Chapter 9 | New life
1.3k 13 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9 | New life

-9-

After completing the shopping trip Mom was in the kitchen making dinner, it would be curry with rice for dinner and it smelled amazing, I could almost feel the taste in my mouth! 

 

Being back in my room was nice, since it was quiet and peaceful compared to the living room downstairs, I really wanted a bean bag in my room though. The bookshelf was sparsely populated with books, though I found some books that piqued my interest, for example there was a book about animals, and another one about gaming. 

 

Since there still was some time left until dinner I chose to read the books, getting them from the bookshelf and plopping them down on the bed. I didn’t spend a lot of time reading the books but I learnt some new things, but for some reason the section about cats really gave off a vibe that I couldn’t ignore, like as if I needed to read about it. And of course, I read it. 

 

I learned some things about me I guess, like that I would potentially purr in uncomfortable situations or that my ears and tail could reveal my mood. Sure I was not really a cat but I am fairly certain that these behaviours could be applied to me.

 

And then was the book about gaming, apparently people could make themselves a decent career out of it, either competing in professional tournaments or becoming entertainers on the internet. 

 

I got a flashback.

 

-o-

 

“Punchew! Enemy east corridor.”

 

“Copy.”

 

The figure in the hoodie moved her mouse, flicking her screen to the right before shooting down the enemy.

 

-o-

 

What was that about? I got a flashback, I think it was about someone playing a video game. Makes me want to play it as well. Hmm. Let’s put that in for what I would like to get for my room.

 

Mom called me to dinner. “Misaki! Dinner is ready!”

Of course I replied in an equally loud voice. “I’m coming!”

 

So, walking down the stairs and getting to the kitchen table, it had four seats, two on each side. The aroma that the curry gave off was tempting, Ayumi had prepared four plates of rice along with curry on the side, the curry itself was a golden yellow and I think it was shining too. Maybe that was my imagination, but all in all, it tasted delicious! Far better than that hospital crap and in comparison was goodly. Home cooking is the best. Another thing to note was that Kaoru’s father came home just in time for dinner. I asked Ayumi about it and she told me that he would stay at the cafe sometimes, sleeping there on the upper floor which had a shower and bedroom.

 

Since I finished first I got to use the shower first, going into the shower I locked the bathroom door and turned on the shower head. Feeling the warm water flow down my body I got lost in thought. Today has been quite the day haven’t it? Snapping out of my thoughts I got to washing my tail and hair. I had brought with me a white summer dress to change into instead of the usual hoodie and skirt, giving me a new innocent and summer like vibe. I got out of the shower after drying my hair and tails along with putting on the dress. Definitely gonna need to tell Mom that I want some new things.

 

I thought about where she could be, the most probable place would be the living room, and so I walked down the stairs finding Mom sitting on the couch doing something on her laptop. I walked up to the couch, sitting right besides her. “M-mom, can I have a computer and bean bag please?” I asked in the cutest way possible, trying to woo her to do that. She looked at me with a big warm smile and replied. “Of course my love, anything specific?” Yes! It worked and now I could specify what I wanted too! I put the tip of my index finger on my lips while giving a thoughtful glance. “Hmmm. A red bean bag that is like, large and comfy! And for my computer… Maybe one of those “Gaming” computers? I really want to play games.” I said, trying to explain what I wanted. “A red bean bag? Sure, anything else?” “Headset and mouse for computer please!” I gave her a grin, I was happy to get these new things. “I’ll try and get them as soon as possible for my cute daughter alright?” “Okay!”. With that over, I got back to my room and plopped down on the bed. It was soft and fluffy but lacked warmth, something that made it a bit uncomfortable until my body heat could warm it enough.

 

I didn’t really get too much sleep today though, since I was in my thoughts imagining how people at school would react, and playing games. The first thing was something I didn’t look forward to, I mean who wants to go to school? But the second thing, man… If I actually get into these “competitive” games would I be able to win? These thoughts lingered on through the night, taking the form of dreams while I slept.


800 words reee

want to know when the next chapter is coming out? Join my discord server! link: https://discord.gg/9CAAQA6Kbc

want to see what I'm doing over at youtube? Just search for the name "Punchew", I recently posted a very cool minecraft cinematic so go check me out! Want to support me in some way? Share and like this story!

donate to my ko-fi if you want to, after all it's your choice!

51