Chapter 18 – Maya’s Betrayal
1k 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sin and his two companions continued clearing all the tombs and dungeons near Las Vegas and Castelion. 

While they didn't officially register as a group in the mercenary guild, they became known as the Sindicate group, named after Sin.

Tombs were getting rare and the ones nearby had all already been cleared, many by this Sindicate. Most of them were low class tombs with nothing that really interested him. 

As such, there were only dungeons with generic sword and sorcery rewards.

Sin used the dungeons to train his two girls.

While Adora was already an A Class mercenary before, her skills should already qualify her for S Class, if Sin ever registered the high ranked tombs they cleared.

From her movement and skills, Sin could see that she was nearly at the same level as her brother Adamas and her father Aldair as he had fought both of them.

Both Adamas and Aldair were genuinely top notch combatants, at the top of S class fighters. Having God ranked weapons only made them many times stronger. 

As for Esmeralda, she was only a beautiful maiden in a village known for beauties. But she now had enhanced strength, speed, durability and she could turn into mist, turn into bats and mildly control the weather. 

While Adora was the epitome of grace and agility when she fought, Esmeralda was elegant in her own way, but had a brutality to her battle style. 

Her fingertips became claws and her teeth exposed fangs as she slaughtered her enemies and she looked every bit as deadly as Adora when she was in battle mode. 

This was the last dungeon the mercenary guild had anywhere near the city of Castelion and Las Vegas. There wasn't any tombs left nearby. 

--

Stood by the large sliding doors to the balcony, looking down at the streets below. 

He was watching several excavator teams battling their way into the Vegas Strip, each coming from a different direction. 

But Sin noticed that more and more, teams of adventurers seem to be trying to enter his home base of the Vegas Strip.

It seemed that these adventurers have come to Vegas to fight its skeletons and giant spiders. 

Sin never officially announced that Vegas was his home base, and only former allies like the Ironhearts and foes that had a vendetta against him like the Rainford and Caulfield families knew he lived there.

But the Rainford and Caulfield families did not reveal that Sin lived here, because they wanted to kill him and reclaim the relics of August and Rainer, and whatever other treasures Sin had. 

The three teams that were here only had B ranked members and below. They posed no threat and even the skeletons could handle them. 

So Sin left them to the home defenses, letting the adventurers train themselves, and letting his skeleton army grow when they were killed. 

Sin turned around and spoke towards a dark corner of the room. 

"You can come out now, Maya" he said. 

A beautiful dark elf walked out of the shadow in the corner. 

"How did you know I was here?" Maya asked

"Not many can escape my notice. Did you have any trouble entering?" Sin asked in return

"This is what I do. Entering past your undead forces was no trouble" Maya answered.  

"That's good. Have you news for me?" Sin asked

"Yes. As for the information you requested, the only tomb within a 10,000 kilometer radius of here is the Tomb of Vegas" Maya replied

"Vegas Tomb? How come I've never heard of it?" Sin asked

"Your home is now considered a tomb. There are rumors that there is a necromancy relic here" Maya said

If Sin still laughed, he would laugh. The way he fortified his home was too overt that the mercenary guild had declared this place a tomb!

If so, perhaps his silicone body, with so many Godly relics attached to it would be considered a relic in its own right. 

"Anything else?" Sin asked

"There have been multiple tombs found in the south, but only one of them is God Ranked near the city of Antara.

In the north, several tombs have opened, but they have yet to be ranked as no one has explored them yet.

As for the east, a demon army has appeared and have been successfully cleared many tombs there. 

In the west, the Church of Light and their forces have monopolized the tombs and been clearing them with their forces" Maya said

"Is that all?" Sin asked

"No. There is also a bounty on your head for 10,000,000 gold coins by the Rainford and Caulfield family" Maya said

"Thank you, here's your fee" Sin said, passing over a bag with 5000 gold in it

Maya received it and bowed, before merging back into the shadows. 

Sin stood there for a while, looking at the battle below.

"So you want to have your cake and eat it to? Can't resist the 10,000,000 gold bounty can you?" Sin suddenly said as he caught a flying dagger thrown at him in mid air. 

"Sorry, I like working for you. But business is business. The Shadow does assassinations too" Maya said from the shadow. 

"It's good then, because why should I pay for your services when I can get it for free?" Sin said as he turned around

"Free? That's anathema to me" Maya said calmly as she unsheathed another dagger as Sin held the dagger she threw at him. 

Their daggers clashed a few times, with Sin's battle skill being enhanced by the shrunken Gladius of Ares pierced through his left earlobe.

However, Maya was quite a skilled combatant, arguably as good as Adora but instead of a Ranger, she was an assassin and thief and used her skills differently. 

She was also super fast, strong and agile, but while she was also graceful, her attacks were all sneaky and was full of dirty attacks. 

Though Maya was skilled, open battle was not her strength and she didn't want to engage in Sin too long if she couldn't win.

She cast a globe of darkness all around the room to stab Sin in the dark or to escape.  

But to her shock, she could see in the darkness that Sin wasn't affected by the darkness at all as he continued fighting her in the dark. 

"Time to finish this" he said as his Fear spell and killing intent paralyzed the dark elf and he threw her onto his bed.  

In the dark, sounds of clothes being ripped open and then sounds of Maya's frantic cries could be heard. Then Maya started moaning. 

--

Sin sent Maya back to the Shadow. Although she wanted to stay with him like Adora and Esmeralda, Maya would be far more useful to him gathering information for him.

Furthermore, like Adora, Esmeralda and that Archangel that escaped him, Maya had 20% of his lifeforce in her womb now too. That meant that over 80% of his lifeforce is already away from his original phylactery dildo. 

Even after he transferred some of his lifeforce to Maya, the phylactery dildo had recovered to 25% now, and as he looked into both Adora and Esmeralda, both of them have 23% of his lifeforce. 

He couldn't check on the Archangel, but this means that he has over 110% of lifeforce in all his phylacteries, making him no longer fear death. He speculated that the dildo and the 4 girls will eventually hold 100% of his lifeforce each. 

"Now, she said a tomb in the south near Antara was a Godly tomb?" Sin pondered, deciding on his next move. 

 

 

 

28