Chapter 6:Song Qing learns the truth.
88 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When they reached Moon River courtyard, Yong Meng gave that little mortal to his maids and asked them to dress her. The maids began their work. They took her in a place which looked like a beautiful terraced hot spring. Five or six of them seized the mortal and started undressing her. “Oh, wait! I can do it myself. There is no need to….”, before the mortal could even complete her sentence, one of the maids said, who looked like the head of them all, “These are the prince’s orders. We dare not disobey. So, miss, please cooperate.” The mortal resisted hard, but she was one to six and had to give in at last. The maids did the best job they could do. They dressed her beautifully, did the hair job and make-up. At last what one could see was a breath-taking beauty. When all of this was going on the mortal was about to chew her own body, all of her secrets were revealed to these maids now! Thus, after she was attired, the maids took her to the hall, as they were ordered to.

In the hall, Yong Meng was sitting alone as Feng Hao had gone out for daily practice. As the mortal entered the hall, the dull and lonely-some hall seemed to light up. She was wearing a light blue coloured traditional dress, with flower engravings of silver on it. Her hairs were perfectly set, tied with a beautiful jade pin. Her face had turned pink from previous embarrassments, also she was thinking now that what a fool she had made of herself in front of Yong Meng. ‘This is a dream? He might have laughed too much silently, and those eyes of his, giving an air of amusement when they looked at me…ah! What a fool I have made of myself!!’, lost in all these thoughts, she didn’t know, when she reached the hall.

Her fantasies break, when a shiver ran through her body, and she had a feeling that someone is constantly staring at her. When she lifts her head, she meets two sparkling eyes of Yong Meng, who is standing just in front of her. He smiles sweetly, with his eyes fixated on her, he asks the maids to leave. Then he turns around, and sits near his table, with his elbow on the table and his head resting on his hand, and his eyes leisurely inspecting the mortal he asks, “Say, what is your name?”

“I am Song Qing.”, replies the mortal with confidence in her voice.

“Then, I’ll call you Qing Qing.”, saying this he smiles sweetly at her then, in a rather serious tone he says, “I know you have many questions. So, let’s not waste any more time. This world is different from yours. You are from the mortal realm-world of humans and this is the Heavenly Realm-world of the immortals. I am Wang Yong Meng, 2nd son of the Heavenly Lord. You have been summoned here as my subordinate during the Great Summoning Ritual.”

“Subordinate… summoning what?”, Song Qing murmurs, this is too much for her to believe. She then asks, “When can I go back? My family will be worried for me.”

With serious expression on his face Yong Meng answers, “You can’t go back because now you are my subordinate. As for your family, don’t worry about them When you were summoned, the person named Song Qing ceased to exist in your world. Your family right now will be unaffected because for them you never existed.”

“I never existed?”, Song Qing turns gloomy and serious. Then with anger filled in her eyes she cried in a piercing voice, “You liar!!! My family can never forget me. All of what you are saying is rubbish. Okay, I can believe this is a different world, because you people look so weird and this place looks ancient too. But how can I cease to exist?”

“If that’s the case than why don’t you take a look at it.”, saying this Yong Meng hands her a mirror, carved out of jade and continues, “This mirror is made from a very rare quality jade and has spiritual energy. The one who holds it can watch their loved ones.” Song Qing looks into the mirror, she can’t see anything. But slowly an image begins to form, a plump lady is seen working in the kitchen, then a little boy comes near her and says, “Mom are we going to go for a family dinner today?” “Yes, my child”, the lady answers smiling. “It’s my mom and brother!”, Song Qing bursts out. They seem very normal to her. It has been a day since she is missing, but they aren’t panicking at all. “Have they forgotten me?”, tears roll down her soft cheeks. Yong Meng heart aches as he watches her crying. Just as he is about to console her, she bursts into laughter and says, “Looks like, I am stuck here forever.” Yong Meng watches her smiling bravely and wiping her tears, with her flower-petal like delicate fingers. Even if she is puzzled, she knows how to keep her wits about her. Just then a servant enters the room, “My lord, Master Liu wants to have a conversation with you. He has summoned you to the Full Moon courtyard, right now.”

Liu Ji Lie, had great expectations from his favourite Yong Meng. But when he summons a mortal, all his hopes are shattered and turned to dust. He still wants to stand for him He thought that his disciple’s spirits would’ve been gone down due to such failure. So, to cheer him up and provide him with hope and some necessary knowledge he calls upon him. He is an old man with fierce looks, the war god. He was brewing tea, when he saw Yong Meng entering the hall with a beautiful maiden. He couldn’t believe his eyes. He kept the tea pot on the table, and rubbed his eyes, no he is not dreaming. ‘Is it really her. But how can she…after so many years…?’, he thinks hard. He couldn’t have forgot her face. How could he forget his first female disciple? This maiden in front of him has exactly the same face. Could it really be her?

Liu Ji Lie’s stream of thoughts break when Yong Meng bows and greets him. Then Yong Meng starts, “Master, she is my subordinate. The one I summoned during the ritual.” Song Qing bows and greets him.

0