69: Taking it to the next level
3.6k 9 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A pale flash like a lightning bolt instantly passed through me!

In the blink of an eye, he got behind me and forced me on my knees. This bastard… he tore open my stomach. I managed to heal though.

"My attacking power has exceeded anything in this world. This is the power of an S class. My power lies in speed and my punches. Magic will be useless against me since you won't manage to hit me."

I got up again, while still giving him my angry look.

"If I only need to deal with your speed, then… [Force Boost… Phase 2]!"

The physical strengthening technique that allows the body to go beyond it's limits. It redirects all the mana in the muscles allowing to achieve great powers. My aura alone created a powerful gust of wind. But the pain that comes with this skill is also significant. 

I instantly leaped at him. One would think that I used my teleport skill, but it was all leg power. A barrage of punches was unleashed from both sides. For a few seconds you would think you were watching a dragon ball fight scene. However…

"Ugh!"

His punch was still one step faster and knocked me on the ground.

"That was impressive. I'm actually surprised you managed to increase your speed. But… you still can't match my power. All you did was eat more pain."

"That was my goal, genius. Pain and the increase of my heartbeat… helps me express it."

"Express it? Express what?"

There are boundaries that cannot be crossed by the mortal body being. If someone reaches the Phase 3, he will gain unimaginable strength at the cost of his life.

"I don't know what you're planning but it's over!"

He once again lashed at me, but this time.

"Guaah!!"

This time my blow connected and he was the one that was tumbling on the ground.

"I managed to express it successfully…"

"It…It can’t be… you bitch… what did you do?"

Hypothetically speaking…even if I defeat this guy…there is still this king of his ahead…now it’s not the right time to bet on my life. This wasn't the 3rd phase. I just…had to get close to that limit instead…

"Phase Boost…Phase 2.5…"

After a terrible roar, I noticed that Murglais charged with his jet black nail. I responded with my Slash Disorder. He managed to block my attacks, and started to laugh maniacally! However! The body of this dimensional was gradually pushed down by the overwhelming power of my new discovered state. If phase 3 gives a 20 time boost, then phase 2.5 should give a 15 time boost. If I don't open the limiter on the heart… I won't die. But I can feel my muscles tearing...

"What the hell is this power…! But, you’re just a mere Mazoku…!"

"You're lucky I don't have access to my full strength."

If I was my old self, this battle would be over already.

"Don’t screw with me…! Who do you think I am! Wha… My…My nails…!"

In the end, Murglais's nails were getting more and more tattered. As opposed to mine who were still sharp as steel.

"Curse you. I won't lose. Eat this!"

"Come! HEYAAaA!!"

I pulled my claws extremely fast and swung it at an astonishing speed! The sound swept through the air and, on that moment, a large explosion emitted a thunderous roar that almost collapsed the cave! When the two supernatural powers collided with one another, a dazzling light was created and a tremendous shock was generated. 

"Uh…Ugh…"

…When I raised my body after falling down dramatically, I noticed that Murglais stood at a place that was far away from me. We've been pushed on opposite ends.

I collapsed on my hands and knees. I couldn't bare the pain any longer!! *Pant*

However, something occurred when he tried to approach me in order to kill me. His chest became swollen and exploded! At the same time a glowing liquid fluid erupted from the cut on his chest! 

I've inflicted way more damage on him than he did on me.

When the screams subsided, Murglais remained upright. Yet, all of his body turned black as if he had transformed into a charcoal.

"It's… my loss. I'll die… but know this… if you barely managed to beat me… you will never win against our commander… or our God…. You are… nothing more than a pawn… I failed to remove…."

With those last words, his body fell apart. Just like a stone, cracks appeared and he crumbled into tiny pieces. For me… this battle is over. I finally over. All that's left is to check on my slaves and see if they were ok. Given the teachers too… they shouldn't have any issues. Leona will protect them. And I need to check back on Nelia.

I then glanced once more at the wall. Azamar was still unconscious. There's still one more insect I need to properly squash. For everything he did so far he deserves death. But killing him here would be too kind of a death. You made everyone suffer with your little stunt. And even if I tell everyone that he is the culprit, these bastards are so focused on nobility, they won't believe me.

I pondered for a second, then I let out an evil grin. I got it. I will kill him, but not before I make him regret ever crossing paths with me. He tried taking Nelia from me. So I am going to take something from you. I want you to feel despair. I'm going to crush your heart. I'm going… to steal Amelia from you. Your mother… will be my slave.

106