Chapter 39: The Horrific Night that Wouldn’t End!
68 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ded5nea-5fae257d-4312-4cc5-90e9-abbb2b975a1f.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNGRjYmViYWYtMDAyMC00MDcwLWE2NmQtNTBmMzdlYjFjN2UyXC9kZWQ1bmVhLTVmYWUyNTdkLTQzMTItNGNjNS05MGU5LWFiYmIyYjk3NWExZi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.BFTxd7-6u2yEZMA9rYE9SunKZP09Y9TqOt5VDOSTa-Y

The blood message on the window spooked both Foreman Jackson and his wife, as they read it.

Foreman Jackson felt his body go a bit numb, as complete and utter terror overwhelmed him. "J-just who is this girl? Noo.. what is this creature?" he said, terrified.  At this point, Mrs. Jackson was practically in tears. What must've been at least half an hour passed by, without any sign of the girl. "(S-she's toying with us. We can't sit here all night. There has to be a way to escape.)" he thought. Suddenly, foot steps could be heard from the roof, on top of the bedroom.

Mrs. Jackson wept, from being overcome with fear, as the foot steps went in and out. There was silence for a few minutes, until a loud crash was heard from downstairs. "Ugh.. D-d-did she break in?" she said.

"I-I think so. Shhhhh." he said. Another 5 minutes passed, and nothing seemed to happen, until the doorknob suddenly wiggled slowly. Foreman Jackson shuttered, and covered his wife's mouth to prevent any sounds. Soft knocks were heard from the otherside, as Foreman Jackson continued to keep Mrs. Jackson quiet. 

"I knooow.. you're in there. I'm about to come in, ok? Don't worry, it's not quite that time, yet." said Osorai. 

"L-listen. At least now, we know where she is. I'll entertain her sick game, while you sneak out the window. You should be able to reach the tree branch and climb down." whispered Foreman Jackson.

"O-ok." said Mrs. Jackson, as she went over to the window.

"Y-you win. I give up. Just tell me what you want. I'll give it to you, just please don't harm me or my wife." said Foreman Jackson.

"Heh heh heh... This isn't about winning or losing, silly. I won the second, I found you, Mr. Jackson. I'm just enjoying my catch, at this point." said Osorai, as she casually laid on the floor looking through the crack under the door. She could make out Mrs. Jackson's feet heading towards the back of the room, as the window slid open. "Aww.. Where are you going Mrs. Jackson? You're leaving your husband to die, all by himself? How horrible." she teased.  

"Don't listen. Just go!" said Foreman Jackson, as the psychotic girl's arm suddenly bursted through the door. She ripped off the top portion of the door, and climbed over the dressers. "S-stay back!" said Foreman Jackson. Osorai pulled out a knife and slowly approached him, as she chuckled menacingly. 

"Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu..." she laughed, with an eerie emotionless tone. She swiped swiftly at his arm, cutting him. 

"Guhhh..." he yelped, as he ran towards the window. "Hurry.. Go!" he said, holding his arm, as he and Mrs. Jackson grabbed onto the tree. 

"Huhuhu.... You've already fallen under my illusion." she said, as her eyes apppeared almost glazed over, devoid of emotion.

"What?" said Foreman Jackson, as he suddenly found himself in a casket unable to move. The casket rumbled a bit, as if it was being placed underground, and being burried. "(N-noo. Noooo! What is this? Did I die? No, I'm conscious. This is a mistake.")  he thought to himself, horrified.  " Waaiiitt! Help me! Stop! I'm still aliiiive! Stop burying!" said Foreman Jackson, as he banged on the coffin door,  desperately. 

"Honey! What are you talking about! Hurry, we have to go!" said Mrs. Jackson, as she tried to get his attention. From her perspective, he was simply yelling and shaking sporadically on the ground.

 "Look at him go, Mrs. Jackson. Muhahahahahahaha!!" said Osorai, as the sadistic woman clutched her stomach, from her laughter.

Mrs. Jackson was horrified, but also irate at the woman for torturing her husband. "W-what have you done to him!" she said, as she angrily, attempted to attack her.

"That's the spirit, Mrs. Jackson. One last futile adrenaline rush, before I break your psyche for good." she said, as she grabbed Mrs. Jackson, and forced her to look at her husband. "An extremely powerful hallucinogen is in his blood stream. He's having a blast, living out his worst nightmare as we speak." she laughed.  Mrs. Jackson did everything she could to try to escape the evil mercenary agent's hold on her, but her normal human strength, might as well have been a baby trying to escape from an adult. "It's no use Mrs. Jackson. Struggle all you want. Compared to the others, physical strength is hardly my specialty, but it's still more than enough for you." she said, as she patted Mrs. Jackson on the head, while she restrained her. "I want you to watch. Watch as the man you thought could protect you from anything, writhes on the ground from being overcome by his own fear. It's sad isn't it?" she said, as her eyes seemed almost dead to the world.

