Chapter 31: You Can’t Fool Me, Jaakuna!
68 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At Kurai Yohei's headquarters, Jaakuna and Blair were acquainting themselves with each other for the first time, as Jaleesa was stuck in the middle of it.

"Heh.. Hahahaha! Interesting. You've got guts, girl, if nothing else. I look forward to seeing, just how far you go." said Jaakuna, as she walked off.

"Heh.." chuckled Blair, as her eyes started to narrow, almost reptilian-like..

"I can't believe you went out of your way, to rile up Warasaki, like that. But still.. For her to acknowledge you, is quite unusual..." she said, as she suddenly looked over to Blair, with an unusually evil grin spread across her face "Uhhh..Blair?" she said, confused.

 "Heh heh heh... Hahahahaha!!" laughed Blair. "W-what is this feeling? heh heh heh.. Why am I so excited?" said Blair, trying to contain her laughter.

"Heh..Ohh, your probably going through some side-affects of having your powers unlocked by Miakumi-sama." said Jaleesa.

"Side-effects? Oh, you mean, when you said, my most dominant negative trait, would be amplified?" said Blair, as she clutched her head.

"Yep.. That little confrontation with Jaakuna, must've stirred you up. As strong as we agents become, after getting powered up, by Miakumi-sama, it also affects our minds; but you'll get used to it. Just try not to do anything crazy, that would expose yourself or the organization. That would be a pain in the ass. Put yourself in isolation, at headquarters for a few days, if you have to." said Jaleesa.

"No, I can't afford to miss work for that long. I still have my own endeavors to tend to. Besides, I'm not that weak-minded, it just caught me off-guard, that's all. I'll be sure to be mindful of what I'm doing, and how I'm feeling." said Blair, as she walked off, and left headquarters. "(Jaakuna Warasaki.. I can tell, just by looking at you. You've got your own little agenda, don't you, you sneaky fox? You can't fool these eyes. Sorry to come crashing down, on your parade Ms. Warasaki, but I will surpass you. Not only will I monopolize and control Okinawa-software company, but I'll also be the top-agent of Kurai Yohei as well. So keep an eye on me, all you want, Jaakuna Warasaki.) she thought, as she grinned maliciously. 

Elsewhere, Naomi decided to pay a visit to Tokunori-sensei, for further training, as well as counseling. 

"Oh, Naomi-san. So you finally made it back. How's the case, been going?" said Tokunori.

"Eh.. Hit or miss. Mostly miss, if I'm being honest. Although, I was able to acquire a bit of new information. I managed to find out the location of their headquarters, from a few of their recruits, I took into custody." said Naomi.

"Awesome. That's good news isn't it?" said Tokunori.

"Well yeah, and in addition to that, I've also managed to finally lay eyes on their leader." she sighed.

"What's wrong, Naomi-san? I'm all ears. Tell me what's bothering you." he said.

"It may sound crazy, but, this leader of theirs, has powers I can hardly describe. I witnessed her recruiting their newest member, and... it's like she literally grants them their super strength. I was tailing a girl named, Blair, and she was seemingly just a normal business woman. Nothing strange about her. But I kid you not, Miakumi, simply put her hand on Blair's head, and she was suddenly able to lift a couch, as if it were a feather." said Naomi.

"W-what?!" said, Tokunori, obviously surprised at what he was hearing.

"And after all of that, she just vanished into thin air. No prior movements, no wind gusts, nothing.. It wasn't speed. The entire house was closed off. Not to mention there was a purple like mist, when she vanished." she said.

"N-Naomi-san.. If what you're saying is true. Then.. I'll be honest. It sounds like this Miakumi may be something out of this world." said Tokunori, as he started to sweat a little.

"Damn.. I was.. afraid you'd say that. You mean... like some sort of demon, or something?" she said, as she started to become a bit spooked. "I deal more in facts and logic, so it goes without saying that I don't like the idea of that, but... I can't deny what I saw."

"I know, Naomi-san, I know. Listen, I can teach you everything I know, for now. That should at least allow you to fight at a much higher level, without your body giving out, but.. I'm not well versed when it comes to other worldly powers and things like that, but... I know someone who is." said Tokunori.

"R-really? Who?" said, Naomi.

"He's a monk, who lives in cape hedo, on the northern Kunigami District of Okinawa. His name is Nishida. I guess you could say he was something, like my old master. He should be able to teach you what you need to know. I'm sure he won't mind, if I recommend you." said Tokunori.

"Yess. Thanks so much. I was beginning to think this was hopeless, but I'm getting a second wind, now. Well.. There's no time to waste. I need to train my body to the max, for now." said Naomi.

"Right.. You've already gotten the knack of harnessing and amplifying your body's reserves of strength already, it's just a matter of training your body to handle performing at those levels for extended periods of time. From there, you can get even stronger." said Tokunori. 

