Chapter 76: To make an entrance and clear a misunderstanding.
4.5k 59 165
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmph. The sun is setting. It is time."

So I say as I look from the balcony at the hues of orange that have started to paint the sky.

"Yes, My Lord. The time has come for us to do what we came for and I can safely say that everything is ready, for all the preparations are in order and our comrades are prepared to move at a moment’s notice.”

Erevain, who is at my side, says that with a certain expression on her face. One that has some anticipation mixed in with her usual cautiousness, but there’s something else in that mix…

"Indeed, but...are you ready, Erevain?"

I have asked her this question multiple times already, but she is about to face the rest of her family for the first time after everything that happened. Heck, she will most probably fight them.

And that, coupled with that which she is trying to hide, is making me ask that.

"I am, My Lord."

She turns to me and as she says that she produces a reassuring smile…one that doesn’t reach her eyes…which makes me reach out and hold one of her hands. Then, I look at her in the eyes, not with pressure or intimidation, but concern.

I mean, if you were to tell me to fight Nana because she is doing something terrible and stupid, it would still be hard for me...

Heh, and not just because I’d be afraid of her wrath, which is a very good reason. It would just be difficult for me. Yes...even if I went through what Erevain did.

So, imagine how she must be feeling…no…scratch that…there’s no need to imagine, her strong front has crumbled away and now there’s a complex expression on her face...

“Haaa…that look is cheating, My Lord…”

“Huhu…perhaps but I do not mind using it if it’s to help you.”

“I…I cannot deny that there is a knot in my throat made of all the uncertainty that has built up over these days...but then I remember how my Father is going against both my Mother's last words and the last will of the Great Founder, the tragedy of Ryze Village, the siege, Illumbee Village, the Evil God’s blood…and that knot disappears.”

Her gaze turns into a glare as she declares the following:

“He is no longer the father I used to know…he is a stranger.”

But that glare softens as she turns to look at the palace before continuing.

“As for Licht and Mary…I still want to believe that they had a reason to do what they did…one that I want to try and understand. Because I want to…hope that they can still redeem themselves. But for me to ascertain that, I cannot stay holed up in a forest playing bandit, nor I can stay in My Lord’s castle.”

As she is about to make another declaration, her glare turns into an expression full of conviction.

“I must go and talk with them, be it with my voice…or my blade.”

With that, she interlocks her fingers with mine, turns to me, and smiles…

"Last but not least..."

It is a smile full of endearment.

"...I must be by your side, My Lord. And pardon me for what I am about to say but...even if My Lord did not have that absurd level of power, I would have still wanted to be by your side while doing this."

So warm...

So gorgeous…

"And she pretty much confessed too, dear~~."

I know! Don't point it out!! I was trying to focus on her smile to stop myself from getting red!!!

"Too late, dear~~."

AND WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?!!!

"*ahem*Hypotheticals are just that, hypothetical. Absurd power or not, you are by my side now and I would not have it any other way, Erevain. As for what needs to be done…it shall be done. With that said, I know I declared it so before, but will you give me the pleasure of dancing with you before we fight our respective Dragon Lords?"

I know that I am saying this while being all red! I know! But I am still making my best non-idiot mc face right now!! A cool face!!

And before such things, Erevain’s eyes widen a bit before giggling in a very feminine way.

"I would be glad to do so, My Lord."

________________________________________________________

A bit has passed since my balcony talk with Erevain and I’m now standing in the suite’s living room, in front of all the Maid-Knights that have come with me to the Capital.

Furthermore, Erevain, Erica, Gabrielle and I are about to teleport to Ludovica's guest room in the Cathedral.

Why? Well…it is Ludovica's invitation, so we must arrive with her.

Hmm? Where is the fanservice scene of us changing clothes? Haha! You do know that getting ready for a ball implies make-up too, right?

