Chapter 28 – King of Swords
701 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The current tomb they were in was nothing like what they had faced before. 

Sin couldn't guess whose tomb it was, but probably someone from a wuxia or something. 

Inside the tomb seemed to be an extremely tall hill and the whole area was covered in hundreds of swords pierced into the ground!

The moment anyone entered, all the swords would suddenly rise from the hill and float in the air to attack!

Untold numbers of explorers lay dead at the entrance, and not many even reached past the 20 meter mark from the entrance

There was a group of dead knights, who looked like they formed a turtle formation and shielded themselves like a turtle and tried to get deeper in.

But they only barely crossed the 20 meter mark when the swords managed to breach their turtle formation. They died standing in position. 

Adora, Esmeralda, Theresa and Angelica all had already received what would be grievous wounds if not for them being phylacteries.

"You girls wait here. I'll go myself" Sin said, walking forwards and waved her hands

The dead explorers, all in varying stages of decay, all stood up and charged forwards as the floating swords sliced and stabbed them. 

The turtle formation moved again as the dead knights provided an extra distraction. 

She used her Helm of Hades and turned invisible, walking through the flying swords without any harassment!

The top of the hill was around 150 meters into the tomb and it didn't take long for Sin to reach it.

Sin had expected the relic to be a sword, maybe a king of swords, but instead she saw a wooden scroll on the altar.

As she was about to pick it up, the relic floated into the air and shouted at her

You are unworthy. You didn't pass the test of swords fairly!

Sin ignored it and grabbed the scroll, but she was instantly hit with an intense killing intent.

Although she was still invisible, multiple swords flew at her an impaled her, revealing her body!

Sin looked like a porcupine with so many swords stabbed into her silicone body. 

She didn't even bother pulling them out as the swords pulled themselves out and started stabbing her again and again. 

"What a vicious relic you are" Sin said and suddenly used her killing intent, mixed with her Fear spell which was enhanced by the Helm of Hades!

The whole atmosphere turned dark as the air became so stifling that even from outside the tomb, the girls started trembling. 

The relic started shaking in mid air and then there was a loud *CRACK* sound

"Shit!" Sin said as she caught the relic before it fell down. 

It shone a dim light for a moment before it crumbled to dust. 

"Damn it! I destroyed the relic by accident" Sin cursed in a high pitch voice. 

But then, she realized that there was something in her mind, two new skills. 

She didn't know who this tomb belonged to, but she knew that the owner was a sword master of incredible skill. 

But as most of the skills in the relic was destroyed, the only thing she salvaged was the 100 sword formation and the technique absorbing skill!

"Damn, what a loss" she said as she walked back outside. 

"What did you gain master?" Adora asked

"I can now do this" Sin said as a hundred swords floated into the sky

Adora and the other girls looked at the sword and smiled

"That's great master" Adora said

Sin didn't tell them that she lost out on many more skills. 

His Eye of Odin scanned the area and among the dead explorers, one of them had a Muramasa sword, which was a cursed relic.

The swords from the tomb had enchantments like having enhanced sharpness like a vorpal sword, but none of them were relics, so she kept them all in her ring.

The dead warrior gave the sword to her and she swung the sword around expertly all of a sudden

She had acquired the skills of the sword's previous owners!

Suddenly, a dark spirit tried to attack Sin's mind

She immediately used her killing intent and enhanced fear again

The whole area darkened with intense pressure and the spirit perished

He had heard screams of agony from familiar voices.

But as Sin looked around, she saw Adora, Esmeralda, Theresa and Angelica on the ground!

She checked them and was shocked that they were all dead.

Suddenly, they gasped for breath nearly at the same time and slowly got up

"Are you girls alright?" Sin asked

"Yes, I think I died and came back" Adora said 

They had died before in the joint attack of the holy orders, angels and the mages.

"I better control the usage of my killing intent and fear" Sin thought to herself

She summoned Thunderbird and jumped on it and was joined by Adora, who was the only one among the girls who cannot fly on her own

Thunderbird flew faster than Fenrir could run and both Fenrir and Cerebus were used to guard the "Vegas Tomb" 

As the giant bone bird flew in the air, Angelica, Esmeralda and Theresa flew along side, playfully doing maneuvers, going around the large bird, and swooping and diving around it.

Adora jumped into the air gracefully, she looked like she was dancing as the other 3 girls caught her and threw her towards each other.

While she danced, Adora sang an elven song, whose melody seemed to have a cheering up effect, making the mood lively.

"We'll be changing directions" Sin suddenly said in her high pitched voice 

"Where to now master?" Angelica asked, flying alongside Thunderbird as Adora landed behind Sin.

"We are not far from the Mord Lands. Maybe its time to visit the Red Helm. I want to get my sword back from this... War God" Sin said as they veered to the left and headed East.

The eyes of the girls turned from playful to steely and stern. They too wanted to get their vengeance.

Adora started singing another song, this time, a song for battle as it roused the spirits of those within hearing range

19