Chapter 38: The Agent of Fear, Osorai, the Horrific.
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ded5nea-5fae257d-4312-4cc5-90e9-abbb2b975a1f.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNGRjYmViYWYtMDAyMC00MDcwLWE2NmQtNTBmMzdlYjFjN2UyXC9kZWQ1bmVhLTVmYWUyNTdkLTQzMTItNGNjNS05MGU5LWFiYmIyYjk3NWExZi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.BFTxd7-6u2yEZMA9rYE9SunKZP09Y9TqOt5VDOSTa-Y

Later that night, Foreman Jackson was on his way home, after a long day at work, at the mining company.

"It's so good to have Detective Naomi, on our side. She was able to predict and dispatch those criminals ,who tried to seize my mining company, with ease. I can finally rest easy, and take a breather." said Foreman Jackson, as he walked into his house.

"Oh hi honey, how was work?" said Mrs. Jackson. 

"It was pretty good, actually. Very productive. How was yours?" said Foreman Jackson.

"It was great. I just ran a few errands, and did stuff around the house. Speaking of which, I made your favorite for dinner. It should be ready in a few." said Mrs. Jackson. 

"You're the best honey." he said, as he looked outside and saw the silhouette of a girl standing under a flickering light post. He got up to see who it was, but as soon as he got close to the window, the silhouette had vanished as fast as the light flickered. "Huh?" said Foreman Jackson, confused.

"What's wrong, dear?" said Mrs. Jackson.

"Oh, it's.. nothing I guess. I thought I saw someone just standing outside, staring in the house, but I guess it was my imagination." he said.

"Hmm.." said Mrs. Jackson, as she stepped up to the window as well. "Yeah, I don't see anything. You probably need some rest." said Mrs. Jackson.

"R-right. Alot's been going on lately. I guess I'm still a bit paranoid." he said.

Later that night, Foreman Jackson and his wife were winding down. Mrs. Jackson was reading a book in bed, while her husband was brushing his teeth. As he walked out of the bathroom, he looked out the bedroom window, and saw the same silhouette of the woman, but this time standing on top of a tree branch. "W-what the?" he said, as he rubbed his eyes, and looked again. She was gone, as the tree branch rustled in the wind. 

"Dear?" said Mrs. Jackson, concerned for her husband.

"There it was again. The same silhouette." he said, starting to sweat a bit. "N-nah, it couldn't be them, could it? They couldn't possibly be here." he said, as he looked everywhere out the window. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Am I losing it?" he said.

"Honey, you're worrying me. Tell me, what's wrong." said Mrs. Jackson.

"(Now, I'm worrying my own wife. What is wrong with me?) he thought. "I'm sorry, babe. It's just been a bit crazy the past month or so. I think it's got me seeing things." said Foreman Jackson.

"You mean what you said, about those criminals, going after your mining company? D-do we need to call the police dear?" she said, a bit frightened.

"I think it's just my head, messing with me. I thought I saw the same silhouette a few hours ago, and yet nothing has happened. Don't worry, there's no way they could have this address. I've got Detective Naomi's number on speed dial, so I'll call her if anything suspicious happens. I'm sorry to worry you." he said.

"N-no, it's fine. We're in this together. What's important to you, is what's important to me." she said.

"Thank-you babe, I needed that." he said, as he hopped in the bed, and turned off the lamp, on his side.

"Good-night, honey." said Mrs. Jackson.

"Good-night, baby." he said, as they went to sleep. A few hours had past, and it was late into the night, around 2:00 A.M. Foreman Jackson, suddenly woke up in a sweat, as the room was a bit warmer than usual. He got up to use the restroom, but oddly enough, when he went to turn on the light, it wouldn't come on. "W-what now?" he said, irritated, as he looked at the clock, which was blank. "Are you kidding me? The power is out, now of all times? Someone, must've hit a transformer." he said. He went downstairs, and opened the front door to see if any of the neighboring buildings had lost power, but for some reason, the streetlights were still working, and he could see a few of the houses still had their porch lights on. "That's.... odd." he said as he stood on the front porch. He suddenly felt a strong breeze, brush from behind him. He turned around suddenly, only to see absolutely nothing. He closed the door back, and went back up stairs to the bedroom. 

"What's going on honey?" said Mrs. Jackson, as she laid in bed, half awake.

"The power's out. I'm not sure why, though. Seems like our neighbors still have power." he said, as he went to grab his phone for some light. "D-damn. I forgot to charge my phone. Perfect." he said, as he tossed his dead phone away, in frustration. Suddenly he heard the sound of what sounded like glass shattering on the floor. "W-what was that?" said Foreman Jackson.

"I d-don't know." said Mrs. Jackson, now a bit spooked.