At first, I thought no one here would know how to do our makeup, but then I thought to ask Erica and yep, she does know how to do makeup. She said that a royal attendant must be prepared for any eventuality.

Buuuut…then she said that she was too out of practice and didn’t want to risk messing up.

Which led to her apologizing a lot, but I told her it was fine.

Still, if only I had bought that special edition real size statue of besto waifu, then I could have gotten some practice and done everyone’s make up.

But...they were sold out in mere seconds...so sad...

And so, my lovely Nerinne is going to take care of that mid-teleportation.

As in we’ll be ready to marvel to everyone at the venue in a ‘poof’.

Yep, she is that good.

"I am that good indeed."

Heh.

Now…

"We already discussed everything that needed to be discussed in the morning, my Knights, so I shall be brief. I have high expectations for each and every one of you. When Violet Death's forces arrive, I shall communicate with you through Sophie’s skill and teleport you to your relevant positions."

So I say with my edge alter tone to the maids and Lyra.

Of course, this is also being transmitted to the maids in the castle.

"Before we go, would anyone like to say something?"

"Me!"

Hearing my question, Bertia immediately exclaims that while raising her hand and doing a small jump.

"Yes, Bertia?"

"Go get them Master!! Everyone!!"

Heh, this girl is so simple, but she just knows what to say and I can’t help but smile before declaring the following:

"We will."

With that, those who are coming to the ball nod and get close to me as I start the chant for the teleportation spell.

Man, to think that the week that seemed like a month or more of waiting has finally come to an end.

Kept you waiting, huh?

_______________________________________________

The night seemed to have quickly fell upon the capital of the Kyrie Kingdom.

It was as if the planet itself could not wait much longer to bear witness to the things that were about to happen.

Things that could very well be said to have been put in motion the moment a group of five women began to walk through the halls of the Royal Palace.

They had entered without a single problem thanks to the woman leading the group and of course, their invitation.

But that did not mean their entrance was uneventful, for one of the ladies caused quite the reaction on some of the guards.

"T-the QUEEN?!"

"QUEEN REGENT?!!"

“Queen…Theresa…”

"No...it is not her but..."

Some would kneel while saying the name of the deceased Queen Regent in a nervous manner, while other, older guards, would tear up knowing that the woman in front of them was not their beloved Regent, but someone remarkably similar to her.

"Thank you, Miss. For letting us see her once more, at least if for the instant that we mistook you for her."

That is what one of the guards, an old but still strong looking man, told the lady with a smile after the tears had dripped off his face.

A smile that the lady paid in kind and more, for there was a unique warmth to it, one that was not like the Queen’s and yet it still felt familiar to the old guard.

"There is no need to thank me, it makes me glad that she is still loved to this extent."

Someone privy to her heart would notice the tinge of nostalgia that her eyes carried when she spoke to that guard. A nostalgia unique to those reuniting with someone they had not seen in years.

And that was not the only one, for other guards said similar things to her as she and the other ladies made their way to the hall that led to the venue, only stopping when they arrived there.

The place was adorned with various decorations that gave a truly eventful feel to the place, including a beautifully made red carpet that led the guests to the hall that would be the venue for the night.

Said carpet had rows of guards on each side and they all respectfully saluted the woman who was leading the rest.

She was wearing a formal attire worthy of someone with her position, it was nothing too risqué, but one could still appreciate her gorgeous feminine figure molding said attire. One that had the colors of the Church, as in red with white and gold accents here and there.

"Your Holiness."

"Good evening, your Holiness."

Such were the salutes she received as she kept walking through the hall with her guests.

And it was obvious why, for the one who they were saluting was none other than the Head of the Church, Ludovica Aldert. Furthermore, she was taking her valued guests to be formally introduced to the noble society of the Kyrie Kingdom.

Although, that is not to say that there were not any commoners in there.

Because there were, from those with great achievements, to those who won an invitation for themselves and their family in the lottery of their respective territories.

