Side Story 1-1 A Foolish Choice
970 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She looked out the viewport in boredom. The young girl was very bored and had nothing to really do. There weren’t any girls her age on the ship, and the only person she really knew was daddy. Daddy had signed on to this trip, mainly for the rewards. She had learned that they were heading for the forbidden continent, and that a few of the mages on board who were highly connected with the Church of Light had found a way past the barrier the dark gods had erected. They had also dismissed the whole thing about the Light being evil as Dark propaganda.

Honestly, she had a very bad feeling about this whole thing. She also really hated the fact that dad was mixed up with the church of light. Part of that had to do with who her patron was. Her patron was a dark goddess, who she had been introduced to, by her late mother. Daddy though had never been all that religious before, but now he was getting increasingly caught up with the Light gods and their church. At least it was the Elven branch of the church, which was decidedly better than some of the other branches. The human one was decidedly the worst.

In the distance, she could see the divine barrier shining, an ominous and deep violet. It shimmered as it constantly shifted hues, and wavy lines of blue and purple rippled and waved across its surface. The young girl was only eight years old, and she already knew that her dad was making a foolish mistake. Turning away from the viewport, she glanced around their small cabin. She was currently on the upper bunk. There was a mirror on one wall, that reflected her image. Her long light blue hair was a mess. Her outfit was a little rumpled, but it was a lovely pink dress with some frills. Everyone said she looked cute in it, behind her flitted a lovely black tail that ended in a heart-shaped bulb. Something she had inherited from her mother, and always hid from her father. He thought mom was an elf, and that was something she didn’t want him to know wasn’t true. It was also why she was a little more developed than was normal for an eight-year-old elf. Thanks to her heritage she was already going through an early puberty.

She was about a hundred and twenty centimeters tall, but she had a really good figure. Her chest was a solid B, and was almost a C. She had a filled out butt, and firm toned muscles from all the exercise she did. Thankfully she also had a full set of teeth, although she really liked to suckle. She had even found a really nice girl, that she had been able to trick into giving her the services she wanted. The magic mom taught her had been very helpful in that regard. Slipping out of the bed, she used the mirror to help adjust her dress. Honestly, she didn’t really like the dress and wanted something that covered less skin. Something more along the lines of what her late mother used to wear. Then she proceeded to arrange her long hair into a nice set of twin tails.

Then with a thought, her tail receded into her body and vanished. Then she applied a bit of magic to make the hole in her dress disappear. Having her tail hidden like this wasn’t the most comfortable, but she knew what the Light aligned morons her father had gotten mixed in with thought of her kind. A few circles even despised mixed-bloods like her. A fact she found ironic given that they would often rape and enslave members of other races. Beastkin and dwarves were very popular targets for example.

She was just about to leave the room when she heard a voice in her head. It was not often that she heard it, but she recognized it with her very soul. Her goddess had deemed her prayers worthy of a response.

“I am sorry to hear where your father is taking you. Honestly, if he wants to go there he can pay the price, but you should not have to pay for his foolishness. It's not much, but it is all I can do for you. Take my blessing, and I really wish you luck April.”

A window appeared before her as the voice faded into obscurity.

Congratulations!

Your Patron has seen fit to grant you a blessing

Protection of Primal Blood Blessing gained!

Protection of Primal Blood: The Primal races of old enjoyed powerful mana fueled benefits that were lost as the world’s mana density thinned. Your blessing has reawakened these benefits, and will cause your race to revert to a primal version. Benefits include increased strength especially when it comes to magic, boosted immunity to disease, boosted protection to the elements. In other words, you are immune to most sicknesses and parasitic infections will have a much harder time taking hold in your body. Your body’s need for additional physical protection from the environment no longer exists.

 

Reading it over she found herself confused why she had been given this blessing. As for the additional protection thing, she realized it was talking about clothes and found that kind of redundant given that her heritage already meant she had no need for clothes. April guessed that it just meant she had even less need for clothing now. She was glad that her patron had heard her, and given her something to help, but she wasn’t sure how this would help her.

Little did she know how big of a help this would be. Although she would learn that later on. With a bit of a twirl, she turned on her heels and left the small cabin. Looking for something to distract herself with for the few hours before they reached the barrier.

13