Chapter 13
680 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I and Master are now currently standing in a large field while being surrounded by people, led by a muscular man.

"Oi Brats! Nobles or not, I'm gonna treat y'all the same in this school! This is the testing grounds to see if you have what it takes to enroll in this academy!"

Currently, we are at the Dylamus Academy as Master was here to watch me pass the enrollment of this school.

(Sora, ask that guy to give you the hardest test to enroll and pass it.)

I stand at students who would take the test as the instructor had begun his test.

"Gah!"

"Not bad kid, a bit more practice and you'll make a fine adventurer. Next!"

When it's finally my turn, he gave me a weird look due to me wearing a mask but he didn't mind.

"Hmn...a servant's clothing...why would you take the test since you'll probably enroll?"

"Sir...i request...the hardest test...to enroll...master's...orders..."

"Hmn...weird kid but alright."

Weirded out by the way I talk, he decided that I was trying to show off to my master as he took off his cuffs and gave them to me.

"Don't say I didn't warn you brat. Try not to die."

"....O-okay."

It seems that the cuffs were used to seal off his magic as his muscles began to swell and became even stronger but weren't as strong as Lord Duncan. But Master said that I shouldn't hold back, meaning that this guy was gonna go easy on me.

I began to put on the cuffs and my magic began to get sealed off as the instructor began to talk.

"Kid, you shouldn't overestimate yourself since you'll probably-guh."

Then, my mana gets completely sealed off as the magic to I used every day comes undone. But since I don't wanna hold back, I should not try to go in a half-assed manner.

"I pay respects to my senior. I won't hold back..."

He began to sweat as he tried to talk to me but I was fully focused on beating him.

"Wait, wait, I take my words back. Please try to hold back on me.....GGGGAAAAHHHHH!!!"

***

"M-master....was he...actually weak...?"

"Pfft. Ahahahaha! No Sora, he was actually acting like he was scared of you....pfft...."

"I-i see! Pretending....to pee....and looking at me...as a monster...great tactics..."

"Yeah...*Snorts* he's really good act acting Sora."

That instructor was just pretending on letting me win since I am Master's butler and he probably doesn't wanna antagonize the nobility. I should respect him...

"Ah, Dan?"

"Oh, it's you, Cristy!"

Then, we saw a young girl greeted us as we walk through the corridor and went towards her to talk to her.

She's Lord Marquis Rowand's Daughter, Cristina Rowand. She is Daniel's fiancee and is a good friend of the mistress. She tends to be misunderstood as being angry at the master and beats him up constantly(sometimes me as well). But the mistress told us that she was just hiding her feelings for master and couldn't say it out loud to being shy. Once he realized that, he began to slowly fall for her odd behavior.

So, Master being proactive in something he wants to do, started to be aggressive about it and they made up once they notice that their feelings were the same. If it weren't for the mistress knowing what was going on, their relationship wouldn't be fixed at all.

Having seen how happy Master was, I felt that I needed to protect not only him but those who are precious to him as well.

"What did you do this time Dan? Seeing as there was a commotion at the testing area."

"Well, I wanted to test the instructor if he's as strong as Sir Argus."

"Um...Master? Was he...holding back...? Even peeing..and stuff..?"

"Y-yeah....*Snorts* He's just playing you around...*Snickers*"

"..................."

I-i see! I knew that person was strong!

My brain began to click when I could piece the information all together like I solved the puzzle or something.

When I couldn't feel his strength, I knew that he's really good at hiding his power. And his expressions as well...what a great performance that even I could cope with such realism...

Miss Rowand who spectate our reactions, could guess what our thoughts were but she focuses her gaze towards Master as she smacks his head.

"Ow!"

"Geez...what would you do if something were to happen to you if he wanted revenge for what you did to him? Dan, Please don't make me worry..."

"Cristy..."

Master who felt the Miss having to worry about him, felt disheartened when he knew how she cares for him. She suddenly realized what she had said and starts to hit him.

"Ugh...S-stupid! Stupid! I-i wasn't worried about you idiot! I just didn't want you to get in trouble and having to marry such a troublesome guy. So stop making me worry for you idiot."

".....Cute."

If it were the past me, I would have broken her entire limbs for what she did to master. But after knowing about her true self, Master found her actions cute and me finding this relationship between them wholesome. I would begin to swear to protect their relationship.

[Sora, I need to be alone with Cristy for a while since I want to spend more time with her. Make some excuse and leave us alone.]

[....U-understood.]

After listening to Master's whisper, I look for an opportunity to leave. Then, I spotted Prince Kaizun looking for something as he saw me and started to approach us. Using this, I decided to bow towards to both of them.

"Please excuse...his highness...seeks of....me."

"Ah, its Kai. He might need you Sora to look for my sister."