All so that nobles and royals would not lose touch with their people.

As such, they were not there for the sake of appearances, but as guests of honor, worthy of being heard and respected. Just as any other citizen of the Kingdom.

And of course, such views meant that there was no discrimination towards them.

Not only that but doing so would be against the law of the Kingdom and the very Goddess of their world.

That would also mean that those who did so had lost sight of what they were and the nature of their duties as nobles, for while the name was indeed such, they were but civil servants and they were certainly not above other citizens.

Be it before the law, the religion, or the Goddess.

Their only difference being the scope of their job.

Furthermore, that same Goddess, in her wisdom and desire to squash petty reasons for wars, spoke against that specific folly.

‘You who are noble, shall not betray the virtue that gives name to such title by seeing yourself as above those you serve or worse…seeing them as lesser. For that is a folly that begets the ruin of a country. And on the contrary, only through humility and knowledge of whom you really serve can a strong country be built.’

Such were her words as passed to the Head of the Church of the time, and her words have yet to be proven false...

Indeed, even with the dissatisfaction towards the King that permeates the Capital, for such foolishness was not something that the overseers of other territories shared. Instead, they listened to their people, were with their people, and thus, they were loved by them in return.

"We are here, Lady Argento. I hope that you and I have a fructiferous night."

So said Ludovica to the woman that was beside her.

A benefit only given to Regents or people of equal standing in such kind of events.

And the smile she showed at such woman could be seen as a gracious one, but just as with her words, there was a deeper meaning behind it that the other lady understood and agreed with.

This was the night where everything they have done would bear fruit.

"Hmph, I assure you. It will be."

Such were the lady’s words as a confident smile adorned her face, all while the doors to the venue opened and the lights bathed their whole selves, their entrance being preceded by the voice of the announcer who had already started.

"...her Holiness, Ludovica Aldert!"

As all the guests bowed respectfully at the Head of the Church, the announcer’s gaze fell on the ladies that accompanied her for a second and he found himself almost speechless. But only for a moment, for his training had prepared him well and he immediately regained his composure.

"Her guests, Lady Auros Argento, Miss Eresh Kur, Miss Gabrielle Aeryn and Miss Erica La Fonte!"

And so, they all stepped in and everyone was left agape by the beauty of Ludovica's guests.

Of course, said Ludovica had a smug smile on her face as she saw such reaction.

After all, she was clearly proud of them, just like the Goddess she represented.

There were no murmurs, no people walking to greet them, just an admiring silence.

Yes…everyone simply watched as they moved inside the venue.

Some had their eyes set on the black-haired woman with the gorgeous and almost shining, white and silver A-line off shoulder formal dress, shaken by her resemblance to the deceased Queen Regent.

"Is that the..."

"No, she resembles her, but she is not her..."

"Indeed, the resemblance is uncanny, but those of us who knew the Regent can feel it...the air around Miss Eresh is different...not bad, but different."

"Oh."

Those were the words of some of the nobles who could help but break the silence.

Others were looking at the blonde woman who had her hair done in graceful curls. Everything about her gave the air of a noble or the future head of an important merchant household.

"She must be the Head of her Household..."

"That is quite obvious if you ask me."

Her green dress had a more classical feel to it, one that exhaled the dignity of the woman wearing it without hiding her assets.

And still others directed their gaze at the youngest looking of the ladies, a short haired blonde woman who wore a sea-blue short dress that emphasized mobility but did not lose on beauty. And even if her neckline was covered, unlike her companions', her shoulder-less attire complimented her fine but fit figure.

"Could she be the younger sibling of one of them?"

"Hmm, she could be their attendant...her bearing is similar to that of one."

"Now that you mention it, her bearing does look like that. But for her to come without her uniform implies that she is highly trusted and in a high position herself.”

"Yes, but we have to agree that regardless of that she is as beautiful as the others."

"Oh, certainly."

“Indeed.”

