129: Maou vs Beast Emperor
1.9k 2 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The final game began with both of us glaring each other without moving. It's like we were both waiting to see who is going to be the one that makes the first move.

 

It's a fact that Regulus Rex has too much of an advantage in physical combat. When taking a blow from him there’ll be considerable damage. I can’t be careless, certainly. Healing is of course possible with my Cure All but in case there is large damage the recovery time will be longer. I can’t consider that he won’t do anything while I recover.

 

So in conclusion it should be good to keep him at bay using long-range attacks, so I won’t give him chance to come near me. Using Zeshia's sword form is out of the question because I am not allowed to kill him, however her staff form should still be usable, so that should give me an advantage.

 

Well, glaring at each other won't solve anything, so here goes nothing!

 

"[Vulcan Shock Ignition]!"

 

I raised Zeshia and cast the powerful spell which was now amplified, so the explosion was significantly bigger. But Regulus Rex only let out a large roar and charged at me from the smoke. Fast!

 

The ground was torn apart by the impact of the Lion’s fearsome attack. Nonetheless… I wasn't near the area where the big and large-shaped claw had striked.

 

On that very moment, a metallic sound resonated intensely! I tried striking him from behind with my own claws! But, I noticed that the he managed to shield himself!

 

"Oh…You managed to avoid my attack and even tried to strike me from behind my back."

 

The only way I could shift my position so fast was using Force Boost Phase 2. However I only activated temporary to dodge, and deactivated it so I can pour more mana into my strike.

 

"Was that speed a fluke? Let's test it again, shall we?"

 

He once again approached me and tried to strike me with his right arm. On that moment, I immediately activated the red aura once more. And, I dodged that frightening strike. However, this time, the Beast Emperor chased after me immediately when I dodged the attack. The enemy twisted his body and tried to tear my flesh with his left-handed claws.

 

Nevertheless, I could still react quickly. I bent his upper body instantaneously and dodged the second strike. The flaming claws cut a small string of my hair that fell to the ground. Not good. This is too close for comfort. I needed some distance so I took a large leap backwards.

 

"…You changed again. So, it wasn’t a fluke after all. I can see the increase and decrease of your aura. Did you rapidly increase your ability value the moment I attacked you? After that, your aura decreased considerably. In other words, you can only surpass my status for only a short moment. If I were to guess, you are applying Force Boost on yourself."

 

He figured me out. Maybe I can fool him a bit. I once again extended Zeshia.

 

"[Chain Lightning]!"

 

Electric bolts of lighting assaulted Regulus from all directions. But he put power in his feet and managed to avoid it by jumping between the gaps. He charged once again at my right hand. He probably was trying to tear my hand that was holding Zeshia. But on that instant, he stopped his attack.

 

"Did you really think I wouldn’t notice it?"

 

The leg of the Lion slammed into my abdomen violently sending me tumbling on the ground for a while.

 

" Your left arm is wrapped by a strange aura. Even if I can't see it, my sixth sense is telling me that it's something dangerous. Cheap tricks won't work on me."

 

So, he figured it out. This guy really is something if he was able to sense Reflection Counter.

 

Zeshia was right. Reflection Counter is a mirror type spell. Any damage inflicted on me is also inflicted on my opponent. If he sliced my arm, his arm would also fall off. In my case I can regenerate it, so I thought I might gain an advantage, but that didn't seem to work.

 

"I think we played enough."

 

Regulus's left hand suddenly turned into that of a flame and the fire started to affect his surroundings. Small fireballs were surrounding him like a wall. He then jumped high, and rushed his way. I click my tongue and avoid the attack by jumping back.

 

But at that time, the fireballs surrounding the Beast Emperor started to move towards him.

 

“Huh!?”

 

I quickly had to activate the demon barrier Fuka; a wall made of pale magic covers me instantly.

 

dododododododo!

 

The attack hits the wall as if it was an attack launched from a shotgun. Then as if suddenly feeling the bloodlust from the direction, I could clearly see the Lion charging in with tremendous momentum.

 

His left hand which he converted into magma became like a tentacle. It was wriggling and bubbling as if waiting to devour its prey. One could understand just by looking, that a tremendous amount of power was being wielded in that hand.

 

I pulled up more layers of Fuka, and my defensive wall and his fist collide.

 

Bachin!

 

Surprisingly, the dense wall was shattered.

 

dogooooooooooon!

 

The severe impact sound shook the surrounding.

 

The scene was as if a tremendous explosion had happened at that place. Holding their breath both camps were watching the place of the impact. The smoke cleared up and at the place where Regulus was a crater appeared; also a part of the land near the Beast Emperor was also melted.

 

"Kuh… to be able to survive that… you truly live up to your reputation."

 

True enough. I was injured, but I survived with not much threat. My Fuka was shattered but by quickly activating Dimensional Shift, like a ghost I managed to avoid the explosion.

 

"Well then, are you up for more?"

 

"Kuh, do you really need to ask? I guess I really need to go all out against you. So brace yourself."

59