Foreman Jackson grabbed a bat and a flash light, and went downstairs to see what the sound was. He looked in the kitchen, and saw a broken glass cup, had fallen on the ground. He gulped, as he continued to look around the kitchen, and went into the living room. "N-nothing." he said, sighing. "Relax, you've got to calm down." he said, as his voice had now started to shake a bit. 

"What's taking him so long?" thought Mrs. Jackson, as she closed her eyes to try and get some sleep. As soon, as she did, a breeze had blown into the room. She opened her eyes, and saw nothing. "Umm.. Honey?" she said, confused.

"What's up? Dear, I'll be up in just a second." said Foreman Jackson.

"O-ok.." she said, baffled. Suddenly, a faint scratching sound started coming from under the bed. As if something was scratching at the underside of the bed.  Mrs. Jackson started to get goosebumps, at what she was hearing. "(W-w-what the hell is that?) she thought, as she tried to remain quiet. She was frightened at this point, and slowly reached over to the corner of the bed. She slowly looked under it, but nothing was there. She sighed a bit, as she lifted her head back up. As soon as she turned around to rest her head on the pillow; the frightening sight of a complete stranger, casually laying on the other side, fillled her heart with terror. 

"Hi.. Mrs. Jackson.. How ya doin?" said the strange woman, in an eerily calm, youthful, but also slightly hoarse voice. With her pale skin, silvery hair, and strange makeup, she had over her left eye; the woman almost resembled a ghost or perhaps a possessed girl. 

Foreman Jackson was searching around the house, when suddenly he heard a blood-curdling scream, from Mrs. Jackson, in the bedroom. He rushed upstairs, only to bump into Mrs. Jackson halfway up. "W-what's wrong?!" he said, as he held Mrs. Jackson in his arms.

"T-t-t-there's someone in the bedroom." she said, horrified. 

"Go downstairs." he whispered, as he continued to head upstairs with the bat. He peeped in the bedroom, and looked around, but saw nothing. "(What the hell is going on?)" he thought, as he looked underneath the bed. He grabbed his keys, and headed back downstairs to Mrs. Jackson. "We're getting out of here." he said. As soon he started heading for the door, he looked through the window, and noticed that the tires were slashed. "Damn it.." he said. "Honey, listen to me.. We're gonna have to make a run for it, but we've gotta do it discretely. If this is one of those same criminals that attacked before, then there's no way we'll be able to outrun them. " whispered Foreman Jackson.

"O-ok." whispered Mrs. Jackson, still terrified.

Foreman Jackson peeped out from the corner to make sure no one was there, and the two slowly and quietly made there way to the front door. He slowly opened the door, only to see that the eerie, silver-haired woman was standing right at the door. He quickly slammed the door back shut. "Oh dear god!" he yelled, as his heart sunk to his gut. Soft, polite knocks were heard at the door, but quickly turned into loud bangs.

"Mr. Jaaaaaaaackson?... Oh Mr. Jaaaaaackson?... That was very rude. " said the woman, in a muffled voice from outside the door. 

"Quick go back upstairs to the bedroom." said Foreman Jackson. As the two went to the bedroom, he locked the door, and put as many dressers as he could infront of it, to keep it barricaded. "Where's your phone? I'll call Naomi." he said, as he knew this had to be one of the mercenaries that had attacked before.

"It should be in the top drawer of that dresser, right there." said Mrs. Jackson, as she opened the drawer. "I-it's gone.. I don't see it." she said.

"What?! This is bad." he said, as he went to the window and peeped out the blinds. The sadistic woman just stood there as she looked up at the bedroom, with lifeless eyes and an eerie grin. Osorai held and waved Mrs. Jackson's phone in her hand, as she casually looked up at the bedroom. "T-this is horrible. She has the phone." he said. (What should I do!) he thought, as he tried to keep his composure around his wife. 

Osorai paced back and forth slowly, as she continued to look up at the bedroom. 

Foreman Jackson was terrified, as he looked back at his wife who was also trembling. He looked back outside, and once again, the girl was gone. He looked around everywhere in the yard, to see if he could spot the girl hiding somewhere. 

"W-what are we gonna do? I-I'm terrified." said Ms. Jackson.

"I know honey, I know. We'll get through this. I promise." he said, still completely unsure of what to do. He looked to find his laptop, to see if he could possibly get some wi-fi, to possibly message someone for help. "Damn it.. The only connections close enough are password protected." he said.  He went back to the window to see if he could spot her again, but as soon as he opened the blind he noticed red smeared writing on the window, that seemed to be blood. 

"You could die, at any given time, but don't worry. You'll beg for it." said the message.

To be continued:

Next time: The Horrific Night that Just Wouldn’t End!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0