That is what could be heard from a group composed of female nobles and female commoners.

But of course, most of the attention fell on a certain someone.

She was like a black hole, pulling the eyes of everyone at the venue towards her.

"A Queen..."

"What is this sensation..."

"Such beauty...such a noble bearing...no...royal..."

"She must clearly be the Regent of her country..."

"Her dress is...certainly different but it feels so right..."

“Big…”

“*gulp*…”

Yes, black as her dress which contrasted beautifully with her pale skin and golden hair. One that could be considered daring by those who took the classical standards to heart. While others would call it as the only dress that could make justice to the woman wearing it. And many more felt that it was revolutionary, taking aspects of what was known and adding them to those not so known.

It was then that the woman named Auros Argento smiled and said the following:

"Very well then, time to work."

_____________________________________________

The moment I saw her, I was speechless.

The raw beauty that had charmed me back then at the village was perfectly represented in the dress that she was wearing.

To the point that I even wanted to ask her for her hand right after the teleport.

That was the first person that had awakened such thoughts within me.

And I know it deeply in my heart that she will be the only one.

Many before her tried to enter my heart, but it was not meant to be, regrettably for them.

That is not to say that there was something wrong with any of my marriage candidates, or with the citizens that I had established a closer relationship.

Or with her whom I was the closest…

It was but a simple matter, my heart did not beat in that way for them. Not as it did back then at the village, nor as it does when we talk, when she holds my hand, and certainly not as it is beating now that the lights of this royal venue bath her pale skin.

She is the woman I want to spend my life with.

Serving her.

Fighting for and with her.

Loving her.

And I know that I am not the only one.

My close friend thinks the same as me.

And the very Goddess of our world is already her declared partner.

Her first.

But all of that does not matter.

If the Goddess is her first partner.

Then I will be her first mortal partner.

Something that might have been her design, for she helped in creating the situation that kickstarted these feelings of mine when she gave me that nightwear at that time.

And it that is the case, then I will seize that position.

Which is the same position Gabrielle desires.

But this is a fight that I will not lose against her.

Hmm…it seems that My Lord already started mingling as these were crossing my mind.

I had taught her what to do and what not to do, yet I cannot help but still be surprised by how well she is doing everything.

Not only that, but the air around her has changed.

It is the air of someone with experience in talking with figures of power, and a new side of her that I find...sublime.

It is as if she has put a mask over her whole being before greeting every guest by their last names in a perfect show of etiquette, all while gracefully moving as she always does.

"To think that we would return to the palace like this, Leader..."

And pulling me out of the charmed stated I found myself in is my close friend and someone I consider a younger sibling, Erica.

"Indeed. Just how many times did we practice dancing in this same place...? Heh, I can almost see our child selves being corrected by Miss Mirna..."

Yes…I can see and feel that those memories have almost brought a nostalgic smile on our faces...if it were not for the presence of two people in them, Licht and Mary, turning what was sweet memory into a bittersweet one.

"Haaa…but enough reminiscing, Erica. We must follow the plan and mingle with everyone until the King makes his move."

"Yes, Leader."

________________________________________________

It has been, what? An hour?

Well, I have been mingling with the guests for about that time.

And let me tell you something, wearing this dress feels quite nice.

Yes, yes, I know...I should be feeling more embarrassed, like with my Gothic Lolita outfit.

But that one now feels as if it was training for this one.

In any case, my darling wasn't kidding when she said she based her designs on some of the dresses found on the internet.

The one I am wearing seems like a mix of edge alter’s ball dress from the game and the one from a certain celebratory fanart.

As in, it is black with silver embroidery in the lower part of the dress. And while it also shoulderless, I am covered by a fluffy scarf. You know, one of those luxurious fluffy scarfs. Which is also black, of course.

But she also took elements of the fashion native to her world, as I can clearly see now through what the other guests are wearing.

The result is a dress perfect for my body.

