Chapter Three: A Belonging of a Yōkai Clan
581 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A baby laid on top of a pack of bushes inside a forest that was radiating lights of luminous blue, lovely violet, and even cute pink. Their leaves weren't green, but rather sky blue or pink.

 

Briefly speaking, the trees here kind of resembles a cherry tree's appearance.

 

To being born in China and living there for sixteen years, I've come to the conclusion that I have been reincarnated into a world that is most definitely Japanese-based. Heck, even the words are Japanese, and what's that got to do for me?

 

For starters, I know Chinese and it can really help in learning Japanese because a lot of the words sounds similar. Why? Well, many of the Japanese Language's concepts came from the Chinese Langauge.

 

However, thanks to this temporary Lord of Language skill, I theorized that my mother-tongue language will become understandable to other people who only know languages they know and I will be able to understand languages that they know.

 

It's a really handy skill if it wasn't TEMPORARY.

However, now I can test my weeaboo-ness if I can understand a long line of Japanese speech or a complicated set of paragraphs inside Japanese books. I just hope they are in a novel-level range because I primarily used my knowledge in the Japanese language specifically for watching anime in raw and for reading Japanese novels in my previous life.

 

Ah, how much I missed watching anime. I can't do that now since it looks like my set is in an ancient version of Japan. All of those episodes and good anime I have missed...

 

That wasn't important now, for the moment of course. You thought I was gonna quit being an Otaku? Nah. I admit that I'm even a Fujoshi, a rotten minded woman, or baby...

 

In my current situation, it didn't look like it was getting any better or worse, which is neutrally good for me. I didn't feel hungry or thirsty, just a little bit bored.

 

Heh, should I torment Celestial Guide for my own sickening pleasure?

 

"Hey, there buddy~ I hope you won't mind me spamming in the chat," I spoke to the System before rambling about my life problems in my previous life.

 

Oh, how I hated when the exams results are out and then you found out some of your questions' correct answers were switched.

 

I also hated the fact when I doubt my spelling and decided to erase everything and write down the word again differently, but the first spelling I did was actually right once the results were out.

 

Did I ever mention accidentally having my phone fall into my face whenever I lay down? Yep, it's both annoying and a tad painful.

 

And did you ever go to a buffet and some of your favorite selections quickly ran out before you could have a taste of it?!

 

Have you ever went out for a long trip and decided to read a novel downloaded inside your phone but it wasn't finished downloading, and so now you can't read it?!

 

Can you believe me if I told you I was always the target during April's Fools?!

 

God dammit, this is making me angry instead! 

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

 

[Celestial Guide: Subject Two, would you like me to pour ice water on top of you?]

 

"If it means dying faster due to catching a cold, then yes." I scoffed, trying to cross my fatty and tiny arms, but no matter what form or position I did, my baby arms won't allow me.

 

Splash!

 

A freezing liquid went all over my baby body that I was immediately shaking due to the low temperature I was feeling. I was so frustrated with this new world's welcome, mostly due to Celestial Guide, that I literally cried in tears.

 

Hey! I was just being sarcastic you sadist! Go find your own masochist!

 

However, I can only vividly imagine this System to be snickering at my misery...

 

Though, who would have thought that my cries attracted a couple of Yōkais nearby and went towards me. They wore a vibrant red and black shaded furisode(1) with sword cases hanging on their belt

 

These two Yōkais could have been considered a tiny bit handsome if they didn't show up with a grim and panicked expression. However, their facial expressions turned into hope and elatedness after taking a few minutes staring at my soaked body...

 

Are you entities happy to see a baby shivering and soaking wet?!

 

What the hell! They even started dancing up and down around me! These bunch of Yōkais really are...darkening my views on this new world.

 

"The Clan Lord will reward us, won't they? Mhm, mhm, we found the missing young master so we will definitely be rewarded handsomely!" One of the Yōkais exclaimed excitedly. However, I should be the one getting excited after hearing that I'm a young master of a clan, but I don't know if I am a concubine-born, so...I should neither be happy or gloomy.

 

I don't want to use my Lord of Language skill either

 

The only reason why I used it on that rather mindless floating demon is that they are most likely more idiotic than these two hooligans squealing in front of a baby. That floating demon fled away after I gave him a logical statement and never once did they considered that a talking baby might be powerful considering they talk with their vocals still not fully developed...

 

Pa! Who am I kidding? With this psychopathic System that hasn't told me what set of skills I gained, or if he gave me any at all! How should I be given power that I am supposed to have like any MCs in other novels?

 

Hah...I think I reincarnated into a darker and harder version of a reincarnation novel...

 

"O-Oh! Young master is soaking wet and freezing! We were so excited in finding young master that we let them be devoured by the cold..." One of the Yōkai suddenly gained brain-cells, alarming the other Yōkai besides him.

 

Quickly, the two monkeys kowtowed, pressing their head hard on the soil before exclaiming their shouts in unison: "We beg young master that they will be merciful and spare these lowly servants!"

 

I mentally gritted my teeth since I was a newborn infant. I cannot show my temporary skill at the moment as to not gain attention from foodie lovers, aka Yōkais whose class are demons or supernatural monsters with intelligence unlike the first one she met.

