Chapter 5:The delusion breaks.
88 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wang Yong Meng always thought that life was pretty simple and without any amusement. For him everything had always been very simple and hence devoid of any interest. But the moment that he was encountering just now, it was beyond compare. Why, his little subordinate had just woken up and she was out there on the bloody chase. So, he leaned his back on the cherry tree, sitting above, he could watch the drama quite well. Near the lake stood a majestic cherry tree and two people, One maiden with a dagger and excited expressions while the man was horrified.

“See, there is no use running. In my dreams, things always go as I want them to.”, said the mortal laughing. With a dagger in her hands and a malicious smile over her face, she quite looked a blood thirsty murderer. Suddenly she started running towards Feng Hao. Then she took a big jump, perhaps trying to land the dagger above his head. Right at this moment, her facial expressions changed. Her eyes widened in surprise and her mouth wide open she produced a deafening cry and closed her surprised eyes tightly. That Feng Hao had slipped sideways at the right moment, and now the mortal was about to get dipped in the lake. But what is this? She stopped in mid-air. She felt as if someone was holding her. When she opened her eyes, she could see a beautiful face with a pair of sparkling eyes that were fixated on her. She was in the arms of Yong Meng! How could he have let his little kitten fall into the lake. They were floating in mid-air. Then he drew his face closer to her and asked, “Do you still think it is a dream?” “Y…ye…es”, the mortal was so surprised right now that she could hardly say anything.

“But I think it is not. Let’s see who is right.”, saying this he threw her in the lake.

She landed with a big splash! Her whole body became aware of her surroundings. A ferocious chill went all over her body. And she fully became aware that this not a dream, but the unimaginable reality. But what to do now, she didn’t know how to swim!! She made violent efforts to go up, but in vain. She was losing her breath. If she didn’t do anything now, she’d be buried in that lake forever. ‘I’ll never irritate my mother or tease my younger brother. God, please help me!!!’, she cried in her mind and closed her eyes. Suddenly she felt that someone just took hold of her hand. Yong Meng had just arrived in time. He put his hand round her tiny waste and pulled her upwards.

In the next moment, she finds herself lying on the bank. She coughs a little and gets up. “Well, out of the hallucination now?”, asks Feng Hao and chuckles. This chuckle just pierced her nerves, and she finds she is still alive. But more than anything else, this is not a dream???!! ‘But how can such a strange place and such creepy people even exist. Am I inside a drama? No, this is not the case. So, what is? Who are these handsome men? And why am I even here in the first place???’, she clasps her head thinking all this.

“I think now you are sure that you are not dreaming. You might have many questions right now that you are struggling with. But before you begin let’s go back and put some dry clothes on. I don’t know about you, but if you catch a cold, it’ll be very trouble-full for me”, saying this Yong Meng turns around and started walking towards the courtyard with Feng Hao. Then he stopped and said, “You Haven’t moved an inch. Don’t you have legs? Don’t even fancy me carrying you there.”

“What? Does this guy have eyes behind his head?”, she murmured and started following him from a safe distance. It was not like she wanted to follow him, but she had no other choice. She didn’t know where she was o how she got here. So, for now she had to trust this man. She clasped the dagger tightly in her hand thinking that if he tried to cheat her, she’d not let him slip off. Even though Yong Meng had saved her life, she didn’t in the least felt herself indebted to her, because it was him in the first place who had dropped her in the lake, and had just corrected his mistake.

0