Too much cleavage, you say? Heh, I don't mind showing this much cleavage since I know there will not be any accidents and 'falling over' if you get what I mean. This dress was made by Nerinne after all, so it has magic that keeps everything place.

I also don’t mind because I love my chest!

Then again, this is fan servicey enough.

The other Maid-Knight's too, right? You’re welcome for that.

Although Erevain's white and silver dress shows just enough of her cleavage to be alluring, it is not as much as mine. Still, everything in her gorgeous figure is emphasized in an elegant way. She truly looks like a Princess...

As for Gabrielle, she is rocking that isekai ojou-sama look perfectly as always and that dress just elevates her even further. So magnificent…

Meanwhile, Erica looks quite elegant with a hint of tomboyishness. Yes, I know the irony of that term, but it is the image that fits her perfectly.

That said, Erevain and Gabrielle are pretty much tied for most beautiful heroine of the night...because they are both making my heart go doki doki with every expression they make while mingling with others.

As in my heart is going crazy for them…they are just that breathtaking…

Speaking of heroines, I do hope that what I told Erevain was a good response.

"Hmm…as far as responses go, dear. That is a seven. A ten being a full direct proposal and a zero being a dense harem protagonist non-response, fufufu~~."

Damn, I’ll need to be clearer then. But that will have to be after we are done with everything else here.

"Do not worry about that, dear. After all, she has to do her part too. Now, the next person who you are going to meet has a child and if he asks, you can talk about Ilya. You just need to remember to say that she is a magic child."

Ok, darling. Just one thing, what is a magic child?

"In short, it is way to procreate for those that can't have children naturally. Be it because of sickness, fertility issues, because they are a same sex couple, or because their races are just too different. It is a process that involves the constant mixing of the parents' mana and blood inside a specially blessed artifact. And while it might sound similar to what gave us our cinnamon roll, it is quite different, dear~~."

I was just thinking that! It really does sound similar!

But ok, time to keep mingling. Thank you, darling.

Re-entering work mode.

Or more commonly known among weebs...social mode.

"Ah, Lady Argento. It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Baron Fergus Thach; I oversee one of the cities of this Kingdom on its northernmost border. The city of Mountain Heart."

Says the nobleman with a mustache not so spectacular as Jules' father, but still quite cared for.

Having a quick glance at him, I can see that Luca's report was accurate.

His body is being supported more by his left leg than his right one due to an injury that he suffered back in the time when he fought in the Front.

About his personality…well, let me give you a bit of context. Healing magic cannot cure injuries completely if a certain amount of time has passed and no healing potions have been administered. Unless it is a high-level healing magic...with healers capable of using it being quite rare and needed around their country or the Front. This is going by what Gabrielle has told me in my talks with her.

What does that have to do with his personality? Well, he is the type of man that would rather choose that permanent effect on his body than taking the valuable time of a powerful healer.

He is also the father of quite the creative child, if those wrist buttons have anything to show.

"The pleasure is all mine, Baron Thach. To meet the famed Shield of the Mountain is but an incredible honor. Her Holiness speaks highly of you, Baron Thach."

I say that with an incredibly polite tone, but only after I do the traditional noble bow for women with my dress and he is now prompting me to shake hands amicably.

Yeah, entering with Ludovica had this effect on the people. Instead of just doing the bow and going from there, people have asked me for a handshake, which symbolizes wanting to start a friendly relationship from the get-go. At least that is what it means in Arte.

So, I of course shake hands with Baron Thach. Which is also a nice prompt.

"Oh, those wrist buttons. They are clearly brimming with love."

I say that while I act as if I just noticed them.

"Hoho, indeed. They were made by my dear son. Alexander. He is ten and is learning to make his own arrows, so he made these buttons while practicing with the wood. When I saw them, I knew that I had to take them with me to everywhere I went."

Awww…he is looking at those buttons with so much pride and love, that’s nice.

