Chapter 5 – Meeting the Ironhearts Again
2k 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alison of course never reported any of the Godly tombs he completed. So although the Rainford family created a big fuss over their missing leader August, since no one had seen anyone using thunder powers, they couldn't find any clues.

He completed several lesser ranked tombs, so he reported those instead.

As far as the mercenary guild of Arcadia knew, this B grade Adventurer was in the possession of a few items.

The repaired poison and vorpal sword, a belt of strength and a A rank invisibility cloak.

Many of the other relics he didn't use. he sold for gold which made him reasonably rich by now. 

Besides those 3 relics, he kept the Mask of Fantomas, the Pearl of Namto, the Relic of Indra and the Gladius sword of Mars.

As the gladius of Ares is well known to be August Rainford's sword, he kept it hidden in his dimension ring. 

--

Alison, or Sin as he preferred to refer to himself these days, was staying in the penthouse of an old abandoned hotel. 

He lived in Las Vegas as although it was a ruined city, there were few people there as there were alot of irradiated creatures living there. 

It was also close to Castalion, an Arcadian city, half a day's journey away. Castalion was also the city he used to live as a member of the Ironhearts. 

While most people would be troubled by the mutant creatures in Las Vegas, Sin used them for training. 

He discovered that even without using his death touch, one of his natural lich abilities was fear, and when he activated his killing intent, it became even stronger. 

As such, he used his fear skill and killing intent to cower the creatures, like a form of animal taming. 

After a few days, many of the most fearsome mutated creatures have already become his pets and he enjoyed having some company. 

There was the giant snail Rockcrusher, who ate rocks and concrete after melting them with his slime. He used it as his guard for his hotel. 

There was Growl, a giant wolf the size of a school bus. This was his mount on the ground

Then there was Thunderbird, a large hawk he tamed, as large as a small plane which was his ride in the air. 

Thats not to mention the group of giant spiders which he allowed to breed all over.

With these 3, he ruled the ruins of Vegas and it started to become known as Sin's headquarters.

Sin had started to make a name for himself, solo clearing tombs and dungeons. His rank was upgraded to grade A within a short period.

As he looked at the missions on the notice board, a familiar voice approached him from the back

"Greetings friend. My name is Aaron and I am the leader of the Ironhearts. I wonder if you would be interested on joining me in a mission" Aaron said

Sin turned around and looked at him. It has been a few months and in that time, the Ironhearts have went up a level as all of them became A Grade adventurers too after gaining good weapons from a few tombs and dungeons.

"Well met. I will be happy to join you for a mission. What kind of mission? If the rewards are split fairly I will join you, but I am not comfortable joining a team permanently yet" Sin replied.

"Well of course. I hear you have been soloing several missions by yourself. As for the mission, i will tell you about it once I introduce my team to you. I'm surprised you haven't joined a team before this" Aaron said admiringly.

"The profits are higher that way" Sin replied

"So are the risks. Anyway, let me introduce you to my team regardless" Aaron said as he brought Sin to a secluded table in a pub

The group has grown too. Not only did they have their original members Aaron Irons the paladin, Rhonda Whitaker the mage, Thorsten Raller the knight and Sarah White the priestess, they had also added Ragnir the Barbarian, Bluenose the halfling thief, Adora an elven ranger and Magnum the dwarven warrior who were all A Rankers too.

As he was being introduced to them, both Sarah and Adora felt uncomfortable around him for some reason.

"What's wrong?" Aaron asked, seeing both Sarah and Adora's discomfort

"I don't know. Just something uncomfortable about him" Sarah said

Aaron knew the feeling. As a paladin himself, he felt something distinctly uncomfortable about Sin. But he wanted to borrow his power for a mission.

"Anyway, lets just get to know each other. This is only for one mission anyway. This is S Class or higher mission. This is why I hired Adora as our ranger and as many A Class adventurers as I could" Aaron said

"So what is the mission?" Adora asked

 "We're breaking into a Dragon Lair!" Aaron said excitedly

"What?? A dragon? Are you crazy? You mean a wyrm right?" Thorsen yelled

"No a real dragon. I was informed that this dragon, Fangomir the Black Dragon had himself raided a God Tomb and has a God relic besides his treasures. The Claufield Family has placed a reward on getting the relic" Aaron said

"The Claufield Family, as in the one run by Rainer Claufield, the God of Fire?" Sin asked

Rainer Claufield was similar to August Rainford. This was also the head of a powerful family, and called a God because he got the Eye of Ra, a powerful Egyptian God relic.

"The very same. You know they are generous to those who do good work for them. So are you in?" Aaron said

Sin nodded. Adora also nodded after watching Sin's reaction.

"Then unless you need to settle your affairs, lets get going" Aaron said 

--

The horses ran at a furious pace as they carried their riders. 

Perhaps its the way the riders rode them.

But more likely its because Sin was riding on Growl, the enormous wolf, running behind them with a fierce look on its face.

38