 

How can I tell these monkeys that I am about to die from cold without using verbal language?

 

Well, I decided to cry and wiggle around, albeit a baby's cry can mean many things such as being hungry or they are done with their business on their diapers.

 

My cry and wiggle formed a body language and notified the two monkeys that I wanted to be in a very warm place with clothes on and a comfy mattress. It went as of how I expected it to go!

 

One of the monkeys hurriedly made a blanket appear and used it to wrap around my body as if I was a tortilla. I snuggled against the warmth of the cotton-made blanket as if it was the softest thing I have ever touched.

 

The two Yōkais walked me to multiple directions on which I assume will lead us to the Clan's location, which is probably my new home now.

 

Wow! I guess Celestial Guide's giving me this skill wasn't so bad after all! I can transform my body language into words going through an entity's mind

 

Of course, I have to give myself a pat on the back for having such a smart brain.

 

[Celestial Guide: Congratulations Subject Two, for having the achievement That's Great, You Exist!]

 

I can't tell if this System is mocking me or just down-right insulting me, such a sadist indeed!

 

It took half an hour to get to the Clan's fortified building.

 

By the time we arrived, my skill called Lord of Languages has already lost its effects. Hopefully, I will grow independent quickly and use my fast-learning human skill to good use, although I have to repay back using stress.

 

"Halt, who goes there?!" One of the guards roared frighteningly. He was standing on top of the intimidating wall that was surrounding the Clan's massive structure. I found out that the Clan's structure building is indeed big by observing the length and width of this frightening wall made of glowing and prism-like crystals that stood in front of their fragile bodies, especially hers.

 

The two Yōkais can't help but taste fear either.

 

The one who was carrying me managed to gather every inch of his strength and lifted me up in the air Lion King-styled and then introduced themselves. "I am Doi(2), a lowly servant of the Scarlet Phoenix Clan who has been ordered to search for young master alongside with an assigned partner, Danno."

 

When I first heard Doi, I immediately felt sorry for him having that name. I'm sure it doesn't have the same meaning, but it sounds like a Cantonese profanity that is Diū, or the equivalent of Fuck in English.

 

Eh, I can always order him to introduce himself in the way of anime as this is literally a copy of Japan. Who knows? Maybe if this world evolved and created anime, maybe Doi will become a history that will be found by future millennials way into the future.

 

The man who shouted for our identities suddenly flew down and crashed into the ground in front of our view. He created a large crater where he landed and shook the surrounding trees as well as the ground...

 

ヽ(;▽;)ノ I'm an innocent infant, have mercy...

 

"You have done well, lowly servants. This godly general will reward you, do not worry." The self-proclaimed general stated. His voice was too loud that he sounded like he was shouting, and that caused the poor Dio and Danno to fall to their knees and shiver as if they were asking for eternal forgiveness.

 

Danno was the most unfortunate, as he fainted and had foams forming in his mouth. The poor guy couldn't handle the pressure! In the other hand, Dio with a shaking body, kept his arms still as possible for he was afraid of dropping me.

 

He was actually giving me to this scary general as if I was a sacrificial lamb!

 

Waaah! I like Doi's less muscular form! Please, don't eat me scary general, boo hoo...!

 

I lost all sense of maturity that was caused by my puberty and became an actual baby.

 

Could you blame me?! Even two grown adults were terrified out of their wits just by feeling this general's intense aura!

 

He was taller than eight-foot tall, possessed a very masculine and built body which can be compared to a boxer high on steroids, and lastly his head matches that of an Oni Mask(1)

 

I have never seen so scary in my life, I have been scarred forever...

 

"I shall now deliver this belonging back to the Clan Leader. You may go back to your dorms to rest and wait for your rewards." After the general had spoken those sentences, Doi had nodded obediently and thanked the nightly general on his and Danno's behalf.

 

The monkey pulled the other monkey up and then positioning him on his back in order to carry him before casually walking through the crystal wall as if it was just air...

 

(○□○)?!

 

Ah, I forgot momentarily that magic existed in this world as a form of Ying and Yang...

 

Like hell I would get used to that concept after an hour!

 

I have no time to look at the crystal wall any further as the ori general flew over the wall and leaped towards a grander-looking entrance of the Clan's structure. It looks like it was located at the very peak of the building, which was over the clouds' limit.

 

The scary General made it obvious which direction we were going since he was going straight towards it without a stop...

 

Also, as we are flying at the moment, I took this as a chance to look below me and observe as many details as I could.

 

There were other crystal walls apart from the entrance, and counting all of the Clan's walls, there are four crystal walls in total dividing some parts of the Clan's structure, albeit the architecture still looks very beautiful with its ancient Chinese-Pui! Ancient Japanese designs with a bit of complexity and azure colors such as red, blue, orange, and yellow.

 

When we had arrived in front of the extravagant pair of massive doors made out of gold and whatever fancy materials this world has to offer, it opened up and revealed an even more expensive-looking room!