"How heartwarming, Baron. He must be such a good child. And to be practicing in making his own arrows at that age...he must be quite advanced already."

A smile appears on his face as I say that, and I can feel the question coming.

"Yes, he got that from his mother, Syln. He’s had a bow in his hand since the moment he was able to grab something. I have to admit that I would try to give him a shield from time to time, but it sadly did not work. Still, it fills us with pride to see him practice so earnestly. Even more so...that smile he makes when he manages to reach a goal in his training is invaluable. And he is at the point that his mother has entrusted him to make his own arrows. Which is quite the responsibility if I may add. After all, a good arrow can be the difference between life and death. Ah, but enough about me. Do you have kids, Lady Argento?"

Right on cue.

"Indeed, I do. A cute little girl, Ilya, she is around the same age as your son, Baron. She is shy at first, but she grows closer to anyone quite easily after some time. That makes me really glad since she can have fun with others. Every time I am at home, she must be sitting on my shoulders. And that little smile she makes when she helps in the castle is enough to melt one's heart.”

I can’t help but smile as I tell the Baron more about my cute cinnamon roll of a daughter.

“Oh, and talentwise, she is quite skilled with fire and earth magic. She once created a boulder so big that it shocked all the maids watching her and then she cleaned up the place after that, which only furthered their shock. It makes me proud that she is that earnest at that age. And recently, she has been quite interested in the work of our resident blacksmith too. Heh, that curious part of her personality is adorable."

And look at that, the Baron’s eyes show that he is genuinely enjoying our conversation. Luca, your mention in the report about his love to talk about his son and being a parent was spot on. That and Nerinne just now.

"Ah, just hearing about you and your daughter makes me want to invite you and your family to Mountain Heart, Lady Argento. I am sure that my wife and son will be glad to meet your partner and Ilya."

Great! I really want to visit that place!! And not only because it is another isekai city, but also because Luca’s report said that Roxxy is from there.

"My wife and Ilya will be quite pleased to meet your family too, so I might make good on that offer."

I say so with a warm smile and...

"Wife...you... meanie Auros...saying that all of a sudden...again...and so casually..."

Ah.

_______________________________________________

Man, that was a nice conversation.

We even decided to formalize the visit later, which means that I now have invitations to every single major city in the Kingdom.

Quite the good catch if I say so myself.

After all, part of my goal has always been exploring the world and that includes its cities.

Also, gotta give it to Nerinne's teachings, the Baron didn't react at all when I mentioned that I had wife while being a woman myself.

As for the magic child stuff, it did come up but it was him asking for advice on their care because his sister was expecting one with her own wife.

I…didn’t know what to say, but Nerinne bailed me out from that one and told me some not that commonly known advice. Which was nothing too shocking, more like the knowledge a soon to be grandmother passes on to her children.

And so, time to keep mingling.

_____________________________________________

"Lady Argento, I believe that it is due time for us to talk."

So says the person that has approached me from behind while I’m talking with some female nobles and commoners. Hmm…you know, let's call them citizens since I can't see that typical, and horrible, noble-commoner isekai dynamic here.

Anyways, their voice sounded quite androgynous. Much more than mine...even if I do not think that mine is like that but...some people think that.

Like seriously, I need to turn around not only because it is proper etiquette, but because I want to figure out if they are a man, a woman or just androgynous.

"..."

Oho…huhuhu…would you look at that. I don’t need to figure out anything now since the person who is behind him pretty much tells everything I need. Well, that and the fact that the people that I was talking to have left as if to give us space.

Behind him, you ask? Yes, him. It’s quite obvious since my beautiful eyes are looking at a certain maid who is trying to avoid my gaze.

Mary.

Which means that this incredibly androgynous person in front of me is Erevain's yandere brother-con of a little brother.

"Huhu…I completely agree, your Highness...Prince Licht."

I say so while responding to his cold smile with one of my own.

But that is not important...