"I see. Well, I'm ready to go. Let's do it." she said, as they began training once more. 

Back at Kurai Yohei's headquarters, Miakumi was furthering her plans for the development of energy weapons.

"The factory, in the mid region of Okinawa, is almost complete. Blair, since you are familiar with running a technology business, I want you to oversee that everything goes off, without a hitch. That includes hiring workers, managing costs.. Everything." she said.

"Yes ma'am. You can count on me. I'm honored you would, trust me, with such a task so early." said Blair.

"Of course. I have full faith, in your capabilities. I'll have two of our other agents take control of Kraig's mining company. That way, you'll have a near endless source of Ebonite, and adamantine to work with. You should be able to begin production, pretty soon." said Miakumi. 

"Yes ma'am. I understand." said, Blair.

Jaakuna was listening in to their conversation, through a nano-receiver, that had been planted deep behind a shelf in the office, prior. "Tch.. This is just great. Miakumi is about to begin production on the weapons. It's too soon for that. If Kurai Yohei becomes too powerful, before I can get rid of Miakumi, then it will be neigh-impossible, for me to turn things around. I'll be her slave, forever. Heh.. unless.." she said, as her twisted mind began to turn. "Looks, like you'll be of some use to me, Naomi. I'll leak information to her about the plan to take over Kraig's mining company, so she can put a stop to this." said Jaakuna, while she was sitting in her car, listening to Miakumi's conversation with Blair. "Sorry, Miakumi.. But this world, belongs to me, and I don't intend to share it." she said, driving off. "Now then, what would be the best way to do this? I can't very well, just show up in front of Naomi, and tell her what's going on. She'll think it's a trap." she said, as she drove along the road. "I know...I'll disguise myself as Ms. Akure again, and warn Naomi, of the upcoming attack on the mining company. She was held captive for a few days, so it wouldn't be suspicious for her to possibly know such information." she said, grinning evily. "If I remember right, Miakumi assigned Ikara and Kurui to take over the mining company. I'm sure Naomi, can handle those two, but I'll hang around to monitor the situation, just in case."

A few days later, back at Tokunori's dojo, Naomi and Tokunori, had finished a sparring session. 

"Incredible, Naomi-san. The speed of your growth, is astounding. You've completely mastered, tapping into your body's full reserves of strength. Now you can fight at 100% for long periods of time, without having to worry about your body convulsing like before." said Tokunori.

"Yes, I can feel it. I can't believe how powerful, I've become, in just that short time. I'm probably stronger, than Jaakuna, now. But I can't stop there. I've got a whole organization, and a demon to worry about too." said Naomi. 

"Yes, I understand, but don't push yourself to far. It'll be counter-productive. Don't rush it." said Tokunori. 

"Right.. I understand. I should get back, and see if there are any more leads on Kurai Yohei's next target. If I can strike preemptively, that might just put me back ahead of the game. Thanks again, by the way.. I'll be back, in a couple of days." said Naomi, as she drove off, and returned to her house. "I feel better than ever. Just wait, Jaakuna.. I can't wait, to finally defeat you, in combat." she said, as she received a call from Kraig's mining company. "Hm? Uh-oh, Kraig's mining comapany. This could be important." she said, as she answered. "Hello, Detective Naomi speaking." she said.

"Yes Ms. Naomi. Ms. Akure, just informed us, of a possible attack, on the company. If possible, please head over, right away." said Foreman Jackson. 

"I understand. I'm on the way." she said, hanging up. "Shit, I guess it was only a matter of time." she said, as she buckled up, and headed over to the mining company. Once she arrived, she was greeted by Foreman Jackson and Ms. Akure, who debriefed her of everything that was happening. "So, it's true then. Kurai Yohei, is planning an attack on the mining company?" said Naomi.

"Yes.. During my captivity there, that girl, Urayama, blurted out their plans. They should be planning an attack either tonight, or tommorow. They plan to take over the whole mining company, so they can control the supply of ebonite and adamentine." said Ms. Akure.

"Damn.. Well, I have no choice, but to stop them. I wish you would've told me sooner, but luckily, I'm much stronger now." said Naomi.

"Yes, I apologize. I guess, I was so shaken up, over being taken captive, I forgot to mention it. It really did just recently dawn on me. she said. (Perfect.. At the very least, Miakumi's plans to mass produce weapons, should be brought to a hiatus, with this.) thought Jaakuna, in disguise.

 

It seems Jaakuna, is continuing to manipulate the situation to her favor. Will her plan, go off the way she's expecting it to, or will the agents of Kurai Yohei manage to defeat Naomi, regardless.

To be continued: 

Next time: Battle with the Agents of Rage and Emptiness. 

  

 

 

 

0