Chapter 40: I Was Careless
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, Jaakuna decided to pay her techman, Ricardo, a visit. With her newfound powers, she needed upgrades to her sword, to match. 

"Oh, Jaakuna-san.. Nice to see you, again. Have you been working out? Your figure is even more flawless, than usual." said Ricardo.

"Oh Shut... up... Must we go through this every time, you ass kisser." she said, as she rolled her eyes. "Anyway, Yes. I've been improving myself to reach brand new heights. Heights that you couldn't even dream of. Which is why I need you to upgrade my doomsaber." she said, as she gave her saber to Ricardo.

"Upgrade it? It's the perfect weapon, unlike any other bladed weapon in existence. What more could you want?" said Ricardo.

"While it can channel nature energy, quite effectively, I need it to also be able; to absorb and channel my energy as well." said Jaakuna.

"Y-you're energy? What do you mean?" said Ricardo, a bit confused. Jaakuna lifted her palm, and ignited a purplish fireball, as she demonstrated her seishi control. "W-woah! How'd you do that?" he said, completely baffled.

"Heh heh heh.. Impressive, is it not? To put it simply, I can channel my life energy, and manifest it, into physical attacks." she said.

"Y-you're kidding. Like some anime shit?" said Ricardo.

"W-well.. Yeah, sort of. Anyway.. I need to be able to utilize my energy, through my sword." she said.

"Incredible. I always, thought you were just super strong and super fast. You're always blowing my mind, Jaakuna-san." he said.

"Hmph.. I admit, I must say, I even surprised myself, this time around. I had no idea, I was capable of such a thing. It just further goes to show, that I really do stand above all, and that I'm destined to be at the top. Soon this country, no.. this world, will be under my control. I'll show you what a true perfect society, is supposed to look like. But in order for that to happen, a few unfortunate souls that are standing in my way, have to go. " she said, as she made the fireball bigger, to demonstrate her superiority. 

"(And just when I thought her head, couldn't get any bigger.) thought Ricardo, to himself. "Welp, I'll give it my best shot. It'll be challenging, as I'm not that familiar with channeling life energy, but if it's anything like harnessing nature energy, than a few tweaks should do the trick. That way, you'll be able to amplify your swords nature energy control, with your own energy. I guess almost like, hooking up a guitar, to an amplifier. " said Ricardo.

"Sounds simple enough. Well, I better get going. Have it done, as soon as possible. Things are ramping up, at Kurai Yohei, and also with Naomi. I'm running out of time." said Jaakuna.

"You can count on me. I'll have it done, as soon as I can. I know this is a crucial time, for you." he said.

Elsewhere, at Kurai Yohei's headquarters, Jaakuna decided to stop by and get her mission report, but ran into Osorai, as well.

"Hmph.. Well, if it isn't the freak. You better not stay out during the day, for too long. You might turn to dust, hmhmhm.." said Jaakuna, as she mocked her.

"It's funny, because I know you're mocking me, but I can't help, but take it as a compliment. Even the number 1 mercenary agent, thinks I'm some inhuman freak. I must be doing something right. Perhaps, I've even mastered my craft more than you." said Osorai.

Jaakuna couldn't help, but chuckle at this comment. "Heh heh heh heh..  Aren't you awfully, talkative today, Osorai. You guys are starting to get way too comfortable around me. I'll admit, you bring impressive results, for a low tier, but don't worry.. You'll soon be reminded of why, you could never hope to stand as my equal." said Jaakuna.

"Oh, but you misunderstand.. I'd never challenge your spot, or anything like that, nor do I have the desire to. I'm well aware, of the vast difference between us. You could even say, I respect you Jaakuna-chan. You're a monster, in every sense of the word. However.. That arrogance of yours, keeps you from addressing the minute details." said Osorai, with a playful grin.

"What?.. Meaning?" said Jaakuna, inquisitively.

"For instance. I disposed of that Foreman and his wife, and I enjoyed and savored every minute of it. When Kurui and Ikara, didn't report back the next day, after attempting to take over the mining company, I knew immediately that they probably failed. So I took it upon myself, to take matters into my own hands, with a certain satisfaction, mind you." said Osorai, as she licked her lips.

"(Oh, no. Damn, her.. I figured, I had a while, before Miakumi took any other measures to take over the mining company, but.. I didn't even consider the possibility, that this bitch would pull a stunt like this on her own. Is she on to me? no...) thought Jaakuna.  "I see.. Quite a drastic move, to pull, without Miakumi-sama's consent. Kraig's mining company is in pretty close contact with Naomi. You could've gotten yourself arrested, or even killed." 