What is important is...

IS HE REALLY A MAN?!

INSTINCT TELLS ME THAT HE IS! THE HECK?!!!

Wait...

SO, HE IS THE REASON WHY EREVAIN WAS SO ADAMANT ABOUT ME BEING A MAN!!!! HE EVEN LOOKS LIKE A CERTAIN WAIFU WITH THAT CUTE CYCLOPS HAIRSTYLE OF HIS!!! LIKE, COME ON!! IF I COULD MENTALLY DRAW, YOU WOULD TOTALLY SAY THAT HE IS A WAIFU!

But seriously, it’s so clear now! If I had grown up with a brother like this, I would’ve been like that that too!

Although, it is cute how Erevain still calls me 'My Lord' as a hidden endearing way of referring to the whole misunderstanding and me. Something that no one has realized yet, heh.

 

To be continued...(CUE POSTER OF THE 5 LADIES WALKING THROUGH THE RED CARPET!!)

From Auros' stat sheets: Bertia's sheet + bonus story!

Name: Bertiam Brooks→ Bertia Brooks

Alias: None for the moment.

Race: Human→ High Human

 

Gender: Male→ Female

 

Age: 22 years old

 

Rank: A→SS

 
Class: Martial Healer  Martial Art: Way of the Versatile Hermit

Subclass: Brawler

Variant: Tonfas
Stats:  

·        Strength: A→SS

·        Intelligence: C

·        Agility: A→S

·        Mana: C→S

·        Endurance: B→ S

·        Constitution: A→SS

Passive skills:  

·        Versatile Disposition: A*

·        Charismatic Villager: A

·        Humanoid Body Understanding (Combat & Healing): A

·        Knight’s Oath: A

·        Magic Resistance: S (NEW!)

·        Brawling Angel of the battlefield: S (NEW!)

·        Physical Resistance: B→S

·        Hermit Trained Body: A

·        Rapid Healing: A → SS

·        Healing Aura: B→A

·        Restless Brawler: B→S

·        Brawler’s Guts: B

·        Mana Regeneration: S (NEW!)

·        Combat Healing: A→SS

·        Martial Technique (Tonfas): A

·        Rallying Delinquent: A

·        Dragon Lord Slayer: SS (NEW!)

·        Abnormal Status Resistance: S

·        Meat Griller: A**

·        Monster Slayer (& Eater): A

·        Elder Caretaking: S

·        ????

Active skills:  

·        Enhance Endurance: C→A

·        Enhance Healing: B→S

·        Enhance Agility: D→B

·        Focused Strike: A→SS

·        Enhance Martial Skills (Tonfas): A→S

·        Hermit Flow (Forms 1 to 5): A→SS

·        Enhance Damage: B→S

·        Head Cracking Swing (Single & Double): A→S

·        Enhance Elemental Resistance: E→S

·        Revolving Counter: B→S

·        Triple Effect: C→S

·        Grappling Brawling (Techniques 1 to 6): A→SS

·        Brawler’s Will: A→SS

·        Demon Hermit State: S

·        Martial Healer’s Trance: A→SS

·        ?????

Unique traits:

·        Unaging (Race).

·        Recognized by the Hermit: Humbleness.

·        Versatile Disposition*.

·        Pact of the High Dragon Lord (Voluntary).

·        Blessing for the worthy: Knight.

·        Blessing of Nerinne.

·        Blessing of the Spirits (Healer): Light & Nature.

Magic:  
Light Attribute Magic. Nature Attribute Magic.
Combined Magic:  
Healing Magic (Light side).  
Spells:  

·        Inspect Wounds

·        Regeneration

·        Cure Wounds

·        Fortify Body

·        Heal

·        Mana Transfer

·        High Heal

·        Blinding Flash

·        Detoxify

·        Light Blast

·        Purify

·        Light Ball

·        Stasis

·        ??????