"P-please stop this." said Mrs. Jackson, as tears rolled down her eyes.

"Huhuhu.. No. I won't stop. Not until I turn both of your minds into complete mush. You have absolutely no idea, how much I'm enjoying this right now. There's no way, I'm ending the fun just yet." she said, as she ran her fingers through Mrs. Jackson's hair.

"I-I don't understand, what did we ever do to you? You want the mining company right? Just take it! Do you have some sort of grudge against us?" said Mrs. Jackson.

"Not at all. It's nothing that complex. I spent nearly my whole life, afraid of everything. I wanted to die, if I'm being honest with you. But at some point I learned to be at peace with it, and it all became so very clear to me. Now, it's the fear of others that sustains me, and almost happy to get up in the morning. Just as I was overcome by my fear, and welcomed death, so will you." she said, as her eyes slit, almost feline like, as she toyed with them.

"Just what are you? Y-you monster! Y-you're not human!" said Mrs. Jackson.

"A monster, am I? Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, I am human in the technical sense, as much as I wish I weren't. Are you afraid of monsters? Demons? Aliens? Ghosts? Would you like to see them?" she said, brandishing her knife in front of her face.

"T-that knife, is what caused him to to be in that state?" said Mrs. Jackson.

"Very perceptive, Mrs. Jackson. That's right. I coat my weapons in a special hallucinogen that puts you in a complete hypnotic state of fear. Your mind conjures up the worst things possible. I only nicked him, so he didn't get the full dose. He'll probably only stay in that state for about an hour or so. Although from his perspective, it'll be more like a day, heh heh heh.." she said. 

"Stop, please! Please, bring him out of it. We'll cooperate!" said Mrs. Jackson.

"We've been over this. That's simply not an option. I couldn't take him out of it, if I wanted to, unless of course, I killed him, but.. I want him to experience every minute of it. Now.. I'll give you a fair chance. Remember, one small scratch is all it takes. Now, Run.." she said, sadistically, as she released Mrs. Jackson, and even opened the door for her.

Mrs. Jackson ran for her life, and attempted to dash for the front door, only to find that a huge cabinet had been knocked down in front of it. She looked back, as the woman walked down the stairs, and popped up at several different angles, as she used her speed to mimic the unnatural movements of ghosts seen in horror films. "AAAAAAAAHHHH!!"  screamed Mrs. Jackson in terror, as she ran for the back door, only for the woman to dash right in front of it.

"Huhuhuhu.. I had a feeling, you'd be even more entertaining than your husband, and I was right. I'm not even trying Mrs. Jackson. At any second, you'll enter the same state as your husband." she said, brandishing her knife.

Mrs. Jackson dashed for the kitchen to grab a knife, and threw it at the woman, only for it to be deflected. "AAAAAAhhh!" she said, as she threw more knives frantically.

"Hahahahaha! Yes.. That's it. Give into it." she said, easily deflecting all of the knives with her own blade, as she slowly approached. Mrs. Jackson used her last remaining knife to try and slice at Osorai, only for it to be blocked, as she was overpowered against the counter. "Huhuhuhu. Look at you. Your face is soaking wet. You've even got snot, running down your nose. Hahahaha.." she said, steadily pushing her blade closer and closer to Mrs. Jackson, as the two knives were locked together. Osorai could've cut Mrs. Jackson, any time she wished, but enjoyed watching Mrs. Jackson suffer the suspense. 

"N-nooooooo!!" cried Mrs. Jackson, as she tried to push Osorai away.

"It's no use.. I've got ya. Hmm.. What time is it? I suppose, I shouldn't let this drag all the way until sunrise, but I've got time, Hahahaha." she laughed, as she casually looked at the phone she stole, to check the time, while she overpowered Mrs. Jackson. 

Mrs. Jackson eyed the phone, and desperately wanted to grab it, even if it only would give her a slim chance. 

"Oh, is this what you want? Try and take it, if you dare. Even if you did manage to call that detective, Nanomi, or whatever her name is, it would be far too late, at this point. " she said, as she teased the phone right in front of Mrs. Jackson's face. Mrs. Jackson went to reach for it, only for Osorai to pull the phone further away out of reach, while pushing the knife closer and closer.

"N-noooo!.. Please.. Just stop this!" cried Mrs. Jackson.

"Hahahahaha.. I can feel your will to live slowly slipping away Mrs. Jackson." said Osorai, in a sadistic yet playful tone. "But you don't get to go just yet. I wanna hear that blood curdling scream, again and again." she said, as Osorai's knife finally pressed down on Mrs. Jackson, as some of the hallucinogens began to seep into her body.