"E-eh? H-his Highness? Shouldn't we help him?"

"Nope. He probably wants just Sora. A-anyways! I heard that there's a new pastry that just opened and I wanted to invite you to join me."

"Um...o-okay Dan..."

Having been led by Master, I decided to separate myself as I head towards the prince.

"O-oh hey younger bro-no. I mean Sora."

"........Your Highness."

My relationship with his Highness seems a bit better than the last time since then. It was probably because of the last time we met after I had run away.

******

We all had gathered in a private room where the king, queen, the prince and some people whom I never knew except Lord Cedrall and Lord Duncal.

"H-he really looks like her..."

"I couldn't believe it....he really has your beauty Aur..."

"Woah...this lad was younger than I thought and his potential outshines my nephew..."

"I never thought that we could meet the long lost prince who is still alive after all these years..."

The only difference than last time was having my mask at that time. I felt even more insecure due to it but I made a resolution to ask what my true intentions were...

"Um...i..."

"You want to go back to the Sylfid household and remain as a butler? Is what you want to say right?"

"..................*Nods*"

Having my intentions seen by the king, he gave a side glance to the Queen and the people around us as he turns back to me.

"Very well, we should all keep this between us that Rai-no, Sora was it?"

*Nods*

"Then...You shall go back to the house and remain as his butler."

"Geo?! What are you thinking? Do you want us to separate once more?!"

The queen who gave a glare at the King only gave a warm smile at her.

"Aur. I know how you feel but it'd be best for the sake of our children."

"What are you..."

"If he were to be proclaimed as the long lost child of ours, who knows what would the nobles do if they manage to get their hands on him. It'd be best if he remains as missing."

"...."

"At least we finally know that our child is still alive and living healthy..."

"I-i know that...but...."

The queen who realizes why the king decided to let go of me instead of bringing me back felt dissatisfied about it but I gave a warm smile as I talked to her.

"Mom....i never had...a parent before....and i...found....no...."

My words are becoming more and more broken as I tried to talk. I couldn't improve my vocabulary due to the fear remained from when I was still in the slums. No matter how smart or intelligent I am, It didn't help that I'm still the boy who once grew up in the slums and the fear of the people who disregard me as a nobody still lingers in me.

'Damn brat! You shouldn't have taken money from us. Eew...my foot step on to something...wait, is this your food? Hahaha. Slums like you should just eat dirt than to steal things from us.'

'Che. It's your fault for having those looks of yours that It makes me want to beat you up some more. Having to see your face only makes me want to punch it even more.'

'It's kinda infuriating to listen to your voice. Heh, even if you scream for help, no one's gonna care brat. How about I break that mouth of yours so you won't speak again...'

Recalling them, my breathing became rough and it was like I'm being choked in front of these people. But...

"M-master....he saved me!"

"""!!!!"""

With a loud shout, I gave a strong resolved to them as if my voice didn't come out broken this time. They were surprised at me shouting but I continue to voice out what I've been holding onto myself for all these years.

"I had lived a life where my life wouldn't matter and risk everything for the sake of survival. I hid my face because I didn't want to get hurt, I hid my voice so no one could break my mouth and even having to scavenge for food even if I were to take it from the trash. I didn't want to die there!"

"M-my child..."

""""............""""

"B-but....master...."

The queen held her mouth as she tried to cover the sound of her crying while the rest felt remorse and pained for listening to my story of living at the slums and the years I endured. I felt furious about them having forgotten about me but now... I could only felt a bit of warmth from the household who took me in and the person who saved me.

"He maybe selfish, arrogant and stupid...."

[*Sneeze*...I think there's someone talking bad about me....]

"But he's..."

I had closed my eyes and recalled my time at the mansion. The people there felt disgusted at my looks and my reputation of being a denizen of the slums but Master was the only one who stood up for me. I felt gratitude for what he did as I gave my first genuine smile in my entire life in front of them.

"The best Master that I want to serve..."

Then, as if the strings were cut, I slowly lose my consciousness and pass out....

******

"Sora...well i..."

"Y-your Highness..."

It seems he felt bad about what he did on our first meeting and was just suspicious of me who just suddenly proclaimed to be his sibling. I tried to say something but he stopped and smiled at me.

"I apologized for my conduct in our first meeting and...I would like you to call me brother if we are alone. I wanted our relationships to be better than last time..."

After hearing my story, he seems contemplated about me until he realizes that I'm just a guy who wanted to work as a butler for the sake of my master. I also felt that the prince was just suspicious of me but is just a unbias and thoughtful guy. I felt that this kingdom would not face corruption if he were to stick to his self.

"Y-yes...um...b-brother..."

"Hmn...So it would be. But I won't hand over Liliana over to you."

"???"

Even if we were to fix our past relationship, there's still a new relationships I didn't know about...

13