Titles:
Villager, Eldest Brooks’ Child, Boy in charge of Grilling, Parents’ Personal Griller, Caretaker of the Elders, Good Boy, Sunny Boy, Weird Old Man’s Favorite Caretaker, Unsuspecting Disciple of the Versatile Hermit, Monster Meat Taster, Monster Meat Eater, Small Healer, Good Delinquent of River Town’s Academy, Third Place of the Capital’s Academy Entrance Tournament, Good Delinquent of the Healer Course, Headache of Teachers, Volunteer Elder Caretaker, Elder’s Life Saver, Honorary Grandson of Many, Rehabilitator of  Bad Delinquents, Bringer of Volunteers, One who took a fireball to the face and did not flinch, One who fought the Pain Bringer until sundown, Friend of the Social Phantom, Annoying Follower, Dependable Friend of the Social Phantom, Conscious Disciple of the Versatile Hermit, Dunce, Healer, Brawler, Martial Healer, Grappling Terror, Neck Crusher, Knight, Healer Knight, Cooking Rival of the Glutton Hunter, Bandit (Fake), Unknown Supporter, Maid-Knight, High Dragon Lord’s Follower, High Dragon Lord’s Personal Griller, High Dragon Lord’s Meat Connoisseur Partner(Grilled), Delinquent Maid.
Nerinne's glossary corner:

*Versatile Disposition: After extensive mental and physical training under the funny old man known as the Versatile Hermit, Bertia, the holder of this passive skill, has achieved a state mind where she can adapt to any situation in a manner of instants. Be it in combat or in daily life, she won’t put a mental burden upon herself and she’ll use that energy to accomplish any goal that occurs to her. It is said if holders of this skill find themselves in a life-or-death situation where they are disarmed and must take an unknown weapon, they would be able to wield it proficiently enough to save their own lives without having any previous training.

**Meat Griller: A specialized cooking passive skill obtained after many years of grilling whatever ingredient she need or wanted to consume. Even monster meat. She knows by instinct when the grill is at its perfect moment to grill on and knows instinctively when to take out said food, bringing it close to perfection. In general, those who have tried dishes made by someone who holds this skill can attest the deliciousness they can bring out. Those include me, fufu~.

Bonus short story: The origin of the 'Dunce' title.

“Oi Old Man, I’m back.”

“Ah, I was wondering when you would return. What? The Capital’s too uptight for ya’?”

“Nah, teachers told me I needed martial arts training.”

“So?”

“They also told me you were a…Hermit was it?”

“Tch…those idiots…”

“So yeah, train me.”

“I’VE BEEN TRAINING YOU SINCE YOU WERE A LIL’ FART YOU DUNCE! NOW, BRING ME MY SOUP!”

“…eh? Those weird arm movements of yours were a martial art…?”

“Haaa…”

 

The end.

 

First and foremost, sorry for the delay! I had to deal with some unexpected IRL things. In ny case, thank you for reading! I hope that you enjoyed the chapter! If you did, please drop a heart on it! If you want to support me and the story, please consider subscribing to my patreon!

Not only will you get access to "Waifu Bites!" a short story monthly series set in the world of "In another world as my waifu", but you will also get access to other exclusive content like Auros' very first design, early viewing of the upcoming first official illustration, and the Isekai Lab where I show some of the big edits I have done to released chapters and my reasoning behind them!

Plus, a couple more rewards for tier 3 patrons! Like a personal message at the end of the volume in the 'voice' of their favorite character!

Your support will truly help me keep writing this story, commission more art, and helping my family.

Special thanks from the bottom of my heart to: EmbraceTheSleeb, Lord-Hollow, YukisoraRin, LordInquisitorSteele, Anon, Anon2, Tikku, Teresa, Ayth, Knight_Redundant, and Schoookie!

Please do not translate my work without my permission. Favor de no traducir mi trabajo sin mi expreso permiso.

See you all tomorrow! 

 

165