"Nghhh.. Ughh." yelped Mrs. Jackson, as she looked at Osorai, who was now bleeding through the eyes, as her face began to slowly contort, with an odd inhuman grin that spread ear to ear. "W-WAAAAAH!"  screamed Mrs. Jackson, as she continued to hallucinate. She ran out of the kitchen, in a panic. As she looked back, Osorai was just standing there, as her contorted head, was turned 180 degrees, as she looked straight into Mrs. Jackson's eyes. "S-stay away from me!!" screamed Mrs. Jackson, as she tried to run towards a window. Suddenly, hundreds of large demonic looking bats swarmed through the window that she tried to climb through. "AAAAAAAHHH!" screamed Mrs. Jackson, as she covered her head. 

"Heh heh heh heh.. Now this is what I live for. Those sounds of pure agony. I feel so alive!" she said, in pure bliss. Now scream! Scream until your voice goes out. Be horrified!" she said, as she enjoyed every minute of it. 

Mrs. Jackson ran up the stairs, to hide underneath the bed. She did her best to control her breathing, but she was so terrified, she couldn't help but pant. Loud creaking foot steps could be heard coming up the staircase, as it got louder and louder. As Mrs. Jackson looked at the wall, she could see the shadow of a horrific demonic creature, approaching. It appeared to vaguely resemble some sort of dog or canine species, but much more twisted, and with an unrealistically large mouth and teeth. "(Oh, dear god. What is that?)" she thought, as the creature growled, a low pitched, gurgling growl. The growling stopped, but the creature was now in full view, as it approached the bedroom. Mrs. Jackson was in tears, as the bizarre creature sniffed around. It was huge, probably twice the size of a wolf, but clearly not any existing canine species, as it's flesh appeared to be almost rotting, and it's body proportions were off. As the creature got closer and closer to the bed, Mrs. Jackson could only see it's massive paws, as it walked around, creaking the floor. Mrs. Jackson covered her mouth, to keep her self completely quiet, but the creature poked it's nose underneath the bed, and began to sniff. Mrs. Jackson was completely silent, but trembled as her heart was about to explode from fear. (It's not real, it's not real, it's not real, it's not real..) thought Mrs. Jackson, as she tried to convince herself. The creature let out a breathy exhale onto Mrs. Jackson, before taking it's snout out from underneath the bed. The creature began to slowly walk away. Mrs. Jackson felt a slight since of relief, but noticed the creature stopped in it's tracks right outside the bedroom door. "(Eh?) she thought. The creature suddenly let out a loud unworldly howl, as if a hundred wolves howled at the same time, in different pitches. The creature suddenly spun around incredibly fast, and dove underneath the bed, as it mauled Mrs. Jackson! "AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!" she screamed, as she could actually feel the pain of being mauled. 

Osorai made her way up the stairs, as she giggled, at the sound of the scream. She looked around for a second, and then underneath the bed. "Oh.. there you are." she said, as she dragged Mrs. Jackson out. "Hmph... I  guess I forgot to mention, the particular hallucinogen I use is so powerful, it even affects your sense of pain. Looks like you've had it." she said, as she looked at Mrs. Jackson's unconscious body, as she lied there drooling. Osorai looked over to Foreman Jackson, who was in a similar state. She walked over to him, and wiggled his arm a little. "He's out too, heh heh heh.. Welp, I'll let you two enjoy your nightmare, and when you come to, I guess... I'll be a bit compassionate, and just end you two." she said, as she kicked Foreman Jackson, next to his wife.

An hour or so later, Foreman Jackson woke up. "W-where am I?" said Foreman Jackson. "Ughhh!" he screamed, as he looked at Osorai, standing above him.

"Hmhmhmhm.. How's it goin, sleepy head? Did you enjoy your nightmare?" she said.

"I-I was unconscious? I t-thought I was being buried alive, and suffocated underground." he said, horrified. 

"Oh ho ho. Not yet at least. Sounds like an interesting, way to go though. If you want, I can make you relive that." she said, as her eyes narrowed.

"N-noooo! Please... No more." he begged, as he looked over to his wife. "W-what have you done to her?" he said.

"Ohh, she just passed out from her fear, that's all. She's in the same state you were. I gave her an even milder dose than you, as she was still aware of her surroundings at least, and could move around. Despite that, her dreadful scream was so much more satisfying than yours, heh heh." she said, chuckling.

"P-please.. I know it's pointless to ask you to let us go, but I beg of you, please just put both of us out of our misery. I can't stand this anymore. " he said.

"Huhuhuhuhu!.. I told ya, didn't I? Fine... You paid your price, so I'll grant you, your wish." she said, as she raised her knife. With two quick swipes, it was over. Foreman Jackson, and his wife were dead.

"That was fun.. I need more, though. So much, more. It's getting close to morning. For now, I guess I better get rid of these bodies, and clear any evidence that would lead to me."  she said, coldly. "My work here is done. Now Miakumi-sama can do what she needs to do with the mining company. I just hope she puts someone else in charge of that. Definitely, not my cup of tea." said Osorai, in a playful, yet oddly detached tone of voice, as she walked off into the night nonchalantly. 

To be continued:

Next time: I was careless..

0