Chapter 4
1.2k 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Warning: this chapter is just a plain joke chapter. Prepared to get fooled!

(A certain Butler's View)

Good day to you. I am Alfred, known to be the head butler in the Sylfid household.

My job is to be able to follow the orders of the lord, managing the house with the maids and to educate the young master to not steal mistresses undergarments.

So far, there was an incident where the young master was kidnapped from famous thugs that stays at the slum area around the kingdom. But luckily, a young boy saved him by risking his life and is now currently works at the household being the young master's personal butler.

Sora, the name young master Daniel gave him, is currently being educated by Lord Fredric as his instructor.

He's a kind man with a lot of potentials as stated by Lord Argus, commander of the Royal Knights Division. Though, judging by how he bouts with Sora, I could retract that statement as seen how he is currently doing well even with the lack of strength and experience.

"Damn. That kid is kinda scary you know that right?"

"You seem to be in shock at how talented that young man is, Lord Duncal."

"Just call me Fred."

He dismisses me calling on his family name as he looks back at Sora doing a bit of self-practice.

"If he wasn't taken in by that young master, I could have recommended him to be one of us. That kid sure has some talent."

"It seems so."

After chatting a bit, he goes back to Sora and begins to tell him the infamous training regimen that was banned from long ago. I was kinda surprised that Lord Duncal recommended that but he told me that it was fine.

"If he wants to get stronger fast, it would seem to be more fitting than the usual training regimen my knights use. But you can always tell him to use mine if he wants to give up. Ahahaha."

It seems that he was a bit angry due to how talented Sora was but he seems too sure that the course wouldn't outright kill him. Maybe he wanted to poke that determination of his as what he had intended for his revenge.

So, after that training with Lord Duncal in the morning, in the afternoon, I began to teach Sora on how to be a butler. Following his master's commands, not following them and direct him to a proper path, doing household works around the mansion and so on.

As he was listening in, he began to get interested in cooking as I remembered that he was once a slum boy. So, I educate him on what kind of food to be served to our masters, what's poisonous or not, and having to teach him to cook.

I first taught him a simple meal and he did it perfectly on his first try. Because it seems to me that he likes to eat, I began to teach him advanced techniques due to my fondness in cooking. He had quickly picked put but had underestimated his learning potential.

"D-d-delicious!"

In just a week, he had made me taste his first original recipe which was delicious that fitted to my taste. I couldn't believe that this kid who was once living in the slums, could learn how to cook in just a week and even make his own recipe.

But enough of that, I can't seem to get over the fact that this kid being a bit better. So I then set up a challenge where he had to go into the woods and make food based on what he could gather. I may seem petty but I can't afford to lose my pride in being a better cook than him.

But after a week later, he came back bringing all the ingredients with him. I was even shocked that he even brought poisoned mushrooms with him.

Uhh...is the kid planning on killing me for being a bit too harsh on him?

I mean...

WHY DID HE BROUGHT THOSE POISONOUS MUSHROOMS WITH HIM?!

But unlike what I had thought, he seems to be trying to make food instead of poison. Even having to taste test it first for confirmation.

I wasn't even acknowledging his strong poison resistance since he had to confirm the taste before serving them to me.

As I was contemplated on eating the dish, I look back to see him getting worried looks at me.

Ahh, I guess he really was just afraid that it would taste bad.

I gave him a warm look as I wasn't afraid of what he had put into the dish and try to judge it properly as the head butler to the household and as a chef.

"!!!!"

My god....This food is delicious than I ever imagined it to be.

And by using those poison mushrooms, he managed to detoxify them and even refined them to the food making it pleasing to the mouth and enhancing the meat.

I could go on and on about praising him but I had to give praise to this kid on making a great dish.

"I didn't expect you to use poison mushroom as an ingredient and even making the food even more fragrant than before. You should feel proud of yourself Sora."

"....."

Giving off a silent treatment but knowing about him looking respectful at me, I kinda like the respectful look he has which is kinda embarrassing but I was even more shock when he started to thank me.

"Thank...you....and master for....me being....his butler..."

It was the first time he gave a lengthy sentence made me remind myself that this kid was once lived in the slums. So, I was a bit proud of him and was a bit thankful that the young master recommended him.

That only lasts for about 2 months later after beating Lord Duncal in a duel by technique and surpassing me as a butler.

I kinda forgot about how monstrous of a genius this kid was....

18