Chapter 12
727 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After being taken by the queen to the castle, I was suddenly greeted by the knights on our way to the carriage.

"Y-your Highness! I-is that boy..."

"Y-yes! It is my long lost son whom I yearned for all these years! Oh, I am grateful that he has returned to me..."

Giving off a joyful smile which had charmed the guards but was too surprised to see me since they were at that time where I fought with the commander. But I was too shocked to even know what was going on until I had arrived at the carriage.

"Um...Y-your majesty..."

"Oh, my poor child. Please call me Mama. I know its hard for you to endure the harshness of the world but your finally safe with me."

"Um...i.."

By the time I could try to reason with her, I was taken away to the castle and could only look back at the mansion with regret.

***

A week has passed since the time I am assumed to be the long lost prince of the kingdom...

I am currently sighing due to the sudden shift in my position and could only stuff myself with the food I am given. Other than that, it's kinda sad and depressing for me to be here.

Usually, master...no, I mean Daniel would give me another impossible task for me to do but so far, this place doesn't satisfy what I usually did at the mansion.

The king and everyone at the castle were surprised at me when the queen assumed that I was her long lost son but so far, everyone treated me fairly except my supposed-to-be brother, Kaizun or Kai for short.

[I do not accept this boy to be my younger brother unless he bests my personal knight!]

[Uh...your highness. You saw how he had beaten Lord Cedrall in an actual duel and not even Lord Gregory could beat the commander.]

[Ah...um...but I cannot fathom that this boy could best me in studies...]

[Ah, about that. I heard that Lord Sylfid's Tutor felt defeated when this boy had shown his intelligence to him. Which he only studied for a month.]

[Ahh...um...that is...]

[And he can bake a really delicious cake as well Kai.]

[B-but Mother...]

He could not talk back when he tried to test me. Even the queen who was his mother had defended me. But hearing people praise me was hollow and only master where I felt happy to be praised at.

My brother still doubts me to be the real deal but I'm mostly interested in the food the people here eat. Other than that, I wasn't interested in being a royalty, politics or even being a prince. Having to serve master was what I usually do best and being royalty isn't what I want.

But, once Mother saw me training, she suddenly scolds me for training that harshly and even having to do anything aside from resting and reading books.

And in these past weeks, I already have read half of the forbidden library and manage to learn about magic control. With it, I could create precise magic formulas and even master some of the skills that are quite powerful.

"Well, might as well ask Mother to return to being Master Daniel's butler once more..."

***

"I use Aros...Replacement and...Return to being...your butler...."

"....wait, what?!"

Master became speechless when I ran away from the castle. He didn't expect me to return to being his butler once more but I made a resolve that time when I met him.

'I am Lord Daniel's Butler, Sora. Not some Royal Blood but a boy who grew up in the slums. I do not want fame nor power, for me, being his butler was the reason why I am alive right now.'

By serving him, would I repay for the new life he gave me.

By being his strength, would I be able to stand by with him.

By being his friend, when he is alone.

My name isn't Raziel but Sora, a slum boy who is picked up by Master. I am his friend and as a butler.

"Master....please...."

"Sora..."

Master gave me a solemn look before having a furious look on his face.

"Sora....no Prince Raziel! Please return to the castle. I do not want to be condemned with kidnapping with the prince of the kingdom."

"......"

............

......No, h-he's right...

"N-no......Forgive me...Sorry...."

It was decided that our ranks are now too distant that we can't return to the same anymore. Since I am not his butler anymore but a prince of a country. This was just a selfish reason for me to return by his side and wanting to be his butler again.

"Can we still be friends?"

".........Yes."

But maybe I can still have the same relationship I have with Master even without being able to serve him...

[Sora! I manage to convert everyone and thus making you inherit the throne. And by using the armies of the kingdom, we could start conquering kingdoms and rule the world!]

".........."

Unexpectedly, the moment was ruined by the clone I used as a replacement and now is currently saying something weird which I couldn't understand yet again.

"Aros...Can you....disinherit....and return me...as master's....butler?"

"[.....Huh?!]"

Both Master and Aros had the same reaction to the words I had said but it didn't matter. I knew that what I said was something that didn't come true...

***

"Sora, please forgive me for claiming that you're my child...."

Or so I said...

The queen gave a deep regret on her face when she said it to me. I never expected that it would be that easy to return to being Master's butler once more but I was more happy to be able to be by his side once more.

"C-can I still call you my child...?"

"...y-yes."

It would seem that the queen may have noticed my feelings and decided that I was more happy to return to being a butler but maybe I also feel sad since I also have something to call a family here.

But I prefer to be a butler than a prince...

13