Chapter 9: Different Ways to Train
2.1k 14 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I flew over this savanna-like place, I remembered why I came here in the first place. To train my body! After all, I couldn’t just rely on my Ki to save me, while it could be helpful, it wasn’t everything. If my opponent was faster than me, then everything was over. I was done. I couldn’t help it if they got a single hit in and I got one-shot. So that’s why I needed to train my body, to be durable and fast. I think I wasn’t going to try to train power, just so I could have more time training the others. If one of the other training methods also trained strength, then I might use it over something more focused, but it wasn’t my main goal. I could use Ki attacks for raw power, and rely on physical power as an addition rather than the source, the opposite of the idea usually used, where Ki power is used to boost physical power. I was going to use physical power to boost Ki power. It’s gonna suck if I face someone who can absorb ki though… Luckily none of the main cast can do that.

Now that I thought about it, I should’ve trained to hide my Ki, like, as the first thing I did. Oh no, Kami’s probably already spotted me at this rate... Wait! while maybe the original Kami would’ve spotted me, Dende is new and might not have spotted me yet! Okay, I’m going to rely on that fact and take this time to train Ki hiding to the max! This wasn’t too hard, it’s just I never tried it before so it takes me around an hour to get it working, and another four to master it, making me basically invisible to Ki sensing when I’m not using Ki. With that in mind I’m going to stop flying and have my Ki on the low so I can maintain my hiddenness.

While the time chamber would help a bunch, I don’t think I could sneak past Mr. Popo and Dende on the lookout, even if I got in the time chamber somehow, they could probably sense me inside, and that’s not counting how I would get out undetected, so that’s a no go, leaving only a couple of options, firstly, the safe and simple one, I grab some generic weights and start training. There’s no way to get ones like the ones Goku was using against Tien. The ones he got from King Kai were specially made, and Piccolo’s out of the picture since he would kill me on sight I would wager since he’s all smart.

For option two, it’s really and I mean really risky, and that is to ask Vegeta for help. Okay okay, hear me out, Vegeta got beaten by a Cell Jr, meaning I’m still stronger than him, so if I can pretend to be a fan -well, I say pretend, but it’s more just being one- and say that I escaped from the Cell fight because I mutated a higher intelligence, and using these smarts, I didn’t want to help Cell, and saying that I hope that the Prince Vegeta would give me a chance to redeem myself...

While Vegeta is smart, unlike Piccolo, he isn’t good... per-say, so that helps, but he’s also not one to turn down a fight, especially in these peaceful times. And I can use this to give him a good fight, -after all- it seemed all he did was train in the gravity chamber by himself, not even spending time with his son for the sake of training, so this could help my case. If it’s been about a year since Vegeta had any fights, he should be desperate enough to accept... of course, I won’t push that -instead- I’ll push my want to train instead of his. Not to mention, he was once a villain himself! All in all, it would be really risky, but the payoff would be huge! I could get safe zenkai boosts, trust among one of the Z Fighters -which is the main benefit- and I get a training partner, and one that I can get along with as a plus!

A lot of the traits I like in Cell are also in Vegeta, the want to fight no matter what, the pride, and the intelligence, however Vegeta does have more creativity, which I like. I did mention I wished I had an affinity with the Galick Gun, no? Part of that was because I liked how it looked, another part was I liked the owner better. Now that I’m thinking about it, I might even get access to the gravity chamber if I play my cards right...

All I have to do is exert some of my energy near Capsule Corp... wait for Vegeta to come to me -knowing him he won't attack without spouting something about pride, and he certainly won’t call for help- and I could use that window to talk to him...


A/N: Please Give me alot of comments on this chapter, I am relying on your feedback to develop this stories plot.

42