Chapter 25: The Uninvited Guest.
22 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Great Hall, was filled with all kinds of intellectuals and officials from both the Demon Realm and Shen Sheng. The smell of alcohol and indistinct chatter filled the atmosphere. Ji Hua felt a little stuffy at this place. And her mind was filled with all kind of worries. Bao Xiang Lei was just about to say something, when he saw Ji Hua covering her face with her sleeves, and becoming all nervous and tense. Xiang Lei couldn’t understand why she was doing this, when no one here was powerful enough to overcome the enchantment, but everything resolved when he saw Ji Miao approaching them. She was the cousin of Ji Hua, this he knew, so it seemed better to him to just enjoy the drama.

‘Why is she coming towards me? Did she recognise me?!’, Ji Hua was getting mad thinking of what would happen next. It is not that she didn’t had faith in Ji Miao, but according to her, Ji Miao was not good with handling situations that popped up suddenly. What she would do was unpredictable, but there was almost 90% chance that she would make her plan fail, if she recognised her.

 

“Brother, why are you covering your face?”, Ji Miao asked Ji Hua as she approached her. Ji Hua flapped her sleeve in the air and thus said, “Ah! Isn’t it a little hot here?” There was sweat on her forehead not because the atmosphere was actually humid, but because she was so tensed about the situation earlier that it occurred naturally. When Ji Hua found that her sister failed to recognise her, she just used it as her shield efficiently.

“What is your name, brother?”, asked JI Miao.

“By any chance, are you interested in this gentleman?”, asked Bai Xiang Lei smiling slyly.

 

“It’s not that. He just looks too familiar. Maybe we’ve met before.”

“Oh, and the famous dialogue that women always say to disguise their true feelings.”, said Xiang Lei smiling even wider. In return Ji Miao just smiled. She didn’t want to argue with him, for that was not her purpose. For she had come to know about the gentleman, who seemed too familiar to her. Know, that she is a woman who is fixed of her target, and hence shoves off any distraction (which is Xiang Lei in this case).

 

“No…I don’t think we’ve before because I’ve seen someone as beautiful as you for the first time in my life.”

While Ji Miao just became a little shy at this compliment, Xiang Lei just wanted to burst into laughter. It was so unthinkable for him, that Ji Hua could give even such responses. Perhaps that was in an attempt to strengthen her new identity as a man, he thought. But whatever the reason, it was all super-amusing for him, and he felt like he had entered into an entirely different world of entertainment and pleasure.

Ji Hua wanted to get out of this dreaded hall as soon as possible, but it was not going to be that easy for her. But a ray of hope shone brightly on her when an uninvited guest suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

The hall shuddered, and the floor filled with mist, and then came powerful blow of wind from the north gate of the hall. Upon entering the hall, the gust of wind transformed into a man, on which when those present in the hall laid their eyes, trembled in fear. For he was known to be even fiercer than any war god of any realm. For he was the Divine Deity, Rui Niang Jun in his white robe, beautiful black hair flowing in the air, with the mark of a blue flame on his forhead, the last survivor after the tragedy of the Divine Realm. For he had decimated a whole tribe of the scorpions, one of the most powerful tribe in the universe, not even leaving little kids. He had butchered anyone that came within his sight, not leaving a trace of any life. It was all due to him that the fiercest tribe in the universe ceased to exist. He was invincible, and when enemies knew that he was to participate in a war against him, they fled from the battle grounds at his single sight alone, but he barely participated in war. He had risen above worldly matters, but right now, no one knew what his motives were. He had shown in public for almost 80,000 years later. What could he have wanted?

1