"Heh.. I had accounted for that, and moved accordingly. While, your elegant and roundabout way of doing things is nice, sometimes, you have to get down and dirty, to get the results you want. I bet you didn't even consider such a job. It would be far too beneath you, am I right?" said Osorai.

"Tch... Cool it, punk. I wouldn't get on my bad side, if I were you." said Jaakuna, getting a bit irritated.

"Heh heh heh.. My bad, my bad. I meant no harm.. You usually don't go out of your way to talk to me either, so I had to mess with you a bit." said Osorai.

"Hmph.. Whatever.. For your sake, you better chill, with that fake-ass playful demeanor. I'm not the one, you wanna patronize." said Jaakuna, as she left headquarters.

Osorai decided to report the news to Miakumi, "Good morning, Miakumi-sama. Forgive me, for taking measures into my own hands, but I decided to dispose of the foreman and his wife." she said.

"What's that, Osorai? You killed them? I trust you didn't leave any evidence." said Miakumi.

"Of course not. I'm sure that detective will be able to connect the dots, but there's no physical evidence that would lead to our exposure or anything like that." she said.

"Hmm.. I appreciate the enthusiasm, Osorai, and while it is fine to be proactive, in the future, I would prefer you go through me first, before making moves that drastic. Especially, when they are tied to big threats, like Naomi Senshima." said Miakumi.

"Yes ma'am. My apologies." said Osorai. 

"This is good, though. I'll assign you and Veneta to finish taking over the company.  As a matter of fact, I'll accompany you both, myself to make sure it succeeds. I won't allow Naomi Senshima to thwart our plans any further." she said. 

"I-I see. Does this mean, I'll have to be there to run the company as well?"  she said, dreading the thought.

"Oh no, don't worry. I'd hardly give you a job like that. Once I make sure Naomi, won't interfere, I'll leave that to Veneta." said Miakumi.

"(Thank god.)" thought Osorai.

As Jaakuna headed home, she was a bit irritated that things were panning out the way, they were at the organization.

"This is just great. That damn, Osorai, just had to pull a stunt like that. It's just setback after setback. That's ok.. With these new powers, I shouldn't have anything to fear. Even if all of the other agents, get new weapons, I doubt they'd be able to oppose me even in the worst case scenario. I just need to focus on getting Miakumi out of the picture. The rest of them will fall in line, whether they like it or not." she said, as she rode down the road. "Even with my new abilities, it's simply too risky to just challenge Miakumi to a straight up fight. No.. I'll have to find and create the best opportunity, for me to assassinate her. That's my only chance, against that monster. As far as Naomi goes, heh heh.. I believe it's about time, I dealt with her as well." she thought to herself. 

The next day, Naomi, received a call from Ms. Akure asking about Foreman Jackson's whereabouts.

"Miss Naomi, have you heard from Foreman Jackson? I tried to get in touch with him today, but one of his employees said they haven't been able to get ahold of him for a couple of days. I was wondering if you had any idea, of what was going on." said Ms. Akure.

"Now that you mention it, no. I haven't heard anything from him either. Shit.. Don't tell me." she said, as she got a bad feeling in her gut. "I know his address, I'll see if he's home." she said, as she got dressed, and hopped in her car. (Damn.. Please don't tell me they got to him. I had assumed, they would come for me, but... it's not entirely impossible that they would just go after him directly.) she thought as she headed to Foreman Jackson's house. Upon arrival, she knocked on the door to see if he would answer. "Foreman Jackson, it's me.. Detective Naomi. Foreman Jackson?" she said, hoping he would answer. She looked over to his car, and saw that the tires were slashed. A feeling of extreme anxiousness overwhelmed Naomi. Now desperate, she decided to just come in. "The door, wasn't locked, and the tires were slit? This is bad. Foreman Jackson!!" she said, with no one answering. She searched all around the house, and found no one. She eventually gave up, and sat down next to the bed. "I-I can't believe it. How could I have let this happen." she said, blaming herself. She looked around to see if she could find any evidence, but the house seemed oddly untouched. "Shit! This is definitely Kurai Yohei. It's like no one's been here. The fact that they took the time to erase all the evidence like this means.. He's most likely... dead." she said, covering her face in guilt. "If they were holding him hostage, they wouldn't have went this far. Damn it! This is all my fault. All this strength. All that training, and people died, under my watch. I've had it. This has gone too far. I'm putting an end to all of this." she said, with clear determination and anger.

To be continued:

Next time: Naomi vs. Veneta and Osorai..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0