1: Prologue
21.9k 48 334
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world of Stellaria. It was a parallel world. A world similar to Earth. A world that had various islands and continents, rich with vegetation, open plains, and mountains. The world of Stellaria was what you would refer to as a fantasy world, with architecture equivalent to the middle ages back on Earth. However, Stellaria had one more unique trait. It was a world full of mana. A world were using magic was possible.

 

There was one more unique feature that Stellaria had. If we know that the Earth is round, Stellaria is the complete opposite. It is smaller than Earth, but it's completely flat. Almost like a giant floating island surrounded everywhere by the sky.

 

But, where there is beauty, there is also evil. Titania prison island. Humanities most fortified prison. A small island around 10 hectares in the middle of the ocean. Similar to Earth's Alcatraz Island. A castle built like a fortress on this island, with enchanted walls that protect it from sea storms, heavy armor knights and wizards, anti flight wards to prevent flying, and a 3 day ship travel to the nearest shore made escape impossible.

 

This was a prison for the most dangerous villains. You probably are wondering why a prison exist and why aren't criminals executed. Mostly because humanity believed there are certain individuals worth keeping alive in the shadows. The prison had one peculiar cell. It wasn't even right to call it a cell. It was a large pit, similar to a well, 35 feet deep. This was the cell of prisoner number 7092. This was… my cell.

 

------

 

"I'm sorry. Fate wasn't kind at all with you. You have died."

 

I woke up finding myself in a large tatami Japanese style room. My memory was hazy. The first thing that came back to me was my name. My name is Kimito Yamanashi. 30 years old. High school teacher. But the rest… is all one big fog.

 

"Excuse me… are you serious?"

 

The woman that was standing before me was like an angel. Beautiful long blonde hair, a long white formal dress, long pointy ears like an elf and mesmerizing pale green eyes.

 

 

"I know it must be hard for you. But I assure you this is real. You have died. Try to remember. Your memory should slowly come back."

 

Everything started to come back to me. I lived by myself. My parents passed away in a car accident and I was raised by an uncle. When I finished high school I had various part time jobs and moved out, living on my own. Eventually I became a high school teacher. And one day when I was heading back home from work a van passed by me and stopped near me. 3 men grabbed me and dragged me in.

 

I read about them. They were a group of psychopaths that the police were trying to catch. They beat me up for fun, they raped me, and eventually they asphyxiated me. I remember all those horrors. I died. I was shaking. Fortunately the lady came closer to me, placed her hand on my head. I dunno what she did to me, but I felt a warm feeling. As if all the trauma I remembered just now had vanished into thin air and was replaced by lots of love and serenity.

 

"Again, I am deeply sorry. My name is Ariadne, a Goddess. Your fate was accidentally mixed up with someone else. As a result you died before your time. But not to worry. You will be given a second chance."

 

"Are you going to send me back?"

 

"No. I can't do that. You have already been declared dead. It would cause too many issues to send you back. But fear not. I will send you to another world. A world of fantasy, full of magic. This time you will be able to live your life to the fullest!"

 

I see. So it's like those isekai light novels I read when I was still a kid. I can't deny it sounds tempting. If I get to start over… if I get to show my true nature… then this is a miracle. I always thought I wasted my life anyway.

 

"So, is there something you desire for your next life?"

 

"Is it possible to be strong?"

 

"Please define strong, as that world has different laws from yours."

 

"Good point. Well I guess… absurdly strong? Overpowered, the strength to crush anyone that gets in my way, bend people to my will… like broken strong!"

 

"That is…"

 

Crap. I let my true self surface. Her face twiched. I probably sound like a villain right now. Gotta fix this.

 

"Erm… sorry. I got too excited. If that's not possible then…"

 

"No. I was just surprised. There is a way, although it is… weird to say the least. Anything else?"

 

"Umm… is it possible to be more… good looking?"

 

I won't lie here, I was fat and my facial traits weren't what you would call optimal. I was ugly.

 

"Funny you should mention something like that. Yes, that is also possible, but I should warn you about what this involves. You see you will be…"

 

"Oh, there's no need for any more. You are pretty generous enough with my requests already!"

 

"Umm… listen, I still think you should know the background of this particular scenario before accepting."

 

"Nono. As long as my requests are granted, I will figure out everything as I go along the way."

 

The fact that I was able to get strong and be handsome is more than plenty. I always envied good looking people. Finally I get to be one of them. Maybe I'll be able to save lots of princesses and get wealth. I can live a happy and fulfilled life without anyone telling me what to do hahaha. Any other details really don't matter. So let's get this going.

 

"I've never met a human as impatient as you. But very well. Then it is settled. May you enjoy your new life then."

 

She extended her hand. A bright light shined and I found my conscious drifting.

 

------

 

When I opened my eyes it felt weird. I was utterly shocked. A sinister altar was displayed before me. Skulls of various creatures, blood paint on the wall… was I sent to hell by mistake?

 

Then, I saw a large and sturdy being. I say being because no matter how you look at it it's a Demon. A giant with grey skin, large horns, big muscles and a pink-ish beard and spiky hair.

 

"Thank God. The ritual worked."

 

The large demon took a knee before me.

 

"My lady, please help us. Save us from the threat of the Hero!"

 

Wait wait wait! Did he just say… my lady?

 

*Gulp*

 

Something tells me… I should have listened to that Goddess…

334