 

Wah, dear mother my newborn eyes became instantly blind from all these shiny kinds of stuff we could never afford in the previous lifetime!

 

Pillars were noticeably made from the same materials as those crystal walls, but their appearance looked more smooth and reflective. The entire silks inside the room were either colored as red or yellow, and the floors were made out of shiny white-marbles that one's entire appearance could be seen clearer than that of a water's reflection!

 

At the end of the room, a large throne that is much taller than this ori general himself is built at the center.

 

And on that throne sits an incredibly sexy woman that is described in countless reincarnation, transmigration, wuxia, and xianxia stories!

 

I felt like my sexuality was suddenly bent at an instant...

 

Is that what a heavenly defying beauty means?! To make anyone fall for them even women?!

Wah...these types of women are really scary!

 

"Ca-Can I please hug your thigh?" I blurted out unexpectedly. However, only baby gibberish came out and I hope that she didn't understand what I had said. That would be a great relief! But seriously though, can I hang onto your thigh o' Great Goddess one?

 

[Celestial Guide: Hmph] Was all the System could arrogantly say at the foolish human's behavior that they were witnessing.

 

As if hearing my thoughts, the sexy bloomed an enchanting smile that would make any beautiful flower fields turn into ivy!

 

"Come here to auntie, little one!" She exclaimed elatedly, gesturing the scary general to come over eagerly with her slender and very white-jade skin tone, not a single pore could be seen on that very godly hand!

 

Yes, auntie! I will do as you say, auntie! Can I marry you, auntie?-Pa! I will just hang onto your jade thighs instead, Goddess diety auntie!

 

In the other hand, the System felt like regretting choosing this mortal as their host.

 

Each time I got closer towards to the Goddess sitting on the throne, I felt like I was drooling a bit as I itched to hug her and sleep on her bosoms.

 

But that fantasy was stopped mid-way when the scary General suddenly fell on his knees and looked directly at the ethereal beauty.

 

"Yes, auntie! This nephew shall obey auntie!" The general exclaimed sincerely. But I, in the other hand, had figuratively committed to have vomit blood!

 

∑(;°Д°)......

 

Pah! What is this?! Was I not the young master that will hang onto this kind Goddess and beg her to help me find my family??

 

"And who is this that you have bought in my room?" The deity auntie asked the general. Her smile was not as bright as she had given to her nephew that was carrying me! Her eyes told me that I wasn't much of importance...

 

 ('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`) Farewell, young romance...

"This is a child of Madame Ying Feng Mian the Divine Doctor that came from the outside." The ori general informed shortly to the sexy Goddess. Hell! That Divine Doctor and I shares the same surname! I never thought I would ever see a Chinese identity ever again besides looking at the mirror to look at my reflection.

 

The Goddess auntie just nodded her head and ordered the scary general to take me to my announced mother. 

 

This world's mother, I am sorry but my previous mother will always be the best mother I will ever have!

 

I doubt this Divine Doctor wants me anyway since they don't seem too concerned and how did she lose me in the forest anyways?! I was most likely thrown aside, wasn't I...?

 

I soon got my answer when the scary general took me to what seems to be a large courtyard in one of the higher grounds of the Scarlet Phoenix Clan's structure. When he looked at me to bid his good bye, his eyes showed a shocking hint of pity and concerns!

 

This scary man...was showing emotions towards me...?

 

Boo...hoo...! I was about to cry in tears! This was the first time in this world someone has sincerely showed such an emotion directly at me, and it looks like I did get thrown away by this Divine Doctor!

 

I was about to show my upmost gratitude, but the scary general immediately had left me on the grassy courtyard. I watched him as he faded into view, my eyes almost glittering in fact!

 

Big brother general, I will kowtow to show my thanks to you in the future!

 

From then on, she learned not to mainly judge on the person's appearance, and instead how they behave, act, and their personality!

 

Mhm, mhm, this is a good moral that she will most likely break after seeing another scary oni!

 

[Celestial Guide: Subject Two is aware that she is a belonging of a Yōkai Clan, correct?]

 

Out of the blue, the System suddenly asked me a question. I decided to answer them since why not? I was in a good mood actually and moved on from my first heartbreak! That heavy feeling of lust and eagerness of touch was gone at an instant after leaving that grand room that was flexing its extreme wealth.

 

"Mhm, I am. What about it?" I gave him a question to be fair. I am also curious about these Yōkai Clans in the Onmyoji World! Are some of the Clans allied with the humans or do they all have animosity towards one another?

 

[Celestial Guide: One of the Five Great Clans of the  Yōkai Empire will fall into ruins once the MC of the story arrives in the Yōkai Dimension. If host is lucky, she will avoid said event in the next sixteen years or so.]

 

My happy mood went from eight-percent to negative zero. My gleeful face that I had worn turned unexpectedly into grim and bitter.

 

I was going to die at the age of sixteen again was I not?

 

(Glossary)

(1) Doi: It means earth or mountain in Japanese. However, it sounds a bit alike to Diū, meaning Fuck in English.

 

(2) Oni Mask: A Mask resembling a demon or a kind of of evil spirit. Originated in Japan.

10