid succession of attacks, before delivering one big one.)" she thought, as she dodged the hook. "There! She's wide, open!" she said, as she blitzed behind Jaleesa, and delivered a jump-kick to her back.

While it didn't knock her down, the attack definitely caught her off guard. "(Guhh.. Incredible! She adapting as she fights.) thought Jaleesa, as she clutched her back. "Not bad, Blair, not bad at all.. But let's see how you handle this!" she said, as she began putting in more effort, and fighting a bit harder. Jaleesa began to knock Blair around a bit, as her attacks got faster and stronger.

"Nnghh.. Heh heh heh.. Why you sneaky little. So you were holding back." said Blair, as she began to chuckle.

"Of course, I was. I wouldn't want to kill you, on your first day. But still, for you to laugh that attack off, is quite impressive." she said, as she and Blair went at it once more.

As the battle went on, Blair began to adapt more and more, as she began to read Jaleesa's moves. "(Her attack pattern is becoming more and more clear to me. She's definitely a brawler type.)" she thought , as she continued to fight. Jaleesa went for upward kick to Blair's head."(Again, she's going for a wide-attack, right after a combo-barrage.) she said, as she suddenly grinned, ducking under the kick. "Gotcha!" she said, delivering a quick low-kick to the back of Jaleesa's knee joint. 

"What? Guhh.." grunted Jaleesa, as she was forced to partially kneel. Blair lent her hand, and helped Jaleesa back to her feet. "Astonishing. I've never been pushed that far, since Jaakuna joined. I thought, you said you only had limited knowledge in Taekwondo?" she said, shocked at Blair's performance. 

"It's true.. I've only received basic training, when I was younger, but.. I sort of have a knack for reading people. Their patterns, their habits, the way they move, their facial expressions, everything. It's very beneficial, when doing business, and getting clients to move in a way that's beneficial to you. I simply applied that same method to our fight." she said, smiling confidently.

"I see. I see. So almost, like a form of manipulation then. Am I right?" said Jaleesa.

"Well, heh heh heh.. I guess, you could look at it that way." she chuckled.

"Ya know, Blair, we have alot more in common than I thought. There's just nothin like the feeling, of manipulating those weaker than you, is there? I like you, and I think we've just found your style." said Jaleesa.

"Oh? Is that so?" said Blair.

"Yep. To be able to read an opponents fighting style, and to create the necessary counter on the fly like that is quite a difficult thing to do. Yet you did it in your very first fight, and against someone as strong as me. It'll be a weapon, far greater than you know. But then again, I suppose I should stop slacking off, or I might really fall behind, heh heh." laughed Jaleesa.

"Hmm. You really think so, huh? Sounds like I'm on the right track, then." said Blair, as she fixed her jacket.

"I'll be honest. Your skills and power far exceed that of Urayama. The mid-tier agent, you're replacing. Once Miakumi-sama sees your performance, she'll likely make you a top-tier agent, alongside me and Jaakuna." said Jaleesa.

"A-awesome. I was already excited to get these powers, that I had no idea existed. But to find out now, that my abilities exceed that of the majority, heh heh, is just too good." chuckled Blair. 

Elsewhere, at Naomi's house, she was trying to figure out what exactly, Miakumi was. 

"Shit. I figured Miakumi had to be on another level to be able to keep warriors like Jaakuna in check, but this is ridiculous. She vanished, without even a trace. Was it just speed? No, there was no wind resistance or anything. She just vanished into thin air." sighed Naomi, as she was completely stumped. "And then there's Jaleesa, yet another agent who I wasn't able to defeat, and now Blair has joined them. This just keeps getting bad, to worse. I need to go visit Tokunori-sensei, because right now, I am completely outmatched and outnumbered." she said, lying back on her bed, in deep thought. "I always knew Kurai Yohei, were full of monsters, but I'm starting to think that might be much more literal than I originally thought. 

Back at Kurai Yohei's headquarters, Jaleesa and Blair, were in the lounge area.

"So, Jaleesa. If what you say is true, about my unusual level of power, why is it, that certain individuals have a higher skill and strength level than others? Why doesn't Miakumi-sama, just make a whole army of individuals like us?" said Blair.

"Hmm.. I'm not quite sure, I fully understand it myself. Maybe it's to keep all the agents, balanced and easier to keep in line. Or maybe it's because, some of us were bigger monsters then others, to begin with." said Jaleesa.

"W-what??" said, Blair, confused.

"Just a thought. Don't mind me. Oh, and speaking of monsters, look who it is." said Jaleesa, as she noticed Jaakuna, enter the lounge.

"Shut it, freak. I don't wanna hear that, coming from you." said Jaakuna, as she grabbed a drink, from the vending machine.

"So you're Jaakuna. I've heard alot about you. I'm Blair Nanimora, the new agent. It's a pleasure." said Blair, extending her hand to Jaakuna, for a handshake.

"I'm sure you have, and.. I didn't ask." said Jaakuna, ignoring her hand.

"Heh.. Well, you weren't lying, were you Jaleesa?" laughed Blair.

"See? I told ya. She's always like that." said Jaleesa, shaking her head. "Before you write her off, Warasaki, you should know that Blair gave me a run for my money, in our little sparring match today." she said.

"Oh? Is that right? Today's your first day, and you went toe-to-toe with Jaleesa? How odd? Just who are you, woman?" said Jaakuna, as she got up close to Blair, with her arms folded; as a sort of intimidation factor.

"Heh heh heh.. You worried? Relax, from what I heard. My main role, is to be the treasurer of the organization. I won't steal your role, Jaakuna. I'm sure you're very good, at what you do." said Blair, in a relaxed, but slightly formal tone.

"Hmm... You're a strange one, aren't you? I've got my eye on you, Blair.  And don't worry, I'm nothing like Jaleesa. But by all means, if you ever wanna challenge me to a sparring match, go right ahead. I'm always down, for a good laugh." she said, smirking confidently.

"Sure.. Sounds like fun. When I get more adjusted, I just might have to take you up on that. Although, heh heh.. With the rate of my growth, I'm not so sure, you'd be the one laughing." said Blair, smirking right back at her.

"What? (Who is this girl?)" thought Jaakuna, as her eyes narrowed inquisitively. 

"(So this is Jaakuna? I can tell, she's trying to feel me out. Heh.. What a peculiar group, these women are. This should be interesting.)" thought Blair, as she grinned, confidently.

To be continued: 

Next time: